Aladdin (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm mostly interested in the musical numbers. Gonna see it with the fam regardless, it might be shitty, but I'm not going to miss a classic Disney movie remade.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
what if genie is actually a replicant

E1gj8AL.jpg
Is that Jiggy Smurf?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Inque

FunEmployed
This. All i see is a blue Will Smith with elf ears,not a genie.

They could have exaggerated the face, gave'm a bigger chin, puffier look. If you're going to keep the voice, great, but I literally felt like I was watching Fresh Prince :(

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They could have exaggerated the face, gave'm a bigger chin, puffier look. If you're going to keep the voice, great, but I literally felt like I was watching Fresh Prince :(

Isn't his fee like 100 million a movie when taking in the backend?

If he's not a hit as Genie, that amounts to a waste of budget-- a budget that they could've used for better scissors to cut out Jafar.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should make a parody movie of Aladdin as Van Wilder 3 where Taj goes back to ancient persia and ends up kicking Jafar in the balls (hire the same actor). Ryan Reynolds can even show up as Deadpool via Cable's time travel device and makes a wish that Will Smith was never blue or animated.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1549961247737.png

Granted MIB 3 is huge. I knew I wasn't that far off on the 100m pay check figure.

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They just did a really bad job not making it look like the genie and too much like an Aladdin jib jab. Seriously... it looked like the photoshopped his face in from a random photo at his house into the first pass of a cgi genie.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Sooooooo, are we going to hear cries of black-washing for putting WIll Smith in the role of someone middle-easternererer?

Even if he is blue........

If this was already said in jest, I apologize, I did not read the thread.......

Caliane

its a really tough or impossible get. Robin williams Genie is 200% cartoon. It just can't be translated into live action. So either you have to leave him a cgi cartoon. Or, you have to make him a real person, and completely change the character.

thief-of-bagdad.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
its a really tough or impossible get. Robin williams Genie is 200% cartoon. It just can't be translated into live action. So either you have to leave him a cgi cartoon. Or, you have to make him a real person, and completely change the character.

thief-of-bagdad.jpg

Holy FUCK SHIT, I LOVED Thief of Bagdad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

4chan on top of that shit. still image=/=animated of course.. but if they can give whats her face huge eyes.. give Will a wider jaw.
genie.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
This is the era you learn how many people can't act, can't produce, can't write, but still get greenlit.

That trailer was a flaming bag of dogshit.

Smith should be good at playing himself; he's been playing the same role for decades.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.

thief-of-bagdad.jpg
Ok so Sand Giant inc!..... Ill show myself out.