Aquaman 2

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I finally got around to watching the first Aquaman a couple weeks ago. I honestly couldn't give a shit less about the sequel. Totally forgettable movie. Also, underwater levels suck.

It goes so far beyond garden variety simping though, it's like they just flat out reject all the indisputable proof of what an insane person she is and venerate her as a saint. Like it would be one thing if you acknowledged that her and Johnny were both terrible people and just chose to side with pussy, but they have their own version of reality in that sub. Found it when I was trying to find a better source for the Momoa thing than 'pinkvilla'.
Mental illness isn't a negative to these people you're talking about. It's basically a purple heart.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Mental illness isn't a negative to these people you're talking about. It's basically a purple heart.
Just like how women love bad boys, men like crazy chicks.

how i met your mother GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is supposed to bomb harder than The Marvels. They're blaming that Heard chick, but I don't think think dudes give a fuck about Johnny Depp. Chicks should still be going for beefcake eye candy. It's gonna bomb because it's a dead end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I question if this is even worth seeing when it hits MAX, forget paying money for theater tickets.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I question if this is even worth seeing when it hits MAX, forget paying money for theater tickets.
Ill take the hit and give a review when it comes out. Ive been in a bed for months and have nothing better to do

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw a couple quick reviews and seems like people are shitting on Momoa for being terrible in it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the bulk of the criticism is centered specifically on Momoa that would put a dent in Gunn's Lobo plans.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is supposed to bomb harder than The Marvels. They're blaming that Heard chick, but I don't think think dudes give a fuck about Johnny Depp. Chicks should still be going for beefcake eye candy. It's gonna bomb because it's a dead end.
The only thing the first movie had going for it was the underwater CGI. Other than that it was a shit movie. Given the strike, Heard bullshit, the utter failures of the other movies around it and people being tired of Hollywoods bullshit this is most definitely going to bomb. I hope it does bomb harder than Marvels did. Not even Drogo can save this already failed movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The only thing the first movie had going for it was the underwater CGI. Other than that it was a shit movie. Given the strike, Heard bullshit, the utter failures of the other movies around it and people being tired of Hollywoods bullshit this is most definitely going to bomb. I hope it does bomb harder than Marvels did. Not even Drogo can save this already failed movie.
I liked the first movie. This is already out in in usual places as a cam. I might get bored and watch it. It sucks they hosed the DCEU . if paramount merges with WB, this might all change again. DC is such a train wreck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I liked the first movie. This is already out in in usual places as a cam. I might get bored and watch it. It sucks they hosed the DCEU . if paramount merges with WB, this might all change again. DC is such a train wreck.
Sell it to Disney so we can finally get the Batman vs Spider-Man movie.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Saw a couple quick reviews and seems like people are shitting on Momoa for being terrible in it.

Mamoa is about as good as the rest of the movie is, which isn't great.

If the bulk of the criticism is centered specifically on Momoa that would put a dent in Gunn's Lobo plans.

He'll be a fine if not perfect Lobo, because that's the character he's playing 3/4 of the time in Aquaman.

Movie was unremarkable. The DCU ends with a ho-hum. Bring on the new stuff.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was like a wannabe Thor movie. Mildly entertaining and instantly forgettable.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Saw this only because the people I go to movies with on Christmas picked it. It was pretty terrible, although not completely dogshit terrible. I despise the jokey Momoa he's been trying for lately. It's almost like he saw Hemsworth do it and thought he could too, but fails miserably. Same with Fast X, Momoa was fucking terrible in that.

Heard was in it more than I expected, to be honest, but still maybe 15 minutes total, tops. The underwater CGI looks like shit to me, maybe I'm the only one. It looks like they all have bad face lifts, and they often are holding their heads in strange positions that don't make any sense to me.

The biggest thing that surprised me about this was that it was more of a buddy cop movie, not the newly crowned King of Atlantis sequel I expected. This was Momoa bro'ing out with whomever they put next to him, with very little rhyme or reason. The normal bad guy was dumb, the ultimate bad guy was even dumber, the super anti-Atlantean weapon was dumb, almost everything Momoa said was dumb, the whole movie was just dumb.

The squid was the only entertaining thing I can remember. I was actually hoping for Amber Heard to poop on a bed or something, might have been better than everything else.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just like how women love bad boys, men like crazy chicks.

how i met your mother GIF

Men like hot. Being crazy doesn't make a chick hotter, it's just an inevitable side effect. Women will literally find the exact same guy more or less attractive based on how much of an asshole they are