Andor

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Right but “wokeness” never entered into it. Stop seeing it everywhere just to feel offended.
Offended? I am literally laughing at it. Stop projecting.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
It was fascinating to have this sense of dread over so much of the episode without really knowing why exactly. I knew the old man was fucked up but I thought maybe the Empire was poisoning him or something, but of course a stroke makes perfect sense. The whole level 2 stuff was obvious something fucked up happened, but the final reason is just so... casually bureaucratic and sloppy it encapsulates the Empire perfectly.

I can't wrap my head around Syril's character at all, he has gone full on massive incel at this point. I don't even understand what he is thinking in his head, "this chick who saw something great in me is my Queen, and she will want to join with me in ... ????" I guess he really did get promoted? I have zero clue what his goals or thoughts are, but I do know he is going to FUCK things up badly for the Empire lol

Andy Serkis killing it in the show, can't wait to see what he does next but i'm fairly certain he and Vel will not be alive at the end of season 1 :(

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Andy Serkis killing it in the show, can't wait to see what he does next but i'm fairly certain he and Vel will not be alive at the end of season 1 :(

I knew the episode was close to over, but when he said his last line, i could not have gone from LETS FUCKIN GO to GOD DAMMIT WHY IS IT OVER NOW faster.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the last 6 instead of 3 is one story?
I thought 8 was the weakest episode but after 9, 8 makes more sense.
It's:
Arc 1 - Episode 1, 2, & 3
Arc 2 - Episode 4, 5, & 6
Intermission - Episode 7: It really ties the room together
Arc 3 - Episode 8, 9, & 10
Arc 4 - Episode 11 & 12

Oldbased

> Than U
It's:
Arc 1 - Episode 1, 2, & 3
Arc 2 - Episode 4, 5, & 6
Intermission - Episode 7: It really ties the room together
Arc 3 - Episode 8, 9, & 10
Arc 4 - Episode 11 & 12
7 went straight into 8 and 9 appears it'll go straight into 10. Seems more like 1-3 4-6 7-12 as there was certainly a jump from 5 to 6 where he is now chilling with a GF.

Burns

7 went straight into 8 and 9 appears it'll go straight into 10. Seems more like 1-3 4-6 7-12 as there was certainly a jump from 5 to 6 where he is now chilling with a GF.
I thought there was something from one of the writers/producers/directors, earlier in the thread, laying out those arcs.

Episode 4, 5, & 6 was the heist, there was no chilling with the GF/who-har. Episode 7 was more of an epilogue for the heist with it's aftermath and a segue getting Andor into position for the next arc, which is the prison break.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This show is just amazing. Disney+ is worth it for me now. I haven't looked forward to a show in YEARS!

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love this show.

The slow pacing is not a mistake, it’s intended. They want to slowly setup the characters and the stakes so that you care about what happens and the payoff. It has worked so far. And it’s working again, I cannot wait about what’s coming.

It helps that writing and acting is top notch.

This a isn’t just a good Star Wars tv show, it a good tv show period.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This show is just amazing. Disney+ is worth it for me now. I haven't looked forward to a show in YEARS!
The show really is great but fuck Disney. Pirate that shit!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I love this show.

The slow pacing is not a mistake, it’s intended. They want to slowly setup the characters and the stakes so that you care about what happens and the payoff. It has worked so far. And it’s working again, I cannot wait about what’s coming.

yeah at some point slow became synonymous with "bad", but this show definitely shows how "Methodical" does not equal "Bad" or "Boring". Most every conversation and interaction is compelling and feeds a just big enough morsel to leave you on the edge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Everything about the prison... my god. Andy Serkis is hammering it out of the park as Kino. I was thinking "with only 12 episodes It amazing that they are spending all these episodes on this Prison..." and then I realized that we only just got to the prison during Episode 8 last week. I don't know what sort of voodoo Gilroy is employing to make me completely invested in characters after one fucking week, but everyone needs to support that man in his endeavors.

Now on the subject of Syril Karn. Everything with him and his mother, a woman who is a true bitch and yet never stretches credulity. There is a certain logic to her and its easy to fall into her point of view which makes her, somehow, even more horrific. Stalking Dedra and being a total creep in what he sees as a full-fledged redemption arc. Complete psychopath and yet chillingly relatable.

Then Mon Mothma standing alone. Caught in a loveless marriage, mother to a vapid daughter, trying her best to do what's right but is ultimately alone. Her speech in the Senate, in silence, with all the lights turning out from the podiums as people turned away from her words. The shot of her standing alone in the doorway after Val leaves. To rebel requires coordination but also near total isolation. Its setting up the eventual payoff when the Alliance to Restore the Republic actually gets to the point where its a coordinated gathering of forces and the sheer sense of joy and relief that will bring and how that sense of community will inspire them to fight hard to maintain and grow it. I'd like to see more explicit manifestations of the human-bias in the Empire and Mon using that to recruit more and more "alien" species to the cause.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm wondering whether Luthen falls in to a trap and ends up buying it by the series conclusion.

Also, there's a part of me that thinks Mon Mothma's driver is an Alliance plant to look after her rather than an Imperial one as we're all led to believe.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Damn I can't wait for the prison break. I don't want anyone to die but you know it's going to be a bunch. I wonder if Vader shows up and just wrecks everyone. I don't think it will happen since they seem to leave force users out of the show.

• 1Like

Burns

Damn I can't wait for the prison break. I don't want anyone to die but you know it's going to be a bunch. I wonder if Vader shows up and just wrecks everyone. I don't think it will happen since they seem to leave force users out of the show.
No way this one forced labor factory is important enough to involve anything over a company of Storm Troopers, let alone Vader or an Inquisitor.

That is another part of the show that I like. It feels like a small part of a huge empire and that "prison" is just one of thousands of forced labor camps/factories. The scene where they were divvying up of "criminals" to different ships, going to who knows where, after they are sentenced, really drives this home.

At most, we might get Tarkin jump in with some ships to drop troops on the slave riot in the factory, but I doubt they will want to pay for the CGI. They could also use this show to introduce Thrawn, at some point, as a small cameo, but that may need need special approval from the Filoni/Favreau team. It wouldn't surprise me if the F&F team and KK team don't get along (and this is the KK team?).

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I actually hope he doesn't. One of my favorite things about this show is that it is going new places for star wars content. I kinda like that a lot of this show makes Andor feel like he's just some cog in the wheel. We get the perspective of higher ups, but at the same time he doesn't get that perspective at all. I'd like for them to keep that barrier up between both worlds.

That said, this show is top shelf. Lot of good acting going on. If Disney stops being retarded and creepy and keeps putting out more content like this, they might make it off my no list.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I cant imagine Vader showing up in this show, the things at the moment appear way below his pay grade. Also, I think the timeline would be doing his stuff in Rebels, or still hunting straggling Jedi

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems pretty obvious Andor is going to escape the prison just as they figure out he is there and are coming from him.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
;ASLH;ahjsd;iopJAHUJ ;HJENKL;;
Seems pretty obvious Andor is going to escape the prison just as they figure out he is there and are coming from him.

Yeah, no doubt.

Just wondering how they actually will get the number of boots to get passed the red floors. Hey! These guys stole some boots! ZAP! Everyone down for the count.

spronk

FPS noob
cassian was messing with some pipes in the bathroom, he may be figuring out a way to knock out/kill all the guards with some sort of gas but maybe he has to get to a point through one level so knowing they would have to quietly take out 12 guards first to let them get knock em all out.

thats the cool thing about these kind of heist shows, cassian did a bunch of stuff this episode which doesn't seem to make much sense but I am 100% sure it'll come into play next episode when we see what he was working on. talking to the guy about the elevator, the toilet stuff he was doing, all the cross level talking, its building up to something.

one funny thing about Syril the incel, his mom means well but treats him like shit and you can tell he is seething and resentful of her, but he immediately embraces Daedra as "work mommy" telling her he believes in her cause and that she gave him the inspiration to keep living (wtf bro, no fucking woman wants to hear that stalker/killer vibe lol). That dude has some serious mommy issues.

be interesting to see social media hot takes on daedra by the end of the season, the ones around Alicent/Rhaenyra in HOTD were sometimes nuts

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users