Altered Carbon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 7 Votes
Title: Altered Carbon

Genre: Crime, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-02-02

Creator: Laeta Kalogridis

Cast: Joel Kinnaman, Renée Elise Goldsberry, James Purefoy, Martha Higareda, Dichen Lachman, Leonardo Nam, Chris Conner, Ato Essandoh, Marlene Forte, Trieu Tran, Kristin Lehman

Overview: After 250 years on ice, a prisoner returns to life in a new body with one chance to win his freedom: by solving a mind-bending murder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
pZg2NUDPJA54AmDs1Y1ZLizBrpd.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Altered Carbon[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-10-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Altered Carbon is a Netflix original show set in a future where consciousness is digitized and stored in cortical stacks implanted in the spine, allowing humans to survive physical death by having their memories and consciousness "re-sleeved" into new bodies. The story follows specially trained "Envoy" soldier Takeshi Kovacs, who is downloaded from an off-world prison and into the body of a disgraced cop at the behest of Laurens Bancroft, a highly influential aristocrat. Bancroft was killed, and the last automatic backup of his stack was made hours before his death, leaving him with no memory of who killed him and why. While police ruled it a suicide, Bancroft is convinced he was murdered and wants Kovacs to find out the truth.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Looks like netflix has ordered 10 episodes of Rickard K Morgan's Altered Carbon.News and Blog Posts

I wonder if it has anything to do with how the expanse is doing.

Sounds like they are keeping him involved so hopefully they do it right.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Insanely exited, would be more excited if autocorrect didn't fuck up the thread title. How they handle their stars and body switching will be interesting.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This should be a really cool series, I remember trying to talk my wife through the basics of the sleeving system and its implications and having fun with it. Should be quite interesting depending on what they do with it.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Series Directed by
Miguel Sapochnik

Game of Thrones (TV Series) (4 episodes)
- The Winds of Winter (2016)
- Battle of the Bastards (2016)
- Hardhome (2015)
- The Gift (2015)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
wow, this show scored a huge get - Miguel Sapochnik has directed literally every single amazing episode of GoT, including this week and last weeks

My understanding though is that Miguel is only directing the FIRST episode of AC, he is not the showrunner or director of every episode

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
God damn. I love the Kovaks books and snagging the best GOT director for them has got me really excited.

I've tried to explain why the books are awesome to a lot of people, but as soon as I start talking about sleeving into androids most people give me weird looks.

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
I was so excited for this but after following the casting news it just sounds like the are fucking with it too much.

-Reileen Kawahara is Kovacs elder sister
-Quellcrist Falconer is Kovacs one true love

FFS I hate you Hollywood sometimes

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Altered Carbon (and Broken Angels; Woken Furies a bit less so) is one of my favorite books, but I still haven't been able to wrap my head around the idea that Joel Kinnaman will be playing Kovacs.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I said it in the WW thread but HBO vs Netflix is the best thing that ever happened to the plebs. My god it's beautiful.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Altered Carbon (and Broken Angels; Woken Furies a bit less so) is one of my favorite books, but I still haven't been able to wrap my head around the idea that Joel Kinnaman will be playing Kovacs.

It's a shame they aren't bold enough to follow the book closely to the point where it'd mean few characters are played by a single, permanent actor due to changing sleeves.

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
I always thought it of in terms that Kinniman would be playing Ryker... whose voice would be internal would be the only permanent part of Kovacs... but whose voice?

And having Quell as "his one true love" will ruin (stream-line) the dynamic for Woken Furies if they get that far.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I remember when Morgan sold the movie rights to book one and could write full time. I have been waiting forever for an adaptation. This better be awesome, I wouldn't mind seeing Market Forces made into a movie as well.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database