Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fadaar

That guy
When they announced Aquaman was coming to the DCU I was hoping and praying for James Cameron and Adrian Grenier.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Indeed the CGI looks cleaned up and less jarring - the tear wipe still is, but any real/cgi physical touch still after all these years - sucks, it is a yugge "THIS IS FAKE THIS IS NOT" uncanny vally alert in the brain.

Am I ...umm... not remembering the plot of the anime? Or is it very much changed...

Also was that the "rich people world" - looks kinda close to the mainland compared to the anime - other than that, it visually looks nice.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Plot seems way different than the OAV. Captured a lot of the elements of certain scenes though.
Still a little uncanny, don't care, will still watch.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah, looks like they've completely changed the storyline from the OAV for this movie. A little disappointed, but, can definitely understand why. The OAV just doesn't make a good 90-150 minute movie.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good cast of villains at least. Mahershala Ali & Ed Skrein aren't in enough movies/shows IMO. Hoping it's good as well w/ James just producing. Rodriguez is hit or miss.

Casper Van Dien is in this though. Odddd choice for a baddy, hehe

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
disclaimer: i've read everything BAA

they are using WAY MORE than the ova, the ova is 2 chapters of BAA, this'll be half the movie the other half
motorball, more specifically it'll probably follow the ps1 game, and have the hunter/warrior be the first part and motorball will be the second part, thats also why there are so many ppl villians in this movie.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I'm not familiar with the source material at all, and that trailer makes the movie look very watchable/enjoyable. I may eventually get used to the embellished eyes, but I'm not sure why they decided that was so important when none of the other characters have them.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
disclaimer: i've read everything BAA

they are using WAY MORE than the ova, the ova is 2 chapters of BAA, this'll be half the movie the other half
motorball, more specifically it'll probably follow the ps1 game, and have the hunter/warrior be the first part and motorball will be the second part, thats also why there are so many ppl villians in this movie.

I really don't see how they are going to cram any of the motorball in to this. My guess is this is only going to be the first 2 volumes of the manga with maybe a few bits from later on.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm not familiar with the source material at all, and that trailer makes the movie look very watchable/enjoyable. I may eventually get used to the embellished eyes, but I'm not sure why they decided that was so important when none of the other characters have them.
source material isn't overly crazy
9781632365989_manga-battle-angel-alita-deluxe-edition-volume-1-hardcover-sample2.jpg

But most ppl know BAA from the movie/ova, which "animed" her eyes more
images

and the writer/mangka has drawn the eyes to match (this is current-ish)
battle_angel_alita___vector_wall_by_elclon-d51tvkx-615x394.png

But it could just be James Camerons jap fetish, i mean he did make a show called "Dark Angel"
dark+angel.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I really don't see how they are going to cram any of the motorball in to this. My guess is this is only going to be the first 2 volumes of the manga with maybe a few bits from later on.
since you know, then the last few frames you see Alita in skates and then later w/ her Damascus sword

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Lanx Lanx Went back to look at the trailer:

She's not wearing skates, but that could be the damascus sword. The bot she's stabbing looks vaguely like Tiegel from motorball, but I'm not convinced.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx Went back to look at the trailer:

She's not wearing skates, but that could be the damascus sword. The bot she's stabbing looks vaguely like Tiegel from motorball, but I'm not convinced.
it's one second right before the damascus sword appears, when she breaks through the glass, it's actually two different scenes
a61c97fcd68e84adcb8f18f2855ed654.png

here's the scene you see 4 wheels for inline skates.

it two different suits, the scene i'm showing is her motorball suit, the scene w/ the damascus sword is most likely berserker suit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user