Andor

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
he goes to Disneyworld so "supporting Disney" has no effect on him
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Fadaar

That guy
It's funny how the 70s tech of the originals forces modern SW to adhere to that aesthetic lol.

Although I don't remember the prequels being so visually jarring in terms of "analogue" control/display panels. Isn't there some kind of storyline explanation that the clone Wars slowed down or impacted technological progress

I don't know if there's any kind of canon explanation but it's generally accepted among the lore that technology in the SW universe sorta plateaued thousands of years in the past. Which is why stuff from the Old Republic era and current Star Wars don't really seem all that different.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Disney gonna show the first two episodes on ABC on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and then again on other Disney-owned networks and HULU. Apparently trying to get people to watch as the ratings for this are in the absolute crapper.

If we want to see quality stuff like this in the future we need to get people to watch, otherwise we're just gonna end up with pure fanfic pablum.

ya it's my fault that one of the top 10 shows of the last decades isn't doing well, not their marketing department's or overall culture they've built around the ip

got it

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The prison was probably designed by humans. The death star was designed by Geonosians and they can fly, so rails serve no purpose for them.
Yeah except they have shown no hand rails on other places besides the Death Star.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know if there's any kind of canon explanation but it's generally accepted among the lore that technology in the SW universe sorta plateaued thousands of years in the past. Which is why stuff from the Old Republic era and current Star Wars don't really seem all that different.

1668896516206.png

Was mostly talking about panels like these, which look like Pong, just because they have to match the panels used in ANH.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
millenia and they still haven't invented the LED saber yet

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They never had Jobs and Wozniak in the Star Wars universe so their original computer interfaces just stayed shit forever, just good enough to operate spaceships. All their technology went to other things instead of improving UX. :)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched any of this, despite looking forward to it when it was in development. I wanted to, and basically all I've heard is positive, but for some reason as soon as it dropped I lost all interest.

I watched all of rings of power despite hating it, but not this...

Then it hit me. I hate myself. I'd rather watch something I hate in order to complain about it then something I enjoy.

Send help.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched any of this, despite looking forward to it when it was in development. I wanted to, and basically all I've heard is positive, but for some reason as soon as it dropped I lost all interest.

I watched all of rings of power despite hating it, but not this...

Then it hit me. I hate myself. I'd rather watch something I hate in order to complain about it then something I enjoy.

Send help.
Season finale comes out tomorrow. Good time to jump on board!