Andor

Burns

Generally things improve over episodes not get worse.
Unless you work for HBO.
Wasn't Kenobi bait and switched, where it started as being his show and ended up being the Reva and Leya show?

The most egregious reports were on the Kevin Smith He-man remake, where they kill him off mid season or some shit.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch either though, just read the threads on here.

Oldbased

> Than U
Wasn't Kenobi bait and switched, where it started as being his show and ended up being the Reva and Leya show?

The most egregious reports were on the Kevin Smith He-man remake, where they kill him off mid season or some shit.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch either though, just read the threads on here.
I watched Kenobi but I don't remember a single scene from it lol.
Didn't watch the other.

Cybsled

Not really. Maybe like half an episode, then Leia gets kidnapped by cartoony villains and it goes downhill

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I can see now why they waited to do a three episode premiere as it gives a self-contained nice intro to Cassian. Now he can go forth and be taught proper spycraft by Skarsgard

spronk

FPS noob
Really enjoyed it, went in with low expectations - I didn't give a SINGLE FUCK about Cassian Andor - but it was great. Mostly gritty and grimy and dirty sets (that feel "real") but some absolutely amazing shots like the speeder going over the fields in episode 3, just gorgeous.

The show uses no volume, only full practical sets

Bix is drop dead gorgeous, actress was in Morbius I think and apparently from Puerto Rico, nice. Have a feeling we're gonna see a lot more of her in the next decade

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

She looked super familiar when I was watching. Looked her up and realized she played the nerdy witch in Good Omens

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
First two episodes were pretty meh. Third episode finally had something happen, which was nice. It's weird I think everyone's a dick in the show except Sergeant Mosk.

Bix is unbelievably hot. I was expecting some better-than-average woman when they showed her decoupling whatever that was and then she took her welding mask off and I was like okay Disney, I know you'd go hot, but you almost went distractingly too hot.

• 1Seriously?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
"Stop! You look scared girl, not running home are we..." Meanwhile 20 other people around them are also running away scared.... :rolleyes:
Series seems fine so far, slow burning, gritty. I just sometimes get a little baffled at some of jarring the stuff they show in star wars. Like the guy pounding the hammers on the giant anvil for shift over, you see flying ships, electronic junk everywhere, but apparently they don't know about using air sirens, or even a simple clocktower type bell which probably would have used less metal than that anvil. I get they want to make settlements not look as advanced, but we had clocktowers even before vehicles.
The flashbacks seem a bit pointless. Starts out he's looking for his sister, which she is shown minimally in those flashbacks, then they show him fawning over the older girl of the group, gets mad when she gets hurt/died and goes to beat up the ship........ ok.... They could have done a better set up on those scenes. Series will probably end up being better than Boba fett anyways so worth a watch at least so far.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watched all 3 eps.

Just glad to be away from the predictable Disney-isms that plagued the other Star Wars productions.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I only had time to watch the first one, but I love the aesthetic. I hope they spend more time on the Blade Runner planet. The writing and direction seem solid but it's too early to really render judgement. So far it seems like they came up with a plotline that could stand on its own and then simply copy / pasted it into a Star Wars setting. I like that approach, hopefully it pays off.

If anything, it actually seems almost too "adult", like if Darth Vader had showed up at the end of episode 1 it would have come off as a bit silly rather than menacing. It'll be interesting to see if they manage to balance that out properly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This looks interesting, we might give it a watch.

Personally I'm much more interested in them fleshing out the "Mandoverse", which I consider canon star wars and kinda hope they diverge from episodes 7/8/9. So a TV series that has the same type of background, characters as whatever this is would be more exciting in the Mandoverse.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
That's a high bar to clear.
TBH it's already surpassed Boba, just keeping my expectations really low for the rest of the episodes, high possibility of them throwing in some stupid shit to ruin it same way they did with Boba and Obi.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its not hard to be effusive about the show since the first 3 episodes are so good but still 9 more episodes to season 1, then 12 more for season 2 (the show is 2 seasons ONLY). but damn the writing is so good.

for example the first few mins, Cassian is confronted by 2 guards who try to shake him down, he kills one and now is facing the other. Bad writing would have the guard make stupid threats, "you are dead meat we're gonna find you and make your family suffer!" which has been in pretty much every recent Star Wars show/movie. Mediocre writing would have the guard make a bribe to let him go.

Gilroy is on another level though, the guard just starts offering solutions that seem reasonable, as viewers we instantly know the guard realizes the only play Cassian has is to kill him since he has seen his face so he is talking hard and fast to give Cassian another out. So good, so much left unsaid.

every spy show needs a good handler, whether its Al Swearengen in John Wick or Judi Dench in Bond and they fucking nailed it here with Luthen (Skarsgard), that scene between the two of them had so much unsaid about Luthen recognizing a broken weapon that he can manipulate and use. Cassian is also so fucked up, every single "friend" of his starts their conversation with basically "oh jesus christ its you, well what fucked up thing did you do and what do you need now?" You can feel how the writing was pared down to bare necessity, unlike Obi Wan or Boba.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I had a pretty good feeling about this show and where it was going when Andor just shot that dude in the face.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah its not hard to be effusive about the show since the first 3 episodes are so good but still 9 more episodes to season 1, then 12 more for season 2 (the show is 2 seasons ONLY). but damn the writing is so good.

for example the first few mins, Cassian is confronted by 2 guards who try to shake him down, he kills one and now is facing the other. Bad writing would have the guard make stupid threats, "you are dead meat we're gonna find you and make your family suffer!" which has been in pretty much every recent Star Wars show/movie. Mediocre writing would have the guard make a bribe to let him go.

The Disney-isms I was referring to.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is great! It feels more like Blade Runner 2049 than recent Star Wars, which is just fine with me. Rogue One just keeps aging like a fine wine. It is already about a million times better than Book of Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, and the disastrous new trilogy.

The music during the credits of episode 2 was fuckin fire. The second song that came on after about a minute.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well then,

This might be better than the Mandalorian.

Why can they not do right with the original cast(Save for Mandalorian Luke) but then almost hit out of the park with side stories(OK maybe not Boba fett)? I cannot imagine how insane this world would have been if all of the stories could have been acted, directed and told this well. It does start a bit slow, and one could make an argument that we could have watched the same story with 2 episodes. That being said, it was not awful to have watched it in 3 episodes and added dimension to the characters. 2049 is an interesting comparison but in world only. There is no rights for non-humans, being fought over yet. I love how gritty the world is. It feels realistic to the universe. There are no super badass weapons or people. Its just a story amongst normal people in a futuristic setting that has aliens. The character actually annoyed me in Rogue One but this managed to turn my opinion around, which is a great sign of a good story.

Actually looking forward to episode 4.