Ant Man. July 2015

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is a huge difference between GoTG and an Antman who isn't Antman, nor part of the original Avengers. His one claim to fame was making Ultron and now Stark and Banner made him. So now you have a dude playing a dude who was another dude that has no relevance at all to his entire origin in the marvel universe. I hope this flops as bad as Daredevil. They could have spent the money on a better hero/villain than this crap. They could have shitout a movie about Loki and made as much as Ironman, yet they go with this.

It's like making a movie for Jarvis the butler, not the smart ass AI. Black Panther is just as bad. What's next, The Falcon?
What's wrong with Black Panther?

God knows they need to appease the SJWs by having more main characters that aren't white dudes anyway.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
He became popular the past 4 years? There isn't substance to his origin/life. Guy was written back in 1960s and finally has had like 3 good story lines in 50+ years. Those 3 are even pushing it since one of them was Civil War, and they shoe horned him and his entire country into it to gain a foothold to attracting minority kids buying a shit written story. It's a black daredevil in Africa whose family hated him even tho he has been gifted with magical abilities.

I'm all for heroes/villains getting their movies. At least make those who are going to be on the big screen the ones who have a real history/following to them.

Hell go for Namor banging all the landwalkers chicks while seahorses are circling around his feet. That shit would sell.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's false. They didn't start dicking with his idea, but if they were going to foot the bill or at least allow him the use of their character, they insisted that it fit into their pre established universe in some way or another. Wright wasn't willing to budge on that. He wanted the story to be singular and not to tie in at all with what Marvel has already been doing. They just wanted it to work so that they could use the character in future movies. That's the only thing that changed from how Write's script was done to how it is when we'll see the film.
comes to the same thing. at least before they had a movie guided by someone's vision, now you have a movie nobody wants to make with a director for hire to slap shit together.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chuk was on set the entire time.

You will see this shit day one. Just like every other thing you declare you will avoid or have no interest in etc etc. Why? Because 4 words.

Paul
Rudd
Marvel
Movie

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The reign of mediocre comedies and boiler plate sequels has been interrupted long enough.
For me, Hollywood now only cares about super hero movies, raping our childhood memories and trying to beat some dead horses even more.

There is no really any room for creativity.
They even make movies about 2nd category super heroes

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You'd think people would learn...
I know, right? I'm not saying this is going to be Guardians of the Galaxy good, but it is like people want there to be a flop for some reason. Why? We're still going to get a slew of superhero movies to finish out this decade whether Ant-Man does well or not, so why not hope it is worth watching? Given their track record, it probably will be anyway. Having just rewatched all of the Marvel movies recently, even Iron Man 3 is better than most movies that get released every year.

More than likely the flop(s) will come from the DC side of things first anyway.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think it depends on Marvel Studio's expectation. What do you guys define as a flop?

Is it a flop if it makes a profit for the studio?

Is it a flop if it has an awesome story but does poorly at the box office?

Or vice versa is it a flop if it has a terrible story but makes shitload of money?

What box office amount is considered a flop? 200M? 100M? 75M?

I think it's gonna be an interesting movie, with the usual quality that Marvel has been given us and make between 75 to 125 millions which will probably be considered a success by Marvel studios, I doubt they expect a 200M movie from An-Man.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think it depends on Marvel Studio's expectation. What do you guys define as a flop?

Is it a flop if it makes a profit for the studio?

Is it a flop if it has an awesome story but does poorly at the box office?

Or vice versa is it a flop if it has a terrible story but makes shitload of money?

What box office amount is considered a flop? 200M? 100M? 75M?

I think it's gonna be an interesting movie, with the usual quality that Marvel has been given us and make between 75 to 125 millions which will probably be considered a success by Marvel studios, I doubt they expect a 200M movie from An-Man.
Are you talking domestic or worldwide? Because there is zero chance this movie makes less than $200m worldwide. I'd guess it will probably make at least $500m. And I'm quite certain they do expect numbers like that, why wouldn't they?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will make 200 million, it will have good/great reviews, this thread will be full of people saying they are shocked(SHOCKED) at how much better it was than they expected.

As for this obviously(hopefully) inebriated babbling...

For me, Hollywood now only cares about super hero movies, raping our childhood memories and trying to beat some dead horses even more.

There is no really any room for creativity.
They even make movies about 2nd category super heroes
Who thefuckhell is "Hollywood"?Here's all the movies released this year. What is it you think you're missing out on because Bill Hollywood, the President of Movies, only cares about super hero movies and raping your childhood?

You are aGod damned mongoloiddarn dummy. Jesus Christ that was thedumbest fucking self pitying retardedmost not good post I've seen here in a while...

edit: I need a nap. Made the post less aggressive, sorry.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Bunch of nutjobs in this thread. This movie is going to be great. I was hesitant after first hearing about it, but after seeing the poster and hearing more about it, as well as seeing the awesomeness that is Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm extremely excited to see this. It'll be a day 1 watch for me, just like GotG and all other Marvel movies.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Are you talking domestic or worldwide? Because there is zero chance this movie makes less than $200m worldwide. I'd guess it will probably make at least $500m. And I'm quite certain they do expect numbers like that, why wouldn't they?
I was talking domestic.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bunch of nutjobs in this thread. This movie is going to be great. I was hesitant after first hearing about it, but after seeing the poster and hearing more about it, as well as seeing the awesomeness that is Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm extremely excited to see this. It'll be a day 1 watch for me, just like GotG and all other Marvel movies.
My thoughts exactly. Until they let me down several times in a row, there is no way I won't be seeing the first possible showing I can make for each of their movies. And then pirating them to watch for the month or so before I can buy the bluray, which I will watch many more times over the years. Hell, I'm even stoked about the Black Panther movie and I never liked him in the comics.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm also excited about this, and it will take a few bad movies before I even start not being excited about anything Marvel puts out.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bill Burr would be ashamed that you're using his face as a reference point while voicing your stupidity, Phoenix.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So we have reached the point where people have to rebel against comic book movies now because they are too popular?