Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ridley Scott should retire. Pacing plot and action scenes were all utter shit

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you take this movie at face value, its "okay". But if you connect any of the dots, the lore or anything that goes along with the overall story of the series.. this movie is just a big cluster fuck. Something that just kept bugging the shit out of me in the movie was the fact that they were going for some kind of space cowboy theme with the crew. That many lives in the hands of these guys? Are you serious? At least in Prometheus, the crew was believable. They took precaution of the unknown, and they were disciplined and seemed trained to do a job. Who let these monkeys take control in this movie?

New to the series or just want something to watch? Sure. But this was a let down if you're a fan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its a let down if you arent a drooling retard.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
New to the series or just want something to watch? Sure. But this was a let down if you're a fan.
If you watched this pile of shit before watching Alien/Aliens, you deserve to be dropped into the Grizzly Exhibit.
CWLf3g.gif

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was equally as bad as Prometheus. Making it one of the worst movies of the last decade. Congrats Ridley Scott.

He George Lucas'd his own franchise, but to an even worse degree. George's failings were mostly just terrible/cringy dialogue and questionable acting. Ridley actually mother fucked his own storyline, canon, timelines, and all the mystery that made Alien(s) so fucking cool.

Just abort the franchise please.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Sucks everyone is hating it but I guess no shocker. Oh well another for my free Tmobile Tuesday rent fests. I tend to like movies better when they only cost .49 to rent for 3 days on digital, but so far this has been a very odd year.
Didn't think I would like Rogue One but it turned out ok enough.
Didn't think I would like Passengers but I actually watched it like a dozen times during that rental.
Thought I would LOVE Vin's TripleX and turned out to be the worst movie I've seen all year.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Haven't watched it yet, but not surprised with your reactions, unfortunately.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
His last movie was The Martian, pretty sure he doesnt need to retires

Yeah, but the source material was excellent, and that's the big difference. Everything else he's made in the last decade has been pretty lackluster.

Szlia

He George Lucas'd his own franchise, but to an even worse degree. George's failings were mostly just terrible/cringy dialogue and questionable acting. Ridley actually mother fucked his own storyline, canon, timelines, and all the mystery that made Alien(s) so fucking cool.
Midichlorians?

• 3Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Scott is a competent director who needs well written material to shine. He is awful with story.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The guy made American Gangster, Alien, Blade Runner etc...

And Exodus, 1492, Prometheus etc.

The Martian was great, but he's responsible for 3 of the absolute worst movies I've ever seen. An English Joel Schumacher

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you take this movie at face value, its "okay". But if you connect any of the dots, the lore or anything that goes along with the overall story of the series.. this movie is just a big cluster fuck. Something that just kept bugging the shit out of me in the movie was the fact that they were going for some kind of space cowboy theme with the crew. That many lives in the hands of these guys? Are you serious? At least in Prometheus, the crew was believable. They took precaution of the unknown, and they were disciplined and seemed trained to do a job. Who let these monkeys take control in this movie?

To be fair, the guy in charged died in the opening scene.
The new guy in charge let Jesus take the wheel.... you know what happens when you let Jesus take the wheel in a movie about finding creation outside of god? A bug eats its way out of your chest and then raises the roof with in conjunction with its robot buddy.

• 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The gore effects were good and I was interested enough in the android characters but I just couldn't give a shit about anyone else. So many characters taking insanely huge risks. Let's go check out a brand new planet! Let's fly the colony ship too close to a hurricane so we can maybe rescue some people that ran into contaminants! The weird slapstick violence and all the screaming in the beginning parts had me cheering for the alien. Lock in the monster, run to get a gun, run back, open the door for no reason, slip, run back out, shoot up the fuel cell, die. Good fucking lord.

Prometheus grew on me some after a second viewing. This one I don't see ever bothering.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Saw it. Was meh. It was a robot movie more than an alien movie.

I liked Prometheus better.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
watched it today. meandering first hour that doesn't really go anywhere, filled with bland impulsive characters one never has a chance to care about. a generic evil guy-robot who listens to classical music and talks about how misunderstood he is... if only they would have replaced his flute with an organ. the aliens are more of a side thing.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You didnt you relate to the every day blue collar mans man TENNESSEE??

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
2 weeks in,
160M take worldwide, against a 100M budget, only 60ish of that in US.

Unless they really love Ridley, we can probably assume that we will be spared from the conclusion of this exciting trilogy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity