Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Down the rabbit hole.
wat.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 6Like
Reactions: 13 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's just something about art when like you can see the brush strokes and the paint piled up on the canvas. Something about that, that you wouldn't get from just having something printed out on canvas.
yea, thats what i loved about all the museaums in paris and italy i saw. apart from like the mona lisa you can see van gohs up close, i'd just stick my head on the side of the canvas and look at all the raised ridges and brush strokes, i'm sure i looked like a derp, but what ever the fuck.

i was pretty mad when i went to see stary night at MOMA and theres a fucking armed guard there, and like 10ft distance, but it is stary night i guess.

anyway, it's the new age, so you actually don't ask to see their portfollio now @Falxy-US , ask if they have a tik tok instead

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think he should just print out whatever the final FOH version is and put that on his wall. A true work of art.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Huh, doing some Groot and Rocket searching I found this:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-rocket-groot-i21016.jpg

Compare it to:

Artwork_sml.jpg

My guess is that our 'artist' doing the work for Falxy just copied this poster, with an attempt to do something different with Groot's arm to bring a fresh original element.

Which also explains that if the artist was trying to do his own thing with the arms, why that ended up as one of the worst features.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, thats what i loved about all the museaums in paris and italy i saw. apart from like the mona lisa you can see van gohs up close, i'd just stick my head on the side of the canvas and look at all the raised ridges and brush strokes, i'm sure i looked like a derp, but what ever the fuck.

i was pretty mad when i went to see stary night at MOMA and theres a fucking armed guard there, and like 10ft distance, but it is stary night i guess.

anyway, it's the new age, so you actually don't ask to see their portfollio now @Falxy-US , ask if they have a tik tok instead
You definitely looked 1000% less derpy than all those fucking idiots taking selfies in front of the Mona Lisa.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
To explain, I was thinking of how the artist had said that he'd gotten the initial framing / setup of the image by taking a photo of a friend's Groot & Rocket figure.

So I thought I would see how much that might cost, if it looks good in real life, plus also wondering how he fucked up some of the perspectives in the final posing.

The only quality figure I found with the two of them is:

toyfigure.jpg

It looks cool, but as you can see, the pose of rocket is quite calm, not an action shooting pose, plus his hand (paw ) is at the back of Groot's head.

Then I saw that movie poster on one of the listings. I Immediately recognized the pose being right.

leo-pointing.jpg