Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
7.5/10, enjoyable movie that I'd say is slightly better than the first one but thats very debatable. The bad guy in the first movie was awful, the ones in the second movie are just kinda generic and forgettable but not as bad? Wasp definitely kicks some ass, Kate is much better/active in this one than the first, plus she doesn't wear that terrible wig anymore. They have a few scenes where they de-age Michael Douglas and it looks fucking amazing, that tech is getting REALLY, REALLY good.

Good for date night movie, women will love pretty much everything about the movie and there are a few no shirt scenes of Paul Rudd for chicks, sadly no Kate in a wet tshirt kinda scenes.

watched it in Dolby and it was fantastic, may check it out in IMAX a second time next week.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The best part about the quantom realm scenes is they included water bears.

article-2280286-17A5BE44000005DC-330_1024x615_large.jpg

I learned about this (a little) when my daughter was watching an episode of Octonauts.

Water_Bears_S03E02.mp4.crdownload_000186840.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The best part about the quantom realm scenes is they included water bears.

article-2280286-17A5BE44000005DC-330_1024x615_large.jpg

I learned about this (a little) when my daughter was watching an episode of Octonauts.

Water_Bears_S03E02.mp4.crdownload_000186840.jpg
I learned about them on South Park.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw this today with the wife and some friends... I solid 7-8/10 for me. I think the problem was you didn't have as much of a "big bad" in this movie.

Instead you have the Ghost character, who is a bad person but you quickly get hit with that she's just driven for a reason which puts her at odds with the good guys. And then you have what I think are the real "bad guys" which are the Feds and Boyd Crowder's crew, who are essentially interchangeable. but more of an obstacle than a real bad guy.

I did have issues with "If Ghost/Lawrence FIshburn had just talked to Hope for 45 second they would have been on the same team and this movie would have been done a solid 30 minutes sooner."

But the reality is you don't go to this movie wanting a plot that's watertight. You go to see Paul Rudd be funny, ms Evangeline fuel all sorts of illict thoughts, and the daughter to essentially be (as mentioned above) the big screen version of Trixie from Lucifer. It nails all those points like it knows what it's job is.

Ladro

Anomaly
Saw this on Friday, thought it was pretty good; great family film with a lot of laughs. 7.5/10 easily. Definitely worth watching even without any real MCU tie ins.

The truth serum scene was pretty funny as were the size gags. End credit scene was interesting only because with a 50/50 shot at least one of them outside should have survived. Now how does Scott get out? Is he basically in there the entire time until the snap gets reversed? It's almost like they marginalized Ant-Man by putting him in the quantum bottle. Maybe Tony will save him with science magic.

There was zero mention of anything in New York or IW so I'm willing to be that the entire film was made without any of the cast knowing about what happens to everyone and the post credit scene was filmed shortly before release and tacked on.

Last scene was definitely trolling.

the post credits scene has been leaked for anyone who wants to rewatch it
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5le9sYdYkM

Good lord that's fucking terrible.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Saw this on Friday, thought it was pretty good; great family film with a lot of laughs. 7.5/10 easily. Definitely worth watching even without any real MCU tie ins.

The truth serum scene was pretty funny as were the size gags. End credit scene was interesting only because with a 50/50 shot at least one of them outside should have survived. Now how does Scott get out? Is he basically in there the entire time until the snap gets reversed? It's almost like they marginalized Ant-Man by putting him in the quantum bottle. Maybe Tony will save him with science magic.

They told you in the movie.
He will have to go to the time vortex and will end up in a different time stream

Juvarisx

Florida

There was zero mention of anything in New York or IW so I'm willing to be that the entire film was made without any of the cast knowing about what happens to everyone and the post credit scene was filmed shortly before release and tacked on.

Last scene was definitely trolling.

Good lord that's fucking terrible.

They are casting an adult Casandra Lang for IW2, and filming leaks of a considerable older Iron Man et all. Defiantly something to do with Time Vortex

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Conflict was well done. Neither the Pym’s nor Ava had any reason to stand down. After nearly two decades of lies she was as desperate to save herself as they were saving Mom/Mrs.

Parts of the Quantum Realm confused my youngest as he thought maybe they were in Dormammu’s realm (an entirely diff universe). And how she got mystic powers. But I can understand as the colors and shapes were similar.

It seems obvious OG wasp dropped the hint about Time Vortex’s and the dangers of Tardisgrades for the next Avengers. Zero complaints. Great movie. I like Kim Jong Un (lead agent) too. The gayness at the end was hilarious.

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
Wasn't impressed with this. If you take away the fact that this is in the MCU it's probably a 5/10 movie.

• 2Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Great show. It's in the top tier of the MCU and better than antman 1.

why the fuck did they show the drumming Ant in the 2nd trailer? That's the ENTIRE fucking final scene. An ant that can use a drum kit. And there it is in trailer #2. Stupid.

Well, it was also in the movie so it's not like the trailer spoiled the end credit scene. That was just more of the ant drumming.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Movie was good. Not amazing. I'd say better than Black Pantehr. On par with the first Ant Man.

My biggest gripe:

Super quantum healz magiks! Like. Fuck, dude. That made me uneasy.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Movie was good. Not amazing. I'd say better than Black Pantehr. On par with the first Ant Man.

My biggest gripe:

Super quantum healz magiks! Like. Fuck, dude. That made me uneasy.
This and the very poorly done "stop the movie to a dead halt, and give Ghosts back story in an overly long exposition dump", were the weakest parts of the movie.

Magic hands, was really cheap and unnecessary. A weak deus ex machina to solve the problem with no actual work, learning, or growth needed.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I found it enjoyable, but forgettable. It’s was adequate I guess.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
can we just stop and appreciate that a marvel movie came out in 2018 and the serious moments were given time to breathe without the writers feeling forced to throw in a joke to undermine the entire moment?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i think marvel is going the thor route of magic

tech so advanced it is indistinguishable from magic...thus,,,Dr. Strange's "Magic" is just VERY advanced tech. i saw a note about marvel movie magic in a comic book website article when they compared the quantum travel lightshow to stranges travel lightshow.

seeing this movie on Saturday.