Andor

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I guess given the nature of the time jumps, each 3 ep being 1 year leading into RO, I figured they would wrap most of S1 up and NOT leave us with a big cliffhanger/a ton of continuing storylines. I assumed it would end with Andor essentially fully joining Luthen, Bix Escaping, Maybe the rebels announcing or something.
Still need to wrap up Syril Arc, Deedra, Stuff with Saul (If hes back), Etc.
The overall rebel timeline is already set in the rebels TV show, but there is still room to flesh out the characters we see in Andor.

For the various rebels and Mon Mothma: They are all independent cells until after Mon Mothma starts to directly denounce the empire/Palps and is forced into hiding. Her fleeing Coruscant is one of the uniting events for the Rebel Alliance and that directly leads to the internal disagreement with Saw Gerrera's "extremism."

There is no way Deadra is going anywhere as she is the main "bad guy" and Syril is her love interest stalker dude. For Saul, I assume you mean Saw Gerrera? He is in Rogue 1, so none of these characters should have been expected to be "wrapped up" already.

Season 1 is mostly "How Andor fully commit to the Rebel cause" (with a pinch of the leadership in the making) and season 2 will (probably) be how the rebel cause turns into the rebel alliance.

Last edited:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The overall rebel timeline is already set in the rebels TV show, but there is still room to flesh out the characters we see in Andor.

For the various rebels and Mon Mothma: They are all independent cells until after Mon Mothma starts to directly denounce the empire/Palps and is forced into hiding. Her fleeing Coruscant is one of the uniting events for the Rebel Alliance and that directly leads to the internal disagreement with Saw Gerrera's "extremism."

There is no way Deadra is going anywhere as she is the main "bad guy" and Syril is her love interest stalker dude. For Saul, I assume you mean Saw Gerrera? He is in Rogue 1, so none of these characters should have been expected to be "wrapped up" already.

Season 1 is mostly "How Andor fully commit to the Rebel cause" (with a pinch of the leadership in the making) and season 2 will (probably) be how the rebel cause turns into the rebel alliance.
Dude I know all the lore dont need to explain it to me, still need to wrap up all the plots before the timejumps tho, hope they can do it well.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The show does sound great. I don't have ceiling speakers, but I do have a 9.2 setup 200w per channel setup

You should move two speakers to the height channels if your avr supports atmos and your room has the space

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
There is a lot to wrap up next week, but the Saw/Luthen storyline isn't among them, that can be ongoing next season, in fact that one is somewhat already tied up. I'm confident they can pull this off but wouldn't surprise me if the episode is the longest one yet.
I watched it at drop last night and felt it was the first one that didn't exceed the impact of the previous one, and that may still be true, but on second watch, this episode kicked major ass just like the rest of them.
Luthen's ship, fucking A+ and immediately one of the coolest ships so far. Taking out a cruiser and a squad of ties with no problem, fucking awesome. Slave 1 and the Falcon still cooler.
B2EMO rocketing into a top tier spot as best droid ever. If a dog was a droid, that's B2. That droid breaks my heart every time he shows up. And I still say he's going to go into K2 becoming a thing which will make K2 dying even worse in Rogue One.
The Saw / Luthen dialogue just set the table for the entirety of season 2. Saw just got totally cut loose to start doing all the things that the rest of the Rebels couldn't stomach.
That shit is going to be bonkers.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
The show does sound great. I don't have ceiling speakers, but I do have a 9.2 setup 200w per channel setup and the audio in this is comparable to Tron 2 or Bladerunner 2049. The music choices remind me of the original Logans Run movie and a little bit of Blakes 7. Very retro sci-fi dystopia vibe.

I just the show moved faster than a Dragon Ball Z fight. More Luthern doing shit, more ISB lady backstory / Less space Jew loser dude, Mon Mothma Pussy Hurt would help a lot. It also feels a lot like Andor is a guest star in his own fucking show most of the time. Obi Wan had the same issue, but was of a far lesser quality overall (though stuff actually happened). It really feels to me like someone wanted to make a Mon Mothma and her Scissoring Niece show instead of focusing on Andor and the gritty rebellion shit that was actually interesting in the first arc. I reserve final judgement until the last two episodes, but as of now its a good show thats just too fucking slow.

RE- Rube Goldberg Jail, I know a lot of shit in SW makes little sense, but.... ignoring the reality that there is no world where Driods/automation would be inferior to slave labor in terms of efficiency and overhead, an electrified floor prison is retarded when remote zap collars will do the job far better and for far less energy / materials. I get that they probably did not want to rip off Running Man, but the setup of that prison was so impractical that busted me out of the realistic feel of the rest of this show.
The best way to enjoy the show is to simply not think of it as star wars, but as a dystopian space sci-fi show. It just happens to have some star wars stuff in it.

no space wizards or laser swords or mumbo jumbo…exactly as han solo described it before he met luke and obi-wan

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah it was definitely jarring how the prison was the one place that guard rails seem to exist in the Empire.
The prison was probably designed by humans. The death star was designed by Geonosians and they can fly, so rails serve no purpose for them.

• 3Like
  • 2Blown
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No. If you can't handle star wars at it's worst, you don't deserve it at it's best. Both of you fuck off.
I watched the first episode and it was a snoozefest. Pass

• 4Pathetic
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
The only think of is droids cost way more money then slave labor. I mean they get shit tier food and just let people die and replace them.
Didn't Cassian address that when he was talking to Andy Serkis about how nobody even cared enough to listen to them? I don't specifically remember, but I feel like it was mentioned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No. If you can't handle star wars at it's worst, you don't deserve it at it's best. Both of you fuck off.
Lol gate keeping star wars... do you read all the books and write fan fiction too? Please tell me why I can’t cherry pick the good stuff after the multiple disasters this past decade. 80% of star wars is trash.
6D07AF0E-3253-41F5-9873-9992C6150B4C.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
RE- Rube Goldberg Jail, I know a lot of shit in SW makes little sense, but.... ignoring the reality that there is no world where Driods/automation would be inferior to slave labor in terms of efficiency and overhead, an electrified floor prison is retarded when remote zap collars will do the job far better and for far less energy / materials. I get that they probably did not want to rip off Running Man, but the setup of that prison was so impractical that busted me out of the realistic feel of the rest of this show.
The collars would mean more individual attention to make sure they weren't being tampered with. They'd also have to worry about specific sizes for the different inmates. For a mass production facility, it almost seems easier to have one, centralized deterrent system. And conceptually for the show, it's more dehumanizing since there is very little individual interaction with the prisoners; they're just thrown into this automated machine. Like an automated slaughterhouse vs getting your hands dirty.

Unrelated: So stoked to see Benthic Two Tubes utilized again. Awesome character design and it would've been a shame to one-and-done for Rogue One. Surprised he doesn't have post ESB Boba Fett hype

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
We know Andor lives, so I suspect they will create tension by dangling the fate of people like Bix in the finale. She looked pretty rough this episode after what we can assume are multiple torture sessions

thats the really fucked up thing, I don't think they tortured Bix anymore. Whatever that device plus alien death sounds were, it seems like it stays in your head forever and she looks like someone whose brain has completely broken, she can't sleep or think anymore, just constantly hears the dying sounds of alien children 24x7. It was brilliant cross mixing the Chandrilian prayers Mon Mothma's kid was doing with the Bix scene since it made it sound kinda like that was what Bix was hearing.

The only "torture" they have to do to her now is tell her if she doesn't focus for a minute and tell them the truth, they will put her in the machine again. They know and she knows that there is no way she survives any of this, the second Cassian Andor is in custody she is no longer useful and dead, but she will also do anything to avoid another session in the machine.

Its really dark and fucked up.

Definitely the slowest episode of the season, if you haven't watched the show yet I'd just wait a few days and binge all 12 episodes next week when the finale drops.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's funny how the 70s tech of the originals forces modern SW to adhere to that aesthetic lol.

Although I don't remember the prequels being so visually jarring in terms of "analogue" control/display panels. Isn't there some kind of storyline explanation that the clone Wars slowed down or impacted technological progress

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's funny how the 70s tech of the originals forces modern SW to adhere to that aesthetic lol.

Although I don't remember the prequels being so visually jarring in terms of "analogue" control/display panels. Isn't there some kind of storyline explanation that the clone Wars slowed down or impacted technological progress
The Empire chewed up soo much resources and controlled all the manufacturing. The average person basically couldn't get ahold of new tech. Especially on the more backwater worlds. That along with the Empire supressing the populace so they couldn't fight back made them rely on older tech.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Star Wars universe in general is not nearly as computer-centric as our own, seemingly because of lack of need. They had more-or-less the same functional level of development for thousands of years. They could travel from planet to planet, they had mechanical servants to do menial tasks, they had magic goop to cure most any ailment and anything else they could just replace with bionics. On the whole they seemed to spend far more time with everyday shit without much of an eye to innovation.

On a separate subject I'm happy that Andor is borrowing heavily from all the old concept art from the OT.

1668708650921.png

for example. Originally an early design for the Star Destroyer in ANH later repurposed for the RPG etc. and given a new life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Cool, no one is at the book store slapping The Princess and the Scoundrel out your hand because you haven’t read The High Republic series yet. Get fucked.
Of course not. You said YET. That's not picking and choosing to shit on parts of SW, that's just reading shit out of order maybe. Try to hate the princess and the scoundrel then go to the bookstore to buy the thrawn books and I will show up to slap them out of your hands you piece of shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I watched the first episode and it was a snoozefest. Pass
Don't be a Ukrainian faggot on this. We all said in this very thread that EP 1 and into EP2 was slow, but it was pretty much required for the rest of them.
That is not saying they were bad, just slow. You'd be doing Disney's efforts in the supply of Zman antidotes by not watching the whole thing with final episode coming Wed.