Aquaman 2

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i hope if they dont recast her, at least do not truncate the movie and fuck the story because people dont want to see her. if she's in the movie for x amount of time, then leave it be.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i hope if they dont recast her, at least do not truncate the movie and fuck the story because people dont want to see her. if she's in the movie for x amount of time, then leave it be.
Supposedly they wrote her out of some stuff. During the trial the WB guy said there was a big action scene for Mera that was axed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
During the trial the WB guy said there was a big action scene for Mera that was axed.
I thought the "Hollywood Expert" said that. The WB exec claimed that they always planned for Aquaman 2 to be a buddy comedy with a very small part for Mera

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Supposedly they wrote her out of some stuff. During the trial the WB guy said there was a big action scene for Mera that was axed.
yeah, i dont like that bullshit, if it was supposed to be in the final cut and was then cut after the johnny depp stuff. fuck that, put it back in. you only fuck yourself by editing out key moments of a film.

• 1Picard

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought the "Hollywood Expert" said that. The WB exec claimed that they always planned for Aquaman 2 to be a buddy comedy with a very small part for Mera
That could be. Either way both hated her lol.

yeah, i dont like that bullshit, if it was supposed to be in the final cut and was then cut after the johnny depp stuff. fuck that, put it back in. you only fuck yourself by editing out key moments of a film.
I don't think it was ever filmed, I think it got cut in pre-production.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That could be. Either way both hated her lol.

oh ok, something like that happens all the time. there is the famous octupus scene in Goonies which never made it to the theatrical release of the film, but was mentioned at the end of the movie and shown in Cyndi Lauper's Goonies video.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Correct it was never shot. A revised script was returned to her just prior to the start of shooting, it had all action scenes removed and maybe 10 minutes of role total in it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's insanity Momoa and Wan aren't saying hold up this is a mistake, the trial changed our stance, cut her out-- as their own success depends on this movie.

They really dug in with that "we won't let mob rule affect our movie" statement (issued months before the trial even took place) and are sticking to it. It's become a matter of principle for them to keep Amber Heard in this movie.

spronk

FPS noob
things aren't that tight between momoa (aquaman) and Heard, she said Zoe Kravitz is a shitty person for blah blah who gives a shit and thats his step daughter

unlike most hollywood morons though Momoa follows the Chris Pratt rules, don't air your dirty laundry in public

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
According to whom?

Heard.

Comes up again at some point-- but that's all I got off hand. Mentions script was revised and shooting in Aquaman (word "filming" was used here instead) was implied to have not occurred prior to her role being significantly reduced.