Almost Human

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would rather watch Almost Human than The Following. I just can't get into The Following at all. I liked the season finale, but it wrapped up too nicely. That makes me feel like it was getting canned.

They had an opportunity for multiple decent cliff hangers..not sure if spoiler....

Corrupt old timer in the police department and / or Dorian being deccomissioned. Instead they tied it all up by the end, prisoner freed, father cleared, everyone happy, go gett'm champ!

I liked the blindness ending, brought me back to the Twilight Zone book worm / glasses episode.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Excellent homage to Blade Runner, the music was a nice touch as well.

I am hoping that DRN getting renewed is a subtle mention that the show will get picked up

spronk

FPS noob
apparently one reason why the finale wasn't "epic"-y or involve any real arc is that Fox decided not to order the final 9 episodes, I guess expensive shows do 13 shows, the network sees how it plays out, and then orders 9 more or not depending on ratings. Given the ratings this week were weak and that they never ordered the final 9, I can't see much good news in the future for Almost Human
frown.png

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyable finale. I want the rewatch the season in propper or though and see how much better it is

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
TV by the Numbers makes it sound like FOX will be choosing between Almost Human and The Following. The Following is easily one of the worst written shows I have ever had the misfortune of watching, so naturally it's the one they predict will be renewed.
Let's be perfectly clear here:

The treatment AH has received is that of a show Fox wrote off in Week 3 or so (scheduled in holidays, opposite the Olympics, no backorder, not admitting no backorder (because everyone in the industry knows what that means) for as late as possible, etc.)

The ratings AH has been getting are now inline with theirbestnon-animated shows.

Or to summarize, Fox canceled the show months ago. Given how terrible everything is going there, they could easilyuncancelit before May. It depends on how many new shows Fox can get up and running with their new system before then.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Friday Update: Fox renewed all their scripted shows (New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Following, and even The Mindy Project) - except for Dads (almost certainly dead), Rake (definitely dead), and Almost Human (guess for yourself).

That said, my opinion hasn't changed. Fox canceled the show months ago. If their new shows have trouble in development and American Idol continues to crater, Fox may well be forced touncancelit before the May upfronts.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Fox usually makes some pretty poor decisions. If it wasn't for the regurgitated slop they've kept forever, Fox would probably be fighting for NBC for last place. Dads, Rake and several other newer shows didn't have near the ratings of AH. They love killing good shows.

Ganthorn

N00b
Fox usually makes some pretty poor decisions. If it wasn't for the regurgitated slop they've kept forever, Fox would probably be fighting for NBC for last place. Dads, Rake and several other newer shows didn't have near the ratings of AH. They love killing good shows.
It seems like their execs or whoever makes some of these decisions have too much power. Look at how many shows they try to "make better" by changing which episode is the pilot, airing them out of order etc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They probably use focus groups (read: average idiots) to help make those decisions. Also, don't forget which episode was the first to be aired out of order. Typical stupidity.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Fox seems to have a habit of airing episodes out of order. They need to cut the shit

Just watched Enlisted (a FOX show), and it has been airing out of order. There is no overall arc so its hard to spot. Tonight's episode revealed that a side character had a kid, but that was established in a previous episode centered around said kid.

EDIT: I should have read the Wiki. "The first season has, to-date, aired mostly out of the production order in an effect to build early positive buzz by airing "stronger" episodes first." I still stand by the popular opinion that this type of asshattery needs to stop

spronk

FPS noob
So apparently at a con this weekend Karl Urban said that he is confident Almost Human is going to get renewed and they are just working out contract issues. Hope its true!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow that'd be cool, speculation is that it's axed... but i'd really like to see this show goto 2nd season.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I am not holding my breath, but Fox would be stupid to not capitalize all of the heat that Karl Urban has been generating lately. Dredd won that Amazon March (Movie) Madness. Dreddites came out en mass to vote that up. Which is pretty impressive that they beat out the LOTR fans.

Goatface

Fox Drama ?Almost Human? Cancelled
EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Fox has opted not to pick up a second season of Almost Human. The futuristic drama starring Karl Urban and Michael Ealy got off to a sluggish start in November but held enough ground to at least earn renewal consideration, often finishing on par with its Monday companion (the already-renewed drama The Following). In fact, the March season (and series) finale of Almost Human logged a 1.5 rating in 18-49, matching the Live+Same Day rating for last night?s finale of The Following. (The Following is a bigger DVR draw). Almost Human?s chances started to slip once Fox?s drama pilots started to come in. All three of them ? Gotham, The Red Band Society and Empire ? are considered strong contenders for a series pickup. That didn?t bode well for Almost Human. Also, it is produced by an outside studio, Warner Bros TV, which also has The Following and the sure-to-be-picked-up Batman prequel Gotham. Almost Human, about a cop (Urban) paired with a lifelike combat-model android (Ealy), comes from the Fringe team of JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman. Elsewhere in Fox bubble land, the renewal chances for Seth MacFarlane-produced freshman comedy Dads appear to have gone up in the past few days.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The Following is so fucking bad. And yes, I've watched every god damn awful episode.