Amazing Spider-Man 2

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was actually a huge Spider-man comic fan when I was young, so i know the source material well. I know why they did it, but felt they handled it poorly in the movie.
Also as for your review I disagree completely with your Con #1.
The main villain isn't Electro, it's Oscorp. Spidey, Lizard, Electro, Green Goblin and future villains (maybe another hero) are pretty much set to get their powers from Oscorp.

Con #2a I do agree with
Would much rather they had Max possibly go insane or just be pissed at how he was treated by everyone before hand and wants revenge. Also really didn't think we needed a token black Electro here and wasn't happy about Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon.

2b I disagree with, it's the continuation of the story. The next movie isn't going to be Spidey vs. GG, it's Spidey vs. S6 and that's what they are setting up.

Con 2c, in the comics Rhino is a hired thug who is given his suit but by the Russians. Except for the Russian bit, it's pretty much the same as the comic except his suit is a polymer that binds to him in the comic and in the movie it's mechanical.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Too bad we never got to see Electro vs. Bully supervisor in all of these side plots. Cause that's like the only real conflict they set up and yet completely forgot about.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a huge Spidey fan too and I thought it was fine and done well. Have been collecting Amazing since 77'.
You also thought hipster douchebag skaterboy Parker in the first movie was a great portrayal of this character you claim to love...I have no idea how to take your opinions on anything Spidey related at this point. I mean besides as the ramblings of a lunatic.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You also thought hipster douchebag skaterboy Parker in the first movie was a great portrayal of this character you claim to love...I have no idea how to take your opinions on anything Spidey related at this point. I mean besides as the ramblings of a lunatic.
Or he could take it too serious and seem like he has personal issues.... People who like Tobey are already clearly a bit out of place with reality so it is what it is.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure why you are bringing up Maguire. The fact he makes you feel uncomfortable in your tight capri pants has nothing to do with people being horribly wrong about ASM1 Peter.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Too bad we never got to see Electro vs. Bully supervisor in all of these side plots. Cause that's like the only real conflict they set up and yet completely forgot about.
You mean Allister Smythe? The creator of the Spider-Slayers. I don't think they were going to have him killed off for a reason. BJ Novak wasn't cast as a goof in that role....

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why you are bringing up Maguire. The fact he makes you feel uncomfortable in your tight capri pants has nothing to do with people being horribly wrong about ASM1 Peter.
Lol you bringing up men in capri pants goes far beyond pondering your sexual preferences.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The death of Gwen was perfect, I was actually afraid they were going to cop out by having her go to England and I'm really glad they didn't. It needs to be there, he needs tragedy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watched amazing spiderman with the iksar monk. how does spiderman 2 compare with that glowie looking thing?

Beef

The story was bad and ham-fisted, Electro was bad, Rhino is a close second to Wade Wilson in origins on worse use of a comic character ever put on film. Garfield was better than the first movie, I liked Harry well enough. Spidey in costume was good, I think the clock scene was well done. Better than SM3 but it's the worst comic movie since the first reboot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The story was bad and ham-fisted, Electro was bad, Rhino is a close second to Wade Wilson in origins on worse use of a comic character ever put on film. Garfield was better than the first movie, I liked Harry well enough. Spidey in costume was good, I think the clock scene was well done. Better than SM3 but it's the worst comic movie since the first reboot.
did you say this was better than spiderman 3? jesus christ, this was worse than the first amazing spiderman film. this was closer to schumacher's Batman and Robin, and it even had a Mr Freeze looking character as well. i will say one thing, i did like the acting between peter and harry. too bad it was in the center of this monumentally bad campy ass film.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
did you say this was better than spiderman 3? jesus christ, this was worse than the first amazing spiderman film. this was closer to schumacher's Batman and Robin, and it even had a Mr Freeze looking character as well. i will say one thing, i did like the acting between peter and harry. too bad it was in the center of this monumentally bad campy ass film.
If youre saying this was worse than SM3 you need to remove yourself from using our oxygen. ASM2 had some bad spots,...alot of them actually but nothing but the first HULK movie is as bad as SM3.

Never go full retard.

Blackyce

If youre saying this was worse than SM3 you need to remove yourself from using our oxygen. ASM2 had some bad spots,...alot of them actually but nothing but the first HULK movie is as bad as SM3.

Never go full retard.
It's all ready to late for him.

Blackyce

So tell me Beef, who was the original Rhino and how was the Rhino created?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Pretty sure he was some retard (like Forrest Gump level stupid) that was already pretty strong but then was either given a suit that made him super strong and it bonded to his skin or he was experimented on. Might be a combination of both.