amanda berry found..more importantly, awesome black man in cleveland.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
See, my thoughts are that death is not the worst thing that could happen. With that much abuse, don't you think they'd almost pray for death? But, the systeem thinkks death is the worst punishment, and it seems crazy that the only way they would consider it is if he caused a miscarriage? I find that fucking awful.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The death penalty is only given out for murder, for the tenth time. That's the law.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Death is the most severe penalty because it's final. There are very strict limits on when the state is permitted to end a life, and with very good reason. A man who is exonerated after serving 20 years of a life sentence may still have a fair amount of his life left to live. A man who is exonerated posthumously after an unjust execution is still dead.

It's not that they would only consider it if he caused a miscarriage, it's that none of his offenses are capital crimes unless you can twist the forced miscarriages into a murder charge.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm aware of the law and yea, I agree gavin. I'm not a fan of the death penalty for various reasons, and things like an innocent man getting it is one of them.

It just seems..horrendous, as to the things people can do to others that I would probably rate as bad as, or worse than murder, and we do not hold it to the same punishments.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ohio state law is pretty clear on this. Unlawful termination of another's pregnancy is aggravated murder:http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903. Aggravated murder is punishable by death:http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2929.02.

Not sure what the confusion is.
The confusion is that you are the first person to actually cite Ohio law saying that, prior to that we had nothing to go on but a quote of a DA saying he would try to charge him with murder or some such.

I'm pretty sure it's given out for treason too.
Treason or Espionage can both be capital crimes, but the time a civilian was actually executed for it was 1953.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The confusion is that you are the first person to actually cite Ohio law saying that, prior to that we had nothing to go on but a quote of a DA saying he would try to charge him with murder or some such.
Almost every news station has stated Ohio law allows the death penalty for what he's done... Anyone paying attention to this story should have known this.

I hope he does get the death penalty and then gets to rot away in jail for years knowing he'll never be a free man again. The fact this person stole 10 years of life from 3 other's and used them as sex slaves, worse crimes have certainly been committed but for some reason this story has just affected me more than most.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I also thought it was common knowledge that Ohio allowed the death penalty for this. I would imagine when someone is given the death sentence it makes the 10-20 years a lot worse. We all realize we're going to die someday, but knowing that you're going to be killed and when has to cause a lot of stress and panic that gets worse and worse as the date gets closer.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
The death penalty is worse in most states even if they never kill you. Since they put you on lock down 23 hours a day with few privileges.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The state shouldn't ever have the power to kill it's citizens.
Sorry, but not every life is beautiful and sacred. Some people are animals and should be put down just the same. It doesn't make you a better person to believe the Ted Bundy's of the world should live in safety, only naive

Show me the agent of the state that kidnapped, imprisoned, raped, and beat 3 young women and murdered 5 unborn children for 10 years and my answer would be the same.
What about agents of the state that forcibly remove people from their homes and imprison people for doing things that hurt no one (or no one but themselves)?