Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

Cybsled

First CT kill worldwide was on the CT server. Then some pally ninjalooted and ported to Ecom to sell it, at which point the GM pwned him.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I remember similar drama in Ssra.

On Drinal the Asian zerg guilds kept to themselves and screwed us Euros equally as much as the US guilds until PoP hit and then for some reason they vanished almost overnight.
Which Euro guild were you with? I raided with Dark Moons(?) for a few months after leaving Unconquered.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Which Euro guild were you with? I raided with Dark Moons(?) for a few months after leaving Unconquered.
I was with DMs as well, depends when you joined though, I left just before they broke in to Time. Prior to that I'd been with them since Velious. Spent most of my time on my pally Grizzlebeard but switched to a wizzy called Belial in the latter stages of PoP before I left for FFXI.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I didn't play on Drinal, but, I loved reading about Cats 'n Hats. What happened to Dachande.
frown.png
Think he was eventually banned. Well, he was banned a bunch of times but kept returning as Dachandex, Dachandexx etc. Cats imploded a while back as well with most of their core jumping over to Maelin, including Aakla. Then, ironically, they merged servers and Drinal and Maelin were combined anyway.

This postperfectly sums up Dach for anyone who didn't have the pleasure of knowing him.

frown.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I loved EQ drama and it all stems from non-instanced content.

Grew up on Povar in Harmonium, had most of the server firsts through Kunark. Guild leader was a dumbass and let Triton have all the Trakanon kills (whereas he preferred to farm Venril Sathir). Triton got into VP first for obvious reasons. We moved to Xev to get away from Triton/RA and had free reign of the server for the rest of our days. Had every server first on Xev. Had minor competition with Altera Vita, was fun and not as stressful but the drama couldn't compare to being on Povar.

Silius was Xev server GM for a while. He was bored a lot and would spectate our raids and do stupid shit like turn us into random illusions and sometimes did server-wide messages saying random shit. Eventually he became an EQ designer. I was sad to hear how he drove VG into the ground, I use to be good friends with him and helped him test a lot of his EQ content. He always had good intentions. I never played VG to witness that debacle.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I was with DMs as well, depends when you joined though, I left just before they broke in to Time. Prior to that I'd been with them since Velious. Spent most of my time on my pally Grizzlebeard but switched to a wizzy called Belial in the latter stages of PoP before I left for FFXI.
Thinking back now I think I raided on my Paladin Eonan either that or a rogue named Rygis...it's all a bit fuzzy. It was around the time they broke into Time as well. I seem to remember this chick who played a rogue from the UK her name escapes me at the moment.

Sterling

El Presidente
I loved EQ drama and it all stems from non-instanced content.

Grew up on Povar in Harmonium, had most of the server firsts through Kunark. Guild leader was a dumbass and let Triton have all the Trakanon kills (whereas he preferred to farm Venril Sathir). Triton got into VP first for obvious reasons. We moved to Xev to get away from Triton/RA and had free reign of the server for the rest of our days. Had every server first on Xev. Had minor competition with Altera Vita, was fun and not as stressful but the drama couldn't compare to being on Povar.

Silius was Xev server GM for a while. He was bored a lot and would spectate our raids and do stupid shit like turn us into random illusions and sometimes did server-wide messages saying random shit. Eventually he became an EQ designer. I was sad to hear how he drove VG into the ground, I use to be good friends with him and helped him test a lot of his EQ content. He always had good intentions. I never played VG to witness that debacle.
Xev really had very little drama in general. Although the Synd/Hawkstone Sleeper thing was a bit of a firestorm lol.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Years ago I read some horribly inaccurate writeup on Samanna's (appears to be gone now) that gave a 'history' of classic raiding and basically gave credit for all of the world firsts to guilds other than FoH. According to this not-biased-at-all writeup it appeared the only thing FoH ever did of note was kill Vox when in reality it would be easier to list the things that FoH -didn't- kill first (a short list) Of course it also then listed kills of exploited/bugged mobs and gave credit for those to FoH instead of whoever it was.

I started to respond to it then realized what the fuck I was doing and stopped myself.
Yeah I couldn't care less what some little shit stain wants to start shit over revisionist history, thats why I didn't respond to the insults about my EQ guild.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That stupid misquote meme could work it's way over to EQ:

Picture of Derek Smart

"Everyone knows the first Nagafen kill was on the Stormhammer server, I solo'd it."

-Curt Schilling

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
All this makes me regret playing on a rotation server. Most of the drama was inner guild personal crap.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
After you guys split to Xev Fawy it was never the same. We (Triton) had little to no competition except for RA from time to time.

Little known fact about some old ass drama was that the GM that suspended Tigole and LoS for "exploiting" Vex Thal was a senior officer in our guild. I'm not even sure Zaar knew. That update is probably still on the LoS site somewhere if it is still active. Only a couple of us knew and we couldn't say a word. That would have been a huge shitstorm back then.

I have great memories about awesome kills...but what sticks with me the most is the unparalleled EQ drama.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
After you guys split to Xev Fawy it was never the same. We (Triton) had little to no competition except for RA from time to time.

Little known fact about some old ass drama was that the GM that suspended Tigole and LoS for "exploiting" Vex Thal was a senior officer in our guild. I'm not even sure Zaar knew. That update is probably still on the LoS site somewhere if it is still active. Only a couple of us knew and we couldn't say a word. That would have been a huge shitstorm back then.

I have great memories about awesome kills...but what sticks with me the most is the unparalleled EQ drama.
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2002-08-27

[Tue Aug 27 19:48:00 2002] Blixtev says, 'as you can guess I pulled you in here for pulling the 4th to final mob to the 1st mobs position through use of Z axis exploitation'
[Tue Aug 27 19:48:35 2002] Blixtev says, 'There is ZERO way you could have pulled that mob their legit'
[Tue Aug 27 19:49:16 2002] Henric says, 'are you aware that the original mob that spawns there casts Gflux that pushes you into that room?'
[Tue Aug 27 19:49:31 2002] Blixtev says, 'And you are all given a 1 week suspension to show we do not tolerate guilds using these exploits'
[Tue Aug 27 19:49:36 2002] Henric says, 'please'
[Tue Aug 27 19:50:10 2002] You say, 'please, this is silly. There is precedent for this being considered kosher, and mitigating circumstances abound.'
[Tue Aug 27 19:50:13 2002] Cazan says, 'the Dain pull that has been in for 18 months with no issues that everyone has used to kill 1 mlssssdffff666'
[Tue Aug 27 19:50:16 2002] Blixtev says, 'the upforce on Flip was changed to prevent it from happening'
[Tue Aug 27 19:50:32 2002] Henric says, 'it still happens'
[Tue Aug 27 19:51:40 2002] Henric tells LoS-Officers:2, 'I actually don't knwo what to say.'
[Tue Aug 27 19:51:45 2002] Henric tells LoS-Officers:2, 'I'm furious'
[Tue Aug 27 19:51:50 2002] You say, 'blixtev, could you please explain how the Dain pull is ok to do that way, but mini aten is not?'
[Tue Aug 27 19:52:00 2002] Reynaldo tells LoS-Officers:2, 'yep this is the most homosexual thing i've seen yet out of VI'
[Tue Aug 27 19:52:12 2002] Blixtev says, 'your accts will all be suspended for a period of 7 to 10 days, if you have any questions you can email[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */Do this especially if you do not unsuspend in 10 days'
[Tue Aug 27 19:52:38 2002] Blixtev says, 'there is no content nor warders to prevent you from doing that to the Dain'
[Tue Aug 27 19:52:44 2002] You say, 'could you please be reasonable? this kind of pull has been done forever by every guild on every server for Dain '
[Tue Aug 27 19:53:41 2002] Polonious says, 'do you live in europe by chance?'

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ag & Phoenix who were your toons on Sol Ro? Seeing Darkblood, Mystical Legacy (Chynaa lolll), and Paradign guild names bringing me back.
Gladoitor. Bro wanna know some irony? Your haxin got me kicked out of DB more or less which lead me to joining you guys for like a month before i finally quit.

Cybsled

All this makes me regret playing on a rotation server. Most of the drama was inner guild personal crap.
Oh there was plenty of drama for spawn rotations. I think Cazic Thule (over at the CT Tavern webboard) was pretty much one of the first to have a calender setup for rotations on spawns, purely out of necessity (our server had a ton of end-game capable guilds, which is part of the reason you eventually saw lots of alliances form like the BFA (EOD/TR)...it just helped smooth things along). There was A LOT of shit that went on behind the scenes. Then, of course, you had puppet/piggyback guilds popping up and all sorts of those exploiting bullshit. Eventually the calender died in Kunark/Velious and it became more of a "big dog on the block gets 1st dibs, you guys get leftovers...unless we agree to a rotation" type of deal.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys were on Xegony? I remember Daegarmo. He gave me a ton of free shit when my character "accidently" got deleted. Ah, the good old days of gullible GM's.
Very unlikely Lady D was gullible about anything. If he let you get away with something I can almost certainly assure you it was by choice. He had a great sense for the overall balance that being a good GM requires and was certainly one of the best around. He was also merciless to have as an enemy. When they needed internal company investigation, they would sic him on the suspected person. If there was dirt to be found, he would find it.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I was part of the retard fest that was the rotation board on the Hoss forums, and I can pretty much guarantee that Torrid is correct. Except I was in L`Malla, a guild that followed after Hoss/ML/Vindi. We were the guild that got raped initially by the FFA hilarity, as it turns out. And we let a jaelin's katana rot, which predated the 30 minute inspect timer on corpses. Good times~

Vindication fled because ML decided to perma camp Ntov at respawn after the server went FFA, and Hoss stuck with.. I don't remember =X Wasn't the Sleeper deal like a week before Vindi went full retard? Because I am basically positive that after their night of hilarity that they ended up losing a shitload of spawns that would have been theirs had the rotations continued. L`Malla ended up killing most the Yelinaks/Danes/Tormaxes(ii?) if I recall correctly, largely because all the upgrades for Hoss were AoW (wasn't killed on Druzzil til Post Luclin release, by Hoss) or NTOV/HoT, and also if I remember correctly the vast majority of Hoss folks didn't want to mess up their PoG factions, so they didn't really try Tunare too much. NTOV became a basic no-go once Mythic set up camp because they had like more members than all other "endgame" guilds combined at the time, and could field a raid force at literally any time.

Were I 12 years younger with the same amount of fucks to give as I had during Velious? I would do that shit all over again. Today? Not so much.
I was in Vindication during all of this and if my memory serves me correctly around this time - we knew about 1/3 of the guild wanted to go to Stormhammer, another 1/3 were dropping for WoW/eBaying, and the rest were staying on DRo so we just gave 0 fucks. This was a really, really long time ago so I my timeline could be off. I know at this point the group I hung out with didn't give two shits because we were either transferring or eBaying.