Any hope for this painting?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
@Falxy-US it's been days. What's the latest? I think this project is salvageable.

The artist texted me asking us to come to some kind of determination on the painting, I told him that I don't see any pathway that leads to me being happy with the painting, he did not reply. I think this project is dead :(

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
The artist texted me asking us to come to some kind of determination on the painting, I told him that I don't see any pathway that leads to me being happy with the painting, he did not reply. I think this project is dead :(
Did you get your canvas back? Are you gonna round 2 it with another artist?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Did you get your canvas back? Are you gonna round 2 it with another artist?

I did not get it back. He offered, but that means I have to see this guy and that makes me feel awkward as hell, and I am a giant pussy and suck at interpersonal conflict, etc. So I'd rather him just keep the canvas / trash it, whatever.

So, I ended up contacting Christopher Clark:

Who painted two of the groot / rocket paintings that I love. His agent got back to me and is supposed to be getting me a quote, but I think it will be god awful expensive. He apparently just sold a six foot by 3 foot painting to Lucas Films. He has some insanely good DC and Marvel paintings on his website. I have a number in mind and if it's close to that, I'll do it, but if it's over it, no way.

And I have another guy who did another painting for me working on a rocket / groot painting. He does a lot of large format art around town (sides of buildings) and has a very unique style, so I'm hoping that would turn out neat. The previous painting I had commissioned from him, I sent him an idea of what I was looking for and what he got back to me was so much better and completely wild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
my god it's been so long since i've seen a chain picture edit shitfest. this is glorious gents.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone still have the get well card with the reese's cup covered in pubes? I feel that should be included.

Who was that for, anyway? Enigmatic Paradigm? OG Numbers?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I did not get it back. He offered, but that means I have to see this guy and that makes me feel awkward as hell, and I am a giant pussy and suck at interpersonal conflict, etc. So I'd rather him just keep the canvas / trash it, whatever.

Who painted two of the groot / rocket paintings that I love. His agent got back to me and is supposed to be getting me a quote, but I think it will be god awful expensive. He apparently just sold a six foot by 3 foot painting to Lucas Films. He has some insanely good DC and Marvel paintings on his website. I have a number in mind and if it's close to that, I'll do it, but if it's over it, no way.

And I have another guy who did another painting for me working on a rocket / groot painting. He does a lot of large format art around town (sides of buildings) and has a very unique style, so I'm hoping that would turn out neat. The previous painting I had commissioned from him, I sent him an idea of what I was looking for and what he got back to me was so much better and completely wild.
Can you give me his contact info? I'd like to see if I could maybe purchase it for FoH posterity

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get the dude to paint the version we made and Ill throw in on the 500

• 2Worf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
What, no Shelly?

1597869632101.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Who painted two of the groot / rocket paintings that I love. His agent got back to me and is supposed to be getting me a quote, but I think it will be god awful expensive.

Looks like he does a lot of oil. It's going to be well into 5 figures depending on the size of painting you want, but I doubt six figure. Pretty solid artist. Anatomy is weak, but very pleasing use of color, which is important with oil. Will be curious to know what he charges.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Looks like he does a lot of oil. It's going to be well into 5 figures depending on the size of painting you want, but I doubt six figure. Pretty solid artist. Anatomy is weak, but very pleasing use of color, which is important with oil. Will be curious to know what he charges.

Oh shit you think minimum $10,000?? I’m out haha. Honestly I would do $5,000 max. But I wouldn’t do more. Just because at that point it feels very irresponsible! Thank you for the heads up.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit you think minimum $10,000?? I’m out haha. Honestly I would do $5,000 max. But I wouldn’t do more. Just because at that point it feels very irresponsible! Thank you for the heads up.

If you want a poster sized painting, I'd guess 25-35k

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'd say buy that original painting . . . then arrange for artist to ( cough ) kinda die.

Instantly worth tens of thousands!!!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
6128BE95-9EA2-493C-933D-401406037AD5.jpeg

He sent me one last update before he begins to gesso it

keeep in mind that octopus hand is almost 2 feet wide.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like