Antiperspirant/Deodorant discussion

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I've been using Right Guard gel antiperspirant/deodorant for over a decade and am finally sick and tired of dealing with the gel based products as they are just a pain in the ass.

Anyone have a good, clear antiperspirant/deodorant they would recommend?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I just use Arm and Hammer deodorant or stupid expensive Native when my wife doesn't like the smell of the one she ordered...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hands down, salt based deodorant. This shit is amazing. It keeps the stink away, even though I continue to sweat.
Here's a link to the female one, but it's 100% the same as the male. Just in a pink case instead of a dark gray one. I'm linking this because the male stuff is currently really expensive.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Hands down, salt based deodorant. This shit is amazing. It keeps the stink away, even though I continue to sweat.
Here's a link to the female one, but it's 100% the same as the male. Just in a pink case instead of a dark gray one. I'm linking this because the male stuff is currently really expensive.

This one by leaps and bounds.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

I hate to say it, because previously I thought only hippie faggots used "crystals" and shit, but yeah, this stuff is working great so far. Just make sure you apply it properly by wetting your underarms fairly well (not dripping all over the floor) and then rubbing this shit all over, liberally.

It is also super cheap, compared to all the sticks of regular deodorant you'll go through in a year vs. this one stick. Except that, as noted, the men's one is super expensive right now for some reason. But it is literally a stick of crystalline salt (I didn't click to refresh my memory, but phosphor alum if I remember correctly) so it doesn't matter what the container looks like, it is all the same shit.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I hate to say it, because previously I thought only hippie faggots used "crystals" and shit, but yeah, this stuff is working great so far. Just make sure you apply it properly by wetting your underarms fairly well (not dripping all over the floor) and then rubbing this shit all over, liberally.

It is also super cheap, compared to all the sticks of regular deodorant you'll go through in a year vs. this one stick. Except that, as noted, the men's one is super expensive right now for some reason. But it is literally a stick of crystalline salt (I didn't click to refresh my memory, but phosphor alum if I remember correctly) so it doesn't matter what the container looks like, it is all the same shit.
guess i'll give this faggy crystal deodorant a try

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I dunno that natural crystal shit never worked for me.

Personally antiperspirants are nasty and either white 'n chalky or slimy gel. You shouldn't use antiperspirants unless you're one of those beasts that sweat a ton, otherwise just use deodorant which doesn't stain or form white pasty chunks in your armpit hair. Antiperspirants also use chemicals you don't find in deodorants. It also helps if you trim your armpit hair.

I've been using Old Spice deodorant (aqua reef) for about 30 years and it's worked great as well as getting compliments from the ladies that think it's my cologne.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've been using Old Spice deodorant (aqua reef) for about 30 years and it's worked great as well as getting compliments from the ladies that think it's my cologne.
doesn't that mean you're sweating so much, your deodorant is working overdrive to compensate for your smelly pits? also those girls have daddy issues.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
doesn't that mean you're sweating so much, your deodorant is working overdrive to compensate for your smelly pits? also those girls have daddy issues.

I prefer girls with daddy issues 'cause it let's me date chicks half my age.

And the deodorant isn't activated by BO. It doesn't get stronger the more you sweat. I'm at basically the break even point where by the end of the day there's a very mild BO smell that has finally overcome the deodorant.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
dove men+care extra fresh.jpg

that's what i use. nice and mild, but effective. not sure if they have a gel version tho. they might.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my wife opened the amazon package and thought amazon mis sent her crystal deodorant. then i told her i wanted to try it, she's asking why i'm using gay hippie shit.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
well i admit it has duration behind it, i climbed down from my attic and i smelled a "fresh scent" thats over 12+ hours of protection

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I sweat like a pig. Seriously, I think I have a medical condition because I sweat so much and so easily, although I've never bothered to get diagnosed.

Anyway, to anyone who suffers from a similar affliction, this stuff is amazing:

I've been using it for about a year now, and my pit sweats have gone down by like 80%. At this point, I actually only need to put it on every few days. Probably going to give me cancer at some point, but whatever, my quality of life has increased exponentially because of it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have this weird thing where I sweat quite a lot if I'm doing anything remotely physical. If I'm just working at the computer or walking or such I don't sweat, but if I start doing anything more physical, I'm a sweaty beast. The weird part is that I never get stinky. This is certified by my wife.

Anyway, I use this, and have for a while, and have no complaints.

81Qk2eFo5HL._SL1500_.jpg

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Holy shit, I'm so happy I took your advice and picked this up. Works like a champ.

Background: I've been using the same Gillette stick for years, I used to use the gel but got tired of the wet pits so switched over to the stick. Almost any other brand other than Gilette causes my pits to burn and be super irritated. Don't know why, but been that way for years, never had a problem with the Gilette until just recently and started to notice some irritation and itching in the pits. Found this thread and tried your hippy stick.

Results: No smell. Interestingly enough, no sweat either. Irritation has cleared up and I don't leave deodorant flakes wherever I sit now either. Probably all a side effect of using too much of the stick. Dunno, don't care. At $7 this is a no brainer to try. I'll be interested to see how I do during the summer months (Phoenix, Az) but we'll see. Thanks for the hot tip!

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit, I'm so happy I took your advice and picked this up. Works like a champ.

Background: I've been using the same Gillette stick for years, I used to use the gel but got tired of the wet pits so switched over to the stick. Almost any other brand other than Gilette causes my pits to burn and be super irritated. Don't know why, but been that way for years, never had a problem with the Gilette until just recently and started to notice some irritation and itching in the pits. Found this thread and tried your hippy stick.

Results: No smell. Interestingly enough, no sweat either. Irritation has cleared up and I don't leave deodorant flakes wherever I sit now either. Probably all a side effect of using too much of the stick. Dunno, don't care. At $7 this is a no brainer to try. I'll be interested to see how I do during the summer months (Phoenix, Az) but we'll see. Thanks for the hot tip!
a bonus or a minus is the only one i could find was 2.25oz basically travel size, which i'm doing this week

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yo these crystals are making me itch, and I'm in Japan now, gonna have to buy even more weird ass jap stick

• 1Worf