Ant Man. July 2015

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loved the movie. Very funny and had some good action in it. As was said before, can't wait to see Ant-Man and Starlord get together and play off of each other. I mean they have to do that, right?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I feel like many people forget just how awesome Spider-Man 2 was, period.
Bingo.Thiswas the movie that restarted the super hero/comic book genre, Spider Man 2. Movie was god damn exceptional, even with all the other block busters, it is still top 3 for me. Always annoys me now whenever I see people say Dark Knight or Iron man broke the ice for the new generation of Super Hero movies--in reality they all got green lit because Spider Man made abilliondollars. (Even the third turd made bank--which just goes to show how embaressing the new 2 were...seriously how do you fuck up Spider Man so bad? He should be as big as the full avengers or any Batman film. Aside from Superman/Batman, I think Spider Man is the most popular/well known comic character.)

As for Ant Man--going to see it tomorrow. Can't wait.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's been at a 79% on RT which is 1% lower than it was two days ago. How is a B, "getting destroyed"?

Also, RT is a retarded site that is full of critics trying to do whatever they can to get clicks and attention.
This... I absolutely hate it when their critics take the "it's cool to hate/like it" approach just to go against the status quo and get some attention. Movie critics are so smug and entitled a lot of times as well on the internet. Best to find someone you trust and run with it.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
79% for a super hero movie is actually pretty decent. Didn't Avengers 2 get like 74% or some shit? It had it's flaws but was still a good movie. They've just been measuring everything to Iron Man, Avengers, and Winter Soldier standards now.

Marvel Heroes Ranked By Tomatometer - Rotten Tomatoes

For reference.
That list is pretty accurate by my standards. Forgot how many turds(and decades) it took before they started to make really good ones. The list isn't exactly where I stand but the top ones are all great movies.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blade 1 is ranked way to low, IM 2 and 3, Amazing Spiderman, Big Hero 6 are ranked way to high,

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This was my favorite origin movie after Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it was a great mix of heroic and humorous.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Film was great!

Felt it lacked some epicness in the first two acts but the payoff with the final battle was great. Baddie was a little better than the Iron Man ones, I liked him being a bit of a creepy sociopath.

Column_sl

shitlord
We saw this at a midnight showing on Sunday, and man was it great.

Loved it. Cast was A+, and how they added him to the Marvel U was perfect.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saw it Friday evening at an 11:30pm showing. Sadly, only about 10 people in the audience. Had a great time though. My second favorite movie this summer under Mad Max: Fury Road.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is the 3D? I'm debating which version to see tonight.
I wound up seeing it in 3d and it was really good. Very natural use of it and not the crappy randomly throwing stuff at your face type 3d. The stuff in the ant lairs and the fights when he was on the ant swarms looked really good in 3d.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was a wtf for me too. Kinda felt like something was left on the editing room floor, like he re-sized himself 50 times while giggling right after the successful sheep shrink. I chalked it up to him being around the process of replicating the particle for so long, and the fact he was coming unhinged then finally succeeding pushed him over the edge.
I had the same question I have to figure it was something that got edited out.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I liked it well enough, but it seemed like it had some significant editing issues.

The foremost being, why was Stoll so crazy? Ithinkthe scene where Stoll atomizes his insufficiently mercenary lieutenant had to originally be later in the movie - 1)Why would Stoll be surprised when the test sheep got atomized, if he already knew and used the technology, and 2) Him going crazy from unshielded pym particles andthenatomizing the lieutenant hangs together logically better. I suspect test audiences didn't hate Stoll early enough, so the scene got moved up.

Then there's the weirdness at the end fight. It _looks_ like there were two different versions of the sequence that got mashed together, with strong suggestions that in one version, Yellowjacket ran out of pym particles and was stuck small until he defeated Ant-Man and took his particles (remember, Ant-Dog is created when Ant-Man throws grow-discs at YJ - why would that matter if YJ could just shrink again; the sole canister of YJ's gold-colored serum is given central prominence in a number of the helicopter scene shots, implying that was supposed to be important), but then all of a sudden he's big and threatening the daughter again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn't notice that at all, I don't think that your average movie goer is going to notice. Interesting though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sadly, only about 10 people in the audience.
We had the exact same turn out for the "pre release" viewing my theater always does. Thursday night at 7pm in the Imax is typically booked solid. About 20% of the theater was still open. I really don't understand it. People should realize by now that Marvel Cinematic Universe isn't making garbage just to take your money. The movies are quality.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I liked this movie, it was a little slow to start but the action was pretty solid and had a few good laughs. 7/10

I loved that Hank would throw a punch at the drop of the hat?.very fitting lol
Rudd was great in this roll, classic Rudd.
Action was solid, CGI seamless. A few good laughs to set the mode.

Evangeline Lily?s Hope character made no sense, showed no motivations and was the biggest train wreck of the movie imo. I don?t know if it was the hair cut or wrinkles, but when did she get not hot? The character also seemed to do a 180 but it was never explained. She kicked Hank out of his own company? Then plotted with him to steal/destroy the tech created by the guy she seated into power. No remorse or comment on why she voted out hank? I think they explained that she went back to Hank after learning about the Yellow jacket project but if that is the case it makes no sense for them to ?bond? over destroying the ?pym particle? but not reveal what happened to Janet. At first I was hoping it was one big long con for cross, but that does not even make much sense. Speaking of no sense, I guess the movies over so time to make out! Sure we kinda hated each other and had no moments other then a 10 second car convo about who was expendable.

Also, stop giving movie chars 8 seconds to put on ultra high tech super suits and having them do it. How the hell did YJ even get his suit on, and also be so good at using it on his first go? Would have been way better for Lang to only have one leg in the suit when the cop turns the corner and as he fumbles for his keys he gets it on and poofs..

Don?t get me wrong, I liked it and will see it again..but it had a few weak spots.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wound up seeing it in 3d and it was really good. Very natural use of it and not the crappy randomly throwing stuff at your face type 3d. The stuff in the ant lairs and the fights when he was on the ant swarms looked really good in 3d.
I should mention that I ended up seeing it in 3D too, and it was well done. However, the Star Wars preview in 3D was terrible and the action was confusing and hard to follow.