Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I streamed a few hours and went back and watched some of the fights slowmo. I learned a few things:

Some past game must have had a large initial recoil because I badly overcorrect for it. Real world shooting full autos is like that, the first shot is the worst, then you can lean into it.

Some people can jig side to side HUGE amounts. I was watching people moving several feet at a time per frame. How they do that I have no idea. ADADADA spam for me barely moves and slows me down.

Many of your WTF moments where you had a perfect shot and nothing happened are projectile travel time. The big hand cannon wingman or something? VERY slow projectile. I had one fight in particular where emo girl punched me down with me blasting round after round at her point blank.

Goth girl's cape presents a huge sight picture. Whenever she dodges or melees or does anything really, the cape flies up and onscreen it's just one huge black sillhoutte, only half of which "counts" as a hit.

Close range Bangalores are terrible. They get in trouble and pop smoke and suddenly a 3vX is now a 1vX as teammates can't see anything to shoot.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit reg seems off today. Or more so the deviation/jitter seems off.

Also Peacekeeper needs nerfed. It's the only close range meta right now.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So does anyone have a kid with a PS4 sub-account and unable to play Apex Legends?

I've ran into this problem with my kid's sub account before but I brushed it off and now he can't play this and I'm fairly annoyed. It seems like EA doesn't allow any underage PS4/Xbox accounts to play their games online? So basically they're saying that I can't play a Teen rated game with my son at the age of 12.

Seems like some discrimination bullshit. Yeah, I've lied on my accounts in the past when I was younger, but why the fuck do I have to lie about actually parenting my kid?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This is me when i play these types of games now.

tumblr_lz376laNSq1qaygy7o1_500.jpg
Maybe it's because I gorged myself on DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, and Quake during the 90s, but I have zero interest in these competitive FPS games. I still enjoy a good single player campaign, though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So is there a prone key I'm not aware of? A few times now I've run into people that look dead they are so low to the ground.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Also is there a way to see how many wins you have? Thought I was about to get the 15 wins badge but I didn't get it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So is there a prone key I'm not aware of? A few times now I've run into people that look dead they are so low to the ground.

No prone that I'm aware of, but the crouch visual is super fucking weird for a lot of characters, such as Pathfinder. I once died because I watched a Pathfinder crawling around on the ground and ignored him then he shotgunned me in the back. He was scooting on his ass like a dog with worms, but he wasn't downed. Just prone. Pretty fucked.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't like the gear/item tiers. This relies too much on RNG and removes an even playing field, it turned me off from several BR games now.

Cybsled

RNG early game, but late game things should be pretty even unless you're not pushing areas to get loot and engaging people in the mid game to gear up.

The game even tells you what types of loot spawn in an area (high tier, mid tier, etc), which removes a lot of the guesswork on "where the best stuff spawns".

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Enemy caustic poison needs to be a different color than when i use it. Ive had team mates chilling in the enemy poison due to not knowing it wasnt mine.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Braen Braen Did you get this screen?

I mean how is that even possible. Were were geared to the gills. I know I landed several shots.

mp_rr_canyonlands_64k_x_64k0055.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had a game where we won because I just grenaded the shit out of the last team. They were recovering from a battle with the 3rd squad and I just wrecked them and their downed guys. Did 300+ damage from grenades. But the final screen counted it as like 67 damage because it was 65 to an alive guy, and damage to downed players that kills them always counts as just 1.

Also goof'd on Pathfinder. I am no MoonMoon.

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I really love Bloodhound. His passive and ult are so cool to me I just wish I wasn’t so god damned bad at the game.

I have had some good moments with him where I was able to track down some prey but more often than not I feel like I’m going against people that are hamming the shit out of this game or BR’s in general and just outclass the fuck out of me.

Dear Abby, I suck.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried this and I've come to the conclusion that BR games are just not for me.

For one thing, I suck.

The real reason though, is that in general I find the action in the games to be vastly "uneven" for lack of a better term. You have a game where you are constantly fighting squads after squads, and the next you spend 5 minutes running around looting shit without encountering anyone. You start the game, there's 20 squads, you do nothing and the number is down to 10-12. I prefer something where the action is more consistent.

As far as BR games go though, this was more fun than most. The "ping" system is absolutely awesome.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Braen Braen Did you get this screen?

I mean how is that even possible. Were were geared to the gills. I know I landed several shots.

View attachment 193990
Nope I didn't see that. I usually am just space baring away to get to the next match. I don't need a screen to tell me how bad I sucked...

But you are right. I know we didn't go for 10 minutes not hitting anything.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am pretty sure this is the pinnacle of my BR career and I think i was bleeding out at the time.

2019-02-10 18_49_11-Apex Legends.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am having more fun playing this than I ever did in Fortnite or PUBG. The weapons have a really good feel to them and even though I have only won twice out of probably 50 games, I have a good time each time.

And the Ping system is genius.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The ping system makes me think. Respawn should make the next Battlefield game, except for the sound and engine work.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
This game is growing on me really fast. PUBG was the only BR i really kept enjoying after alternates came out. I worry the map/plays will get old quick, but hopefully they're quick enough to keep pumping out content.

I kinda miss the military sim shooting of PUBG, but if you can just throw that ideal out the window and treat it more like an arena shooter/guns have no recoil + reaction and aim win fights, you can really have a good time. Had two pretty big wins with Cybsled last night, i think the 2nd one I had 12 kills on and the first one was 7. Each exceeding 1k dmg easily.

I did a lot better once I just got a lot more aggressive since you really need to end fights ASAP before getting pinched constantly by other teams joining the fight.

Only real awful thing about the game is the built in voice quality is utter garbage. When pubg does it right in comparison, there's an issue.

• 1Like