All things Brandon Sanderson

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just in case you didn't know, the Malazan Book of The Fallen may be done, but Erikson isn't done writing in that universe. He's contracted for another 5 books. I was kinda disappointed by Forge of Darkness though. Hoping it will pick up a bit. And the Karsa trilogy is almost guaranteed to be good considering the character it will centered upon. Lastly, Esslemont has at least one more side book to write. I think they both have books out next year.
I didn't know and thanks. That's some good news.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Words of Radiance "officially done" and being sent off to Tor.

In the time it took me to write that sentence Sanderson wrote 3 YA novels and a new WoT short story.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oops that should have said novella or novelette, which 35 pages probably doesn't qualify for . so short story?

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Probably a novelette. Amazon's page estimator assumes 350ish words as a page, so about 12k.

Short Story = up to 7500 words.
Novelette = 7500 to 17500 words.
Novella = 17500 to 40000 words.

faille

Molten Core Raider
It's not a bad read. Almost like an epilogue to Steelheart, but bit more, so works as a nice bridge to the next novel.

Achtung

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just got a promo email from B&N offering preorder on a signed Words of Radiance hardcover. Very excited that it's coming out, but I wish they'd just skip to the fat paperbacks that I like to read instead of all the pricey fancies
frown.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prologue and two chapters for anyone interested:http://www.tor.com/stories/2014/01/e...er-one-and-two

Bit worried about this one, Sanderson usually has a drop off from book 1 to book 2, we'll see if he breaks the trend.
Thank you! That was a nice start to the new book. Though I wonder about the timing of Kaladin's chapter
At the end of the first book, there is a stormy night and one of the original Knights Radiant (or whatever those first ones were) arrives saying Odium had won. I had thought I arrived at Dalinars HQ? Or did he show up at Dalinars hometown? If he showed up at the HQ, I'd imagine that would be a rather important moment...that people would know about.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank you! That was a nice start to the new book. Though I wonder about the timing of Kaladin's chapter
At the end of the first book, there is a stormy night and one of the original Knights Radiant (or whatever those first ones were) arrives saying Odium had won. I had thought I arrived at Dalinars HQ? Or did he show up at Dalinars hometown? If he showed up at the HQ, I'd imagine that would be a rather important moment...that people would know about.
He showed up at the gates to a city, not where Dalinar and Kaladin and the armies are currently.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just finished The Way of Kings and although the book moves at a slow and steady pace, the dialogue and lore kept me interested all the way through. The last 200 pages or so were absolutely incredible and I can't wait for Words of Radiance.