Andor

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well then,

This might be better than the Mandalorian.

Why can they not do right with the original cast(Save for Mandalorian Luke) but then almost hit out of the park with side stories(OK maybe not Boba fett)? I cannot imagine how insane this world would have been if all of the stories could have been acted, directed and told this well. It does start a bit slow, and one could make an argument that we could have watched the same story with 2 episodes. That being said, it was not awful to have watched it in 3 episodes and added dimension to the characters. 2049 is an interesting comparison but in world only. There is no rights for non-humans, being fought over yet. I love how gritty the world is. It feels realistic to the universe. There are no super badass weapons or people. Its just a story amongst normal people in a futuristic setting that has aliens. The character actually annoyed me in Rogue One but this managed to turn my opinion around, which is a great sign of a good story.

Actually looking forward to episode 4.
Pump the brakes.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This show is so fucking boring. It might be good, but its not Star Wars. Even shitty Starwars is generally never boring. Two episodes of nothing happening outside of the alley murder (which gave me hope for a darker take on SW) and I could not fucking stay awake. I am tapping out on this and might revisit it if you guys say it picks up. I don't mind slow boil, but for fucks sakes this is Star Wars. SOMETHING should be happening. The thick as hell accents in the show are probably not helping either, because a lot of the subtext gets lost.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I'm seconding the above take. I was looking forward to a more gritty serious version of Star Wars but not only does this not feel like Star Wars but I too had to fight off the sleepy monster repeatedly. They need to find a happier middle ground.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Did you guys not watch the third one? It's certainly not boring.

The second episode could have easily been 20 minutes shorter and merged with the first.

Beyond that, I'm absolutely enjoying the vibe. We've gotten a mountain of stuff that looks, sounds, and feels like Star Wars over the past 20+ years, and most of it sucks. This is refreshing. The editing and pacing isn't great but so far it's been well written, directed, and acted.

My prior concern remains, though. The tone is not conducive to the more lighthearted and fantastical elements of Star Wars. I don't know how they're going to effectively make that transition. If Darth Vader popped up leading a Baltimore drug ring in The Wire, it would be laughably bad, and that's kind how it feels like the Empire as we know it would play out here. Rogue One struck that balance well, but so far this show has gone way deeper into the srz bznz side of the spectrum.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
For a tv show that leads into Rogue One the pacing and feel of this show isn't even right for the lead into Rogue One. Rogue One feels like Star Wars where this does not. They feel completely different. Boba Fatt was complete trash. Yes this is well written, directed, acted....yet at the same time boring, and way slower then it needs to be. Like I said something in between this and your usual Star Wars stuff and you might find the right mix.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Garbage

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So finished all 3 episodes, this is a well made show. Everything is week done, great locations, sets, etc…well written and well acted, by far the best made Disney+ Star Wars tv show.

That said, it’s definitely slow which I don’t mind when setting stuff up, hopefully they are mostly done with that with how episode 3 ended. I hope the rest moves more like the 3rd episode which I think was much better paced than the first 2.

I’m looking forward to seeing more, I think they have an interesting story to tell with Cassian joining the rebellion.

I hope we get to see more of the girl because she’s damn gorgeous.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
1st episode. Booooring
2nd episode. Boooooooooring.
3rd episode. BooooorTHAT'SWHATI'MTALKINGABOUT!

I can say the slow burn was worth it.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im digging this show. I dont mind the pacing at all. Shocking that when they dont fuck with the legacy characters, they put out a good product.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Empire stuff should start trickling in now as we move past the first level of the bureaucracy. As i mentioned in my last post every three eps of this season are a somewhat contained mini arc, so i expect the stakes will rise quickly as we move along. In the latest Rolling Stone interview with Tony Gilroy he basically says they designed this to be a continual escalation for the whole season.
Also, after a few rewatches i am doubling down on B2-EMO's personality/memory chip becoming the one that Andor uses to reprogram K2 next season. Way too many lines he said sound almost exactly like K saying it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is it possible that they released the first 3 episodes at once because they knew the first 2 were boring? would everyone here be just as excited if they only put out the first episode and made you wait 2 weeks for something to happen?

• 1Tiresome

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched these at the weekend.

Utter snoozefest.

Also, why the fuck am I supposed to care about the feels of some shitheel planetary security team?

Just bring on the Imps already and give me moar pewpewboom!

• 1Garbage

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I actually really enjoy this show. Feels almost as good as mando s1. The relatively low stakes of it all in terms of the galaxy was actually a plus to me. Some random shithole security team vs some work-class drunken part time thieves was perfectly fine for me.

It's not the best thing I've ever watched, but solidly in the worth it territory.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Watched these at the weekend.

Utter snoozefest.

Also, why the fuck am I supposed to care about the feels of some shitheel planetary security team?

Just bring on the Imps already and give me moar pewpewboom!

It's the build up to the Empire coming to the scene. That shit will feel like the devil himself landed if we see a ANYTHING resembling a Sith/lightsaber.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I actually like the corporate police stuff. Its nice to see the low level workings of the Empire without the usual galactic scale stories.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the corpos were great, i loved the older boss whose seen all this shit, knows the only reason his stupid shitty job exists is cuz its cheaper for the Empire not to deal with bullshit and outsource it all to SpaceChina, and then the young faggot comes around when his boss is out and decides to figure out the truth and fucks EVERYTHING up.

CorpoBoss is gonna be super pissed, "YOU LOST 30 MEN, DOZENS OF PEOPLE ARE SUING US IN SPACE COURT, AND WORKERS ARE TALKING ABOUT STRIKING!!! IF THE EMPIRE HEARS ABOUT THIS THEY WILL HAND OVER OUR CONTRACT TO SCHLOMO SPACE INDUSTRIES, THOSE FUCKING SPACE JEWS ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO STEAL OUR BUSINESS YOU GODDAMN RETARD"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
yeah the corpos were great, i loved the older boss whose seen all this shit, knows the only reason his stupid shitty job exists is cuz its cheaper for the Empire not to deal with bullshit and outsource it all to SpaceChina, and then the young faggot comes around when his boss is out and decides to figure out the truth and fucks EVERYTHING up.

CorpoBoss is gonna be super pissed, "YOU LOST 30 MEN, DOZENS OF PEOPLE ARE SUING US IN SPACE COURT, AND WORKERS ARE TALKING ABOUT STRIKING!!! IF THE EMPIRE HEARS ABOUT THIS THEY WILL HAND OVER OUR CONTRACT TO SCHLOMO SPACE INDUSTRIES, THOSE FUCKING SPACE JEWS ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO STEAL OUR BUSINESS YOU GODDAMN RETARD"
I bet the other leader who supported him hard backstabs the shit out of him and all the soldiers go with it cause they like him, and creepy autism officer actually becomes a hero after the system fucks him in the dickhole... or I guess at least join's andor's team.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bet the other leader who supported him hard backstabs the shit out of him and all the soldiers go with it cause they like him, and creepy autism officer actually becomes a hero after the system fucks him in the dickhole... or I guess at least join's andor's team.
He’ll be killed by the Imps to reinforce how nasty they are.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
He’ll be killed by the Imps to reinforce how nasty they are.
You're probably more close to right, cause he is an expendable white male. Our gentleman's bet to see if this show is woke as the rest of star wars is on.