Juvarisx

Florida
Real trailer with date... Feb 2, 2018

Apparently they spent 6-7mill an episode for this

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is what happens when you spend your bankroll on actual content and aren't subject to busybody FCC rules from people who whine about children.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Seems like a hard book to translate well but I'm down to see how it turned out.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I hope this is good. I love the Cyberpunk genre. I may need to reread the books again before the show drops.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Miguel Sapochnik directed some of this (basically did the best of the best GOT episodes) which is why he couldn't do s7 GoT

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I hope this gets Morgan to go back to writing Sci Fi instead of Fantasy. He is much better at the former than the latter.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I hope this gets Morgan to go back to writing Sci Fi instead of Fantasy. He is much better at the former than the latter.

Agreed. I consider Market Forces and Thirteen(The Black Man) his best novels.

• 2Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really looking forward this. Was starting to wonder if my Netflix sub was worth it. I just don't care about most of their series (Amazon's are worse).

Read one (or two?) of the books a few years ago. Pretty good.

The pics and production look awesome. Perfectly aligned with the kind of stuff I tend to want to watch.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Really looking forward this. Was starting to wonder if my Netflix sub was worth it. I just don't care about most of their series (Amazon's are worse).

They need to have more hot shit in the pipe to justify the announced bump in their rates.
Marco Polo was super expensive and season 2 was lack luster. The Hundred Eyes origin story one-shot was better than S2.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They need to have more hot shit in the pipe to justify the announced bump in their rates.
Marco Polo was super expensive and season 2 was lack luster. The Hundred Eyes origin story one-shot was better than S2.

I really got into Marco Polo and then they cancelled it like a week after I had just finished season 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I really got into Marco Polo and then they cancelled it like a week after I had just finished season 2.

I really liked S1. S2 was just OK. I would have been in for an S3. But that wouldnt have happened anyway after Weinstein Co imploded.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Netflix and Amazon series are worth the subscriptions alone but Marco Polo was the worst by far. They somehow managed to turn one of the most fascinating periods full of political intrigue into the dullest show imaginable.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I really like the first book in this series. The other 2, less so, but they're still not bad.

The look of that trailer seems a bit too clean somehow, too antiseptic; at least compared to how I pictured the world the author was describing. Altered Carbon the book is more Noir detective genre, much less cyberpunk. For instance it's got the old noir/detective classic trope of "whenever the hero goes anywhere to investigate something, he's immediately accosted by random thugs who try to kill him, even though he doesn't know them or why they want him dead." I swear it happens every time Kovacs goes ANYWHERE, and it's almost lulzy how often it happens.

There's some great concepts to work with here though, lots of potential to make this into a great sci-fi series. I wouldn't even be that mad if they strayed from the book's plot a little, as long as they kept the main concepts of the setting intact. There's few books that I really like where I would say that, but I think this is one of those cases where the characters and the setting and concepts are so much more interesting than the plot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, I read the Kovach books, and they are some of my favorites ever. I realize they might not be the best 'writing' ever, but I love the hardcore sci fi, high technology, cyberpunk style.. and these were the best I'd read since Neuromancer (my favorite) to scratch that itch. Other 'cyberpunk' genre stuff isn't always set in a far future with advanced tech. Like, tech that is almost magic with how advanced it is.

Are any of the other ones he wrote in the same universe as the kovach books by chance? Or, as similarly advanced technologically, just different?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity