Andor

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I actually like the corporate police stuff. Its nice to see the low level workings of the Empire without the usual galactic scale stories.

Anything that gets away from the tropes. SW tropes are fine when done properly, but more often than not they've held the EU back a bit. Even George's lame sequel universe plans were going to be more palatable than what we got.

Andor will always get a wide berth from me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The pacing for the first three episodes were fine because you could watch all three. All episode four did was tell me not to watch anymore till I can watch the rest at once.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The pacing for the first three episodes were fine because you could watch all three. All episode four did was tell me not to watch anymore till I can watch the rest at once.
Almost agree, I think the story overall will be good but much better in Chunks, like they did with Arcane.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m enjoying this despite the slow pace, but I have to agree that it’s probably going to better watching a few episode at a time since they seem to be taking an episode or two to set things up and then have an episode that pays off. The production value are really amazing.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I was enjoying episode 4 until its first commercial break was literally a week long.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Wait, how do you have ads on Disney+?

Episode was a bit slow for me, but still good. As said the production value is good. As it should be.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah shits getting interesting and then bam wait till next week. I wanted it to keep going.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
No, it ended at a jarring point. Where a typical show would have established the dangerous objective of the week, taken a few minutes to plan it, rallied the troops, and then taken a commercial break, this show did that and then...stopped.

I like a good, savory slow burn as much as anyone, but this should have been released via a full season drop, or at least have continued with 3 per week.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
all the episodes kinda end abruptly except Ep3, I think they basically a bunch of 1.5 hour movies split into 12 episodes. Would prob have been better as a 4 part Mini Series.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No, it ended at a jarring point. Where a typical show would have established the dangerous objective of the week, taken a few minutes to plan it, rallied the troops, and then taken a commercial break, this show did that and then...stopped.

I like a good, savory slow burn as much as anyone, but this should have been released via a full season drop, or at least have continued with 3 per week.

Rings of Power stocks rising?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I love the subtle references and Easter eggs like the kyber skystone that '"celebrates the uprising against those Rakatan invaders". There's a lot of the EU, especially the gaming EU that is getting canonized in this show.

Also interesting that people like Cassian generally know that the "Phantom Menace" of the Clone Wars was bullshit. They may not know the detail of Palpatine being literally behind the Separatist movement, but they acknowledge the damage the Civil War did in terms of allowing the Empire to sweep in.

(Plus it's cool that they are keeping Cassians service in the Clone Wars on the Separatist side)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Rings of Power stocks rising?
RoP has more (and deeper) problems than this does.

I'm sure Andor will be fantastic once the entire season's uploaded and it can be binged straight through, at which time this complaint will be irrelevant, but for now the rollercoaster feels like it's going to keep breaking down mid-ride.

spronk

FPS noob
i really, really liked episode 4 but yeah, i think for 90% of people just waiting until all 12 episodes drop and binging through will be far more rewarding than week to week. At the end of the episode I felt blue balled and wanted more immediately.

Seeing Coruscant for the first time since... Revenge of the Sith (ignoring animated) was fucking awesome. I love how everyone is competent and clearly demonstrate their self-interest. There is some shit going on in the ISB; you can feel the head guy scheming to bring in a more ruthless, competent staff but he never has some stupid grand speech, just tells the new chick to do better. I'm guessing from his speech to the entire staff he was previously a doctor or something.

Spy shit was off the charts, luthen transforming into a gay art dealer... goddamn! Bets on the person Mon Mothma wants to bring in being Bail Organa? Or someone else? I don't think the rebel vs rebel fight Cassian mentioned was Phantom Menace related though, he said he fought when he was 16 which would be what, 6-10 years earlier which is years after ROTS and the Empire takes over? Or do I have my timelines fucked up?

Its definitely a show I can see a lot of people not liking at all due to pacing and not really much happening, but anyone who played with Star Wars toys as a kid and just wants to see the world unfold in new ways and places (NO MORE JEDI NO MORE TATOOINE), this is fucking fantastic. Also has me concerned that ratings are not gonna be good but its already greenlit for season 2, will begin filming in 2 months, and the show ends in the second season (literally hands right off to Rogue One start).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
slight nitpick, in Kenobi the flashback of Obi and Anakin sparring was on Coruscant :p

But that flashback took place before Revenge of the Sith, so what he said was true... from a certain point of view.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
thats cool they had a bunch of easter eggs in episode 4 including starkiller's armor from the game Star Wars Force Unleashed

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users