Andor

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's possible that there are massive automated factories also producing those parts, now that the Death Star is close to completion. If the prisons were set up years ago, to build up a stockpile of low priority parts, they can now just keep them going to add their measly contribution to the whole.

They were building the Death Star for 20 years. Which is what you are all forgetting. To make all these robots and then give them all the ability to build pieces you would have to destroy them all as soon as they were done. Let alone kill all of those engineers you had to retool everything. Remember Palpatine completely wiped out all the Geonosians, 100 billion of them, because they were the ones that created the plans for the Death Star.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They were building the Death Star for 20 years. Which is what you are all forgetting. To make all these robots and then give them all the ability to build pieces you would have to destroy them all as soon as they were done. Let alone kill all of those engineers you had to retool everything. Remember Palpatine completely wiped out all the Geonosians, 100 billion of them, because they were the ones that created the plans for the Death Star.
So instead they built all these prisons all over the galaxy to make the parts...In 20 yrs.... Based around this show they were not just prisons, but specialized prisons where they were tailored to built the parts. And this was ONE FUCKING PART they showed, one component out of millions.

I mean I get it, free labor, but again DUMB fucking labor. And the droids they could, you know, recycle? Like they do with everything in this "universe". They even showed an entire planet devoted to recycling in this show.

So its either build specialized labor camp prisons across the galaxy to churn out the parts, or build specialized droids to churn out the parts in factories. What would you chose as the "CEO"? I know what I would chose, and it would not be Bob the meth addict or Tyrone the space crack dealer.

I just dont buy it. I know the show wanted to show the prison camps and the tyranny and all that but just logically when you are THE galactic superpower which owns the fucking galaxy and all thats within it, all its resources and have pretty much endless currency, why chose dumb labor over PERFECT 100% and 24/7 droids that could be set up anywhere, dont need air, food, housing, dont even need gravity to wok in some box shaped warehouse without any supervision or very little.

So if its secrecy they wanted Id also pick the droids. They dont ask questions they could be put on some fucking uninhabited moon somewhere and when done they could be recycled into the next battle droids.

Germany in WWII showed exactly what they did at labor/extermination camps. They had the strongest prisoners build more prison housing. The others they exterminated. They did not make them build airplane parts or ammo or any of that good war shit. Why? its simple, would you trust airplane/tank whatever the fuck parts coming from your enemy prisoners? Or ammo? Or anything?

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Where are they getting all these droids? You have to build new factories to make new droids to work in other factories. You aren't just repurposing junk droids to work on this shit. You might as well use the prisoners and keep the fear in them to not fuck up. Like they did in Andor. Not once did they talk about sabotaging the shit on the show. Cuz they would all be fucking fried and replaced. Droids aren't a "limitless" resource, especially since most of the droid makers were dead and their planets fucked... like those Geonosians that built the Droid Army.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Where are they getting all these droids? You have to build new factories to make new droids to work in other factories.
Like I said, you either build droids or build specialized prisons? They did have droid factories you know right? Since this whole star wars fiction is littered with them they had to come from somewhere right? And thats not even considering how much more efficient droids would be in ANYTHING dealing with making/assembling parts rather than human garbage that they just picked off the space streets.

And were not talking about advanced AI droids either, im talking tech WE have right now in our factories in our backwards timeline. All it takes is a few pneumatic arms programmed to do whatever they need to. Look, they show them right here...

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This thread is full of gay now.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Can we all just agree that the writers could've thrown in a few more lines to completely justify why the empire is using humans instead of droids, except they vastly underestimated the levels of autistic hyper-focus present in the fandom?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's not autistic to demand logical coherency in TV plots. In fact, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to expect from any form of storytelling. A well-written plot should be coherent, with events that flow logically from one to the next and characters who behave consistently. This is true regardless of the genre or intended audience of the show.

Some people may assume that demanding logical coherency in TV plots is a trait of autism, but this is a harmful stereotype. Autistic individuals have a wide range of abilities and interests, and there is no inherent connection between autism and an interest in logical coherency.

Furthermore, insisting on logical coherency in storytelling is not only fair, it can also improve the quality of the show. A well-written and logically consistent plot can be more engaging and enjoyable for all viewers, not just those on the autism spectrum.

In short, it's not autistic to demand logical coherency in TV plots. It's just a matter of good storytelling

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
It's not autistic to demand logical coherency in TV plots. In fact, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to expect from any form of storytelling. A well-written plot should be coherent, with events that flow logically from one to the next and characters who behave consistently. This is true regardless of the genre or intended audience of the show.

Some people may assume that demanding logical coherency in TV plots is a trait of autism, but this is a harmful stereotype. Autistic individuals have a wide range of abilities and interests, and there is no inherent connection between autism and an interest in logical coherency.

Furthermore, insisting on logical coherency in storytelling is not only fair, it can also improve the quality of the show. A well-written and logically consistent plot can be more engaging and enjoyable for all viewers, not just those on the autism spectrum.

In short, it's not autistic to demand logical coherency in TV plots. It's just a matter of good storytelling
crazy tom cruise GIF

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

1670397051282.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Darth Sidious, also known as Emperor Palpatine, was a Sith Lord who controlled the Galactic Empire. As the Empire's supreme leader, he had access to a vast array of military resources, including a massive army of droids.

These droids were used for a variety of purposes, including combat, labor, and even assassination. Some of the most famous examples of the Empire's droid army include the Imperial Probe Droids, which were used to scout out potential targets, and the Imperial Stormtroopers, who were the Empire's elite soldiers.

While these droids were incredibly effective as soldiers, they could easily have been repurposed for labor. Given the advanced technology used to create these droids, they were capable of performing a wide range of tasks with precision and efficiency.

For example, the Imperial Probe Droids could have been used for mining, surveying, and exploration. The Imperial Stormtroopers, with their advanced combat training, could have been used for construction and security.

In short, Darth Sidious had access to a vast army of droids that could easily have been converted to serve as labor for the Empire. While they were primarily used for combat and other military purposes, their advanced technology and capabilities made them an invaluable asset for a wide range of tasks.

Did you actually write this or copy/paste it from somewhere?

Just it's, you know, wrong.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here that Stormtroopers were droids. With the exception of the prototype droids in the last episode of Mando, Stormtroopers were either clones or regular "human" conscripts.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Did you actually write this or copy/paste it from somewhere?

Just it's, you know, wrong.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here that Stormtroopers were droids. With the exception of the prototype droids in the last episode of Mando, Stormtroopers were either clones or regular "human" conscripts.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that the last message I posted was written by me and was not copied or plagiarized from anywhere. I take pride in my work and always strive to produce original content. In this case, I did my own research and wrote the message using my own words and ideas.

If anyone has any concerns or doubts about the originality of my work, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am always open to discussing my sources and providing evidence to support my claims.

Thank you for your understanding and support. I value your trust and will continue to do my best to create high-quality, original content.

Best regards, [Your Name]

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
just finished the show. it was great. i don't feel there any pacing issues, at all. i hesitate to even call it "slow" because it comes across as boring, and it was anything but boring. i think people are just overly used to constant flashing inputs and if they don't get continual hits of dopamine their brain tells them to go find another source of entertainment.

for the prison, one of the things people like ossai seem to misunderstand is that mechanical parts CANNOT run 24/7. there's no true automation for "dumb" machinery. they need to be guided and evaluated pretty regularly. machines wear down and maintenance is expensive, and furthermore those machines don't tell you when things are starting to go bad, they tell you after they went bad. secondly, there probably were plenty of places along the line that were automated, so to assume that labor camps were building the ENTIRE thing by hand is not right. thirdly, like plenty of people have said, slave labor is and will always be cheaper than anything else available. it's not about the empire being poor and needing to save money, that's just how things are. the term "military grade," for example means two VERY different things to you depending on whether or not you are IN the military. military grade sounds super cool and heavy duty but the reality is that it's just made by the cheapest contractor.

and finally, the prison scene wasn't even REALLY about the prison or what was in it. people say that it didn't need to be there as a catalyst because andor already lost several things because of the empire. but THAT'S the point. there is no "enough" with the empire. it as a force of nature of oppression. the entire purpose of the empire is to take, take, and take from you so that you can only be grateful for the chance that one day it MIGHT forget you exist. it is a machine of fear and oppression designed from the ground up to beat you into submission, and then when you submit, to continue crushing your soul into the dirt.

for any other protagonist, andor losing his sister would be enough to fight back... but that can't be enough for the empire. we have to see that andor has lost everything and is STILL terrified of fighting back, not because he's a coward, but because he knows what he's up against. the prison had to be a part of the show to demonstrate how far the empire is willing to go and that even wiping out an entire floor of "criminals" was a nothing decision. i mean, even the guards... everytime we see them they are panicking. when andor first shows up and he's being brought down to the floor room, the guards are barely holding it together from being behind schedule. then right before the break out happens, when they are bringing in the new guy they have that same nervous energy. even the people IN the empire are being ground down under heel.

one of the things i loved about the show is how it never seemed to take the intelligence of the viewer for granted. nothing is explained, you just have to pay attention to the body language and all the non-verbal cues. the fight that mon mothma picks with her husband in the car... i thought i had missed a scene at first but then i realized she was throwing her husband under the bus to the imperials just to cover her own finances... just a brilliant scene, and it doesn't stop to explain what she was doing until much later.

just really loved this show

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Like I said, you either build droids or build specialized prisons? They did have droid factories you know right? Since this whole star wars fiction is littered with them they had to come from somewhere right? And thats not even considering how much more efficient droids would be in ANYTHING dealing with making/assembling parts rather than human garbage that they just picked off the space streets.

And were not talking about advanced AI droids either, im talking tech WE have right now in our factories in our backwards timeline. All it takes is a few pneumatic arms programmed to do whatever they need to. Look, they show them right here...

Just make the thing out of Legos. 14 individiual parts, can scale to vast degree. Can be assembled by anyone.

lego-death-star-original-imadrfsvdhggsw5s-3400511076.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Blown

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
just finished the show. it was great. i don't feel there any pacing issues, at all. i hesitate to even call it "slow" because it comes across as boring, and it was anything but boring. i think people are just overly used to constant flashing inputs and if they don't get continual hits of dopamine their brain tells them to go find another source of entertainment.

for the prison, one of the things people like ossai seem to misunderstand is that mechanical parts CANNOT run 24/7. there's no true automation for "dumb" machinery. they need to be guided and evaluated pretty regularly. machines wear down and maintenance is expensive, and furthermore those machines don't tell you when things are starting to go bad, they tell you after they went bad. secondly, there probably were plenty of places along the line that were automated, so to assume that labor camps were building the ENTIRE thing by hand is not right. thirdly, like plenty of people have said, slave labor is and will always be cheaper than anything else available. it's not about the empire being poor and needing to save money, that's just how things are. the term "military grade," for example means two VERY different things to you depending on whether or not you are IN the military. military grade sounds super cool and heavy duty but the reality is that it's just made by the cheapest contractor.

and finally, the prison scene wasn't even REALLY about the prison or what was in it. people say that it didn't need to be there as a catalyst because andor already lost several things because of the empire. but THAT'S the point. there is no "enough" with the empire. it as a force of nature of oppression. the entire purpose of the empire is to take, take, and take from you so that you can only be grateful for the chance that one day it MIGHT forget you exist. it is a machine of fear and oppression designed from the ground up to beat you into submission, and then when you submit, to continue crushing your soul into the dirt.

for any other protagonist, andor losing his sister would be enough to fight back... but that can't be enough for the empire. we have to see that andor has lost everything and is STILL terrified of fighting back, not because he's a coward, but because he knows what he's up against. the prison had to be a part of the show to demonstrate how far the empire is willing to go and that even wiping out an entire floor of "criminals" was a nothing decision. i mean, even the guards... everytime we see them they are panicking. when andor first shows up and he's being brought down to the floor room, the guards are barely holding it together from being behind schedule. then right before the break out happens, when they are bringing in the new guy they have that same nervous energy. even the people IN the empire are being ground down under heel.

one of the things i loved about the show is how it never seemed to take the intelligence of the viewer for granted. nothing is explained, you just have to pay attention to the body language and all the non-verbal cues. the fight that mon mothma picks with her husband in the car... i thought i had missed a scene at first but then i realized she was throwing her husband under the bus to the imperials just to cover her own finances... just a brilliant scene, and it doesn't stop to explain what she was doing until much later.

just really loved this show

Ok, chatgpt