Andor

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wait till the entire season is available to watch, couple more episodes left to air

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just skimmed this thread, is this worth watching? Last few pages make me think so.

Yes!

hulk-hogan-nodding.gif

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This show is fucking awesome if you can handle the exceptionally slow pace it has at times. I attribute that mostly to some poor choices between plot/world building scenes followed by the extended transition shots. I mean it's cool how grandiose and immersive the world's are, but I don't need the long pan shot down a corridor or a scan of the city skyline every time.

Where it truly excels is it's use of the slow pacing to build the suspense and excitement for the grand end of each arc and the season overall.
They've done a fuckin awesome job capturing the Empire in all it's glory too.

For anyone on the fence about watching this first season....

I Agree Star Wars GIF by Red Giant

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If you like slow burn sci fi, this is a masterpiece. And honestly, it should generally appeal to most people.

If you have turbo ADHD and can't look away from your phone for more than 2 minutes, you'll probably hate it.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you like slow burn sci fi, this is a masterpiece. And honestly, it should generally appeal to most people.

If you have turbo ADHD and can't look away from your phone for more than 2 minutes, you'll probably hate it.

Incorrect. The slow pace gives me plenty of time to do wordles.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And the music they used when we first see Niamos is like nothing heard before in Star Wars,

That whole sequence reminded me of when they use scenes from modern shows for a 90s tv trailer. The music was very out of place. I get they can't rely on JW forever but I find the music not star warsy at all

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That whole sequence reminded me of when they use scenes from modern shows for a 90s tv trailer. The music was very out of place. I get they can't rely on JW forever but I find the music not star warsy at all

It's definitely more dystopian which considering we're dealing with the underbelly heroes of the Alliance is more fitting than the heroic JW themes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
I get that, but I like that they're going all-in on a new direction.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The music feels very 80s synth to me and it kind of gives the show that whole nostalgic 80s feeling (at least for me) that only enhances the whole thing.

Synth might be the wrong term but it just feels 80s to me in some weird way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
It's very much in the vein of Blade Runner / Vangelis. I love it, and it fits perfectly with the tone.

It may seem rather pointless, but despite the fact that this is a slower-paced show with little in the way of big action set-pieces, watching it on a big screen with the surround-sound turned up LOUDLY is almost a must. The audio is surprisingly dynamic, with many nuances of the sound design and musical cues being critical to setting the mood.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It may seem rather pointless, but despite the fact that this is a slower-paced show with little in the way of big action set-pieces, watching it on a big screen with the surround-sound turned up LOUDLY is almost a must. The audio is surprisingly dynamic, with many nuances of the sound design and musical cues being critical to setting the mood.

Now that streaming platforms are using Atmos it makes a big difference. It also helps that I added a second set of ceiling speakers to make a 7.1.4 Atmos set up. Previously it was underwhelming but the extra set of ceiling speakers really helps the height channels

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Now that streaming platforms are using Atmos it makes a big difference. It also helps that I added a second set of ceiling speakers to make a 7.1.4 Atmos set up. Previously it was underwhelming but the extra set of ceiling speakers really helps the height channels
The show does sound great. I don't have ceiling speakers, but I do have a 9.2 setup 200w per channel setup and the audio in this is comparable to Tron 2 or Bladerunner 2049. The music choices remind me of the original Logans Run movie and a little bit of Blakes 7. Very retro sci-fi dystopia vibe.

I just the show moved faster than a Dragon Ball Z fight. More Luthern doing shit, more ISB lady backstory / Less space Jew loser dude, Mon Mothma Pussy Hurt would help a lot. It also feels a lot like Andor is a guest star in his own fucking show most of the time. Obi Wan had the same issue, but was of a far lesser quality overall (though stuff actually happened). It really feels to me like someone wanted to make a Mon Mothma and her Scissoring Niece show instead of focusing on Andor and the gritty rebellion shit that was actually interesting in the first arc. I reserve final judgement until the last two episodes, but as of now its a good show thats just too fucking slow.

RE- Rube Goldberg Jail, I know a lot of shit in SW makes little sense, but.... ignoring the reality that there is no world where Driods/automation would be inferior to slave labor in terms of efficiency and overhead, an electrified floor prison is retarded when remote zap collars will do the job far better and for far less energy / materials. I get that they probably did not want to rip off Running Man, but the setup of that prison was so impractical that busted me out of the realistic feel of the rest of this show.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The only think of is droids cost way more money then slave labor. I mean they get shit tier food and just let people die and replace them.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So I liked this episode, but given there is only 1 left in the season I am having a hard time seeing how they wrap up a lot of the threads in a good way. I Know S2 involves time jumps and didnt feel enough happened in Ep 11. Unless 12 is like 1.5 hours long, I just dont see how it wont feel rushed given everything.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The show does sound great. I don't have ceiling speakers, but I do have a 9.2 setup 200w per channel setup and the audio in this is comparable to Tron 2 or Bladerunner 2049. The music choices remind me of the original Logans Run movie and a little bit of Blakes 7. Very retro sci-fi dystopia vibe.

I just the show moved faster than a Dragon Ball Z fight. More Luthern doing shit, more ISB lady backstory / Less space Jew loser dude, Mon Mothma Pussy Hurt would help a lot. It also feels a lot like Andor is a guest star in his own fucking show most of the time. Obi Wan had the same issue, but was of a far lesser quality overall (though stuff actually happened). It really feels to me like someone wanted to make a Mon Mothma and her Scissoring Niece show instead of focusing on Andor and the gritty rebellion shit that was actually interesting in the first arc. I reserve final judgement until the last two episodes, but as of now its a good show thats just too fucking slow.

RE- Rube Goldberg Jail, I know a lot of shit in SW makes little sense, but.... ignoring the reality that there is no world where Driods/automation would be inferior to slave labor in terms of efficiency and overhead, an electrified floor prison is retarded when remote zap collars will do the job far better and for far less energy / materials. I get that they probably did not want to rip off Running Man, but the setup of that prison was so impractical that busted me out of the realistic feel of the rest of this show.
Prison is ridiculous sure, but so is all SW tech, like the imperials dont even have guard rails.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Prison is ridiculous sure, but so is all SW tech, like the imperials dont even have guard rails.
They definitely missed the chance to make empire seem even moreevil by introducing imp version of OSHA.

• 2Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah it was definitely jarring how the prison was the one place that guard rails seem to exist in the Empire.

Cybsled

So I liked this episode, but given there is only 1 left in the season I am having a hard time seeing how they wrap up a lot of the threads in a good way. I Know S2 involves time jumps and didnt feel enough happened in Ep 11. Unless 12 is like 1.5 hours long, I just dont see how it wont feel rushed given everything.

We know Andor lives, so I suspect they will create tension by dangling the fate of people like Bix in the finale. She looked pretty rough this episode after what we can assume are multiple torture sessions

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
We know Andor lives, so I suspect they will create tension by dangling the fate of people like Bix in the finale. She looked pretty rough this episode after what we can assume are multiple torture sessions
Yeah I guess given the nature of the time jumps, each 3 ep being 1 year leading into RO, I figured they would wrap most of S1 up and NOT leave us with a big cliffhanger/a ton of continuing storylines. I assumed it would end with Andor essentially fully joining Luthen, Bix Escaping, Maybe the rebels announcing or something.
Still need to wrap up Syril Arc, Deedra, Stuff with Saul (If hes back), Etc.