Andor

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also Blasters aren't lasers in Star Wars. They are plasma/particle weapons.

A plasma weapon and a laser weapon are both types of directed energy weapons, which means they both use energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation to damage or destroy targets. The main difference between the two is the type of energy they use. A plasma weapon uses ionized gas, or plasma, as its ammunition, while a laser weapon uses light.

It is difficult to say which type of weapon is more effective without knowing the specific context in which they are being used. In general, laser weapons are often considered to be more precise and have a longer range than plasma weapons, but plasma weapons are typically more powerful and can be used against a wider range of targets. Ultimately, the effectiveness of a weapon depends on a variety of factors, including the specific design of the weapon and the situation in which it is being used.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Look, I think we can all agree that Stormtroopers only exist to allow us to watch lots of bad guys get their asses kicked. It's like how the "hero" in movies and especially TV Shows can one-punch everyone into sleepy time until they finally reach the Boss. Well, Stormtroopers are the sleepy time enemies for Star Wars.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
A plasma weapon and a laser weapon are both types of directed energy weapons, which means they both use energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation to damage or destroy targets. The main difference between the two is the type of energy they use. A plasma weapon uses ionized gas, or plasma, as its ammunition, while a laser weapon uses light.

It is difficult to say which type of weapon is more effective without knowing the specific context in which they are being used. In general, laser weapons are often considered to be more precise and have a longer range than plasma weapons, but plasma weapons are typically more powerful and can be used against a wider range of targets. Ultimately, the effectiveness of a weapon depends on a variety of factors, including the specific design of the weapon and the situation in which it is being used.

This is exactly the kind of shit I come to this board for

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you really want to get nerdy, light is more of a directed energy medium and plasma/blasters are basically pockets of ionized gas accelerated by a magnetic bottle in the firing weapon. Anything laser will be more accurate, fast, and precise, while plasma weapons tend to be low velocity and inaccurate. Then there are ion weapons which seem to be a hybrid of the two, firing directed ion streams that magically disable technology. And thats not even getting into how the superheated gas belching blast weapons somehow seem to have a stun setting. Weapons in star wars make about as much sense as the rest of their world, i.e. none at all and its best to just turn off your brain and absorb the spectacle.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they put in Jedi/Sith stuff it'll be right at the end I think, likely before Luthen ends up sacrificing himself in the last or second to the last episode.

Cybsled

Speaking of lasers vs blasters, you do wonder why more ships don’t use lasers. Luthen’s ship did that laser blender shit and deleted multiple tie fighters at once

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Speaking of lasers vs blasters, you do wonder why more ships don’t use lasers. Luthen’s ship did that laser blender shit and deleted multiple tie fighters at once

In the Star Wars universe, the most effective type of weapon for starships would likely be a type of energy weapon, such as a laser or a plasma cannon. These weapons are highly effective because they are capable of traveling at the speed of light, which means that they can hit their targets almost instantly. This makes them difficult to evade, and they can cause significant damage to a target ship in a very short amount of time.

Additionally, energy weapons do not require ammunition like traditional projectile weapons do, which means that they can be fired indefinitely without the need to resupply. This is particularly useful in space combat, where resupply missions can be risky and logistically difficult.

Another advantage of energy weapons is that they can be easily adjusted to different power levels, depending on the situation. This allows a ship to use weaker blasts to disable an enemy's systems without destroying the ship, or to use more powerful blasts to destroy the enemy outright.

Overall, the combination of speed, versatility, and lack of ammunition makes energy weapons the most effective type of weapon for starships in the Star Wars universe.

In the Star Wars universe, the ability to evade a tractor beam would depend on a variety of factors, including the size and maneuverability of the ship attempting to evade the beam, the strength of the tractor beam, and the skill of the operator using the beam.

In general, smaller and more maneuverable ships would have a better chance of evading a tractor beam, as they would be able to make sudden changes in direction and speed that a larger ship might not be able to match. Similarly, a ship with advanced sensors and tracking systems might be able to detect the tractor beam and take evasive action before it can lock onto the ship.

However, even a small and agile ship would have a difficult time evading a tractor beam if it is operated by a skilled and experienced operator. A skilled operator would be able to anticipate the evasive maneuvers of the target ship and adjust the beam accordingly, making it difficult for the ship to break free.

Overall, evading a tractor beam would not be easy, but it would be possible with the right combination of ship characteristics and operator skill.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Just finished the show. It was really good. I like the sense of scale all these shows give to original trilogy.

There are all of these low level conflicts that bubble up into larger moments that eventually lead people into a more organized resistance.

I think I liked Andy Serkis' character and his arc the best.

It's amazing the stuff people get hung up on though. The empire is massive in a way that's hard to overstate. It inherited/stole/conqured thousands of worlds with a huge disparity of technological development. And yet, on each one it is carrying out some activity that furthers it's goals using whatever infrastructure exists and augmenting it where it sees fit.

On Narkin you have these prisons. Great, nasty place to send dissidents. That's the primary purpose of those installations. While you have the prisoners there though, might as well get something out of them.

So assembly of some basic but useful components becomes it's secondary purpose.

Then you have this huge death star project that is constantly getting ramped up faster and faster to see its completion which basically puts a huge strain on the entire empire's logistical network.

Now every brown nosing shit head and their rivals are all bending over backwards to supply as much as they can to curry favor with their superiors to curry favor with the emperor.

So they get aggressive, and crunch down harder whenever there is a delay or a spot of rebellion or a potential new resource ect. And in the case of the prisons they could simply double their quota of parts with no extra resources or staff.

Sure, setting up a brand new fully automated facility to bash out more parts in less time would be great. But how the hell are you going to requisition the resources needed to build that factory when the whole empire is frothing at the bit to secure that kind of glory for themselves.

So you make do with what you have at hand. And if you are the administrator of a large prisoner workforce you lobby to get the laws changed to double all sentences and secretly allow for reicarceration to maximize output.

The fact that this show illustrates in some subtle and not so subtle ways that the Empire's worst enemy is itself is really its best point.

If the administrators of the prison had simply kept things running smooth and not tried to squeeze every last drop out of the prisoners, Cassian would still be stuck there. But they neglected the situation, demanded more profit/productivity and created the space for a rebellion to grow inside one of the places they had the utmost control.

Really great show.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tony Gilroy's stance on Jedi stuff is that 99% of the galaxy at this point in the timeline has no idea what the force is, or have ever encountered or heard about Jedi stuff. This is of course undercut by the fact that Anakin, a 9 year old on butt fuck Egypt Tatooine knew exactly what Qui-Gon's lightsaber was without even seeing it lit, even with a short glance.
Nevertheless, Gilroy is on record quite a bit lately in various media clearly stating that Force/Jedi stuff will have no role in the Andor series. He doesn't give a shit about fan service one bit, anything fan servicey at all is getting inserted by the props team/story group around what he has written, not the other way around.
And if they did use Vader in season 2, it would definitely minimize his overall impact when he gets rolled out to deal with the Rebellion in Rogue One (not saying that hallway scene would be minimized, that scene will always be top tier).
just rewatched rogue 1 and the first interaction between donnie yen and jynn is he knows shes wearing a kyber crystal and she says her father told her that jedis use kyber crystals in their lightsabers.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am fairly confident that Ahsoka will be in this show next season (as Fulcrum), but it will be in conversations only. Much like Saw Gerrera this season, we will see Luthen trying to negotiate deals and coordinate a larger rebellion with all the rebel cells. We may not even see her face, only a hooded figure in a couple contacts/conversations in a bar, or some such, as Luthen scrambles to stay one step ahead (if Hollywood types can stomach hiding the "talents" face).

I would also assume that part of next season will be Mon Mothma denouncing the empire, then escaping; which involved Fulcrum. (small spoiler from SW: Rebels)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would not count on the KKK (Kathleen Kenedy Klan) adhering to any cannon Filoni came up with in Rebels. In fact she is the kind of cunt who will go our her way to shit on things he created. As such, I don't think anything in Rebels will impact whatever direction they go with Mothma.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
as Pancreas Pancreas said Andor is a great show because there's some stuff under the "Star Wars TV show" layer. Okay it's all about people resisting "tyranny'" (I know he got elected fuck off) but I liked how they told how anyone choosed their side. It adds "grey" storytelling, how random people lives affected them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Tony Gilroy's stance on Jedi stuff is that 99% of the galaxy at this point in the timeline has no idea what the force is, or have ever encountered or heard about Jedi stuff.
Citation needed.

It would make more sense if 99% of the galaxy assumes the jedi are traitors who were all executed, since that's what they were told.

Fadaar

That guy
Citation needed.

It would make more sense if 99% of the galaxy assumes the jedi are traitors who were all executed, since that's what they were told.

considering this isnt too long before original trilogy dont really need to cite anything, see that lack of knowledge plain as day in the OT and..... sequel trilogy, even if i want to pretend it doesnt exist.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Started this show on Tuesday. Finished it tonight. Easily the best show I watched that came out in 2022. We need more Star Wars like this.

The funeral scene was tense af. Gave me the vibes of the lobby scene in Untouchables. You just knew shit was gonna hit the fan soon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I took time off in the new year. Saw this show was getting good reviews, so I finished it.

Show was pretty good. Two things I didn't like: the prison story, and the long as fuck monologues. The prison story felt like a digression; they didn't know what to do with Andor after he got paid so they decided to tell some other-story, and Andor just becomes a side-character in this other-story to try to make it relevant to an Andor tv show. I got some real FFXIV story-telling vibes from the monologues in Andor where the characters give long idealistic speeches (that to me come off as naive), but I guess people really love that shit.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Two things I didn't like: the prison story, and the long as fuck monologues. The prison story felt like a digression; they didn't know what to do with Andor after he got paid so they decided to tell some other-story, and Andor just becomes a side-character in this other-story to try to make it relevant to an Andor tv show. I got some real FFXIV story-telling vibes from the monologues in Andor where the characters give long idealistic speeches (that to me come off as naive), but I guess people really love that shit.
Back to Book of Boba Fett with you.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I took time off in the new year. Saw this show was getting good reviews, so I finished it.

Show was pretty good. Two things I didn't like: the prison story, and the long as fuck monologues. The prison story felt like a digression; they didn't know what to do with Andor after he got paid so they decided to tell some other-story, and Andor just becomes a side-character in this other-story to try to make it relevant to an Andor tv show. I got some real FFXIV story-telling vibes from the monologues in Andor where the characters give long idealistic speeches (that to me come off as naive), but I guess people really love that shit.
Fiction Jules GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user