Arcane

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Great show, everything was so good. The final sequence was a great way to cap it and it sets up the sequel nicely. A lot of resolutions but also fresh starts for the next one.

I'm saddened we didn't see full on Viktor yet, they sure are taking their sweet time with his transformation.

They changed it in the show, made it more detailed, but now we finally know the meaning of the wall from Ekko's cinematic.

It'll be really interesting how they handle Warwick. Here's the cinematic they made for him when they did his Visual Update for LoL.

Lastly, I hope season 2 is far enough along that we see it sooner than later and I really really hope they somehow find a way to fire up a 2nd production team and do other LoL stories, since it looks like Arcane 2 will continue this storyline. But doing the MCU strategy and having multiple series that eventually tie together would be everything we could want as long as it remains at this high quality.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well guess I'll have to be content with everything else coming in 2022 instead.
2022 is looking to be a big year for film and TV but no Arcane... sounds like 2023 is possible though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
What the fuck, this is the best thing I've seen on Netflix. How did fucking League of Legends get the first truly good video game adaptation?

Episodes 1+2 are slow emotional build up and honestly a kind of cliche fantasy set up, the Art Deco and Grunge Steampunk settings, acting and animation style carried it.

Episode 3 just turned all of that on it's head, I did not see ANY of that coming. When someone says "You are a <SPOILER>" holy shit I knew the character was in this but I didn't suspect that and I don't play league enough to pick up on hints.

Hyped to see the rest now, not reading the thread as I'm only on episode 5 and don't want to be spoiled after that mind blowing reveal.

• 4Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How did fucking League of Legends get the first truly good video game adaptation?

They said it themselves, they kept all creative rights to it and made it themselves instead of passing off their IP to Hollywood faggots and jew producers. When people who care about the thing they made keep control you get a quality product.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

Is there any particular reason to assume that anyone in the council room survived? With the tone of the show being so dark and the significant changes to the backstories of Jinx and Vi, I don't think we should be assuming Jayce gets to survive almost certain death just for being a champion in the game.
Jayce, cuase hes a champ. I don't think he had his hammer, but it did have force field.

The shimmer on Mel might be hinting at more for her. Also, if Mel dies there, her mother's warmongering would been proven correct. that would seem to go against any moral theme..
in fact, consider, Mel and her mother ALSO mirror the fathers and daughters of Vander/vi/powder, and Silco/jinx. Vander makes deals for his kids, and sacrifices himself. Silco raises a weapon.. then also makes deals, and sacrifices himself(sortof. but silco himself very expressly says he understands now) mama Medarda however is largely the counterpoint. she banishes her daughter to prevent herself from getting attached to that "weakness".
so, ok, it could be to make Ambessa more of a monster. She uses her kids like tools. but then ambessa versus the kids isn't as strong morally.

Mel badly injured, taken out for awhile, allowing her mother to take over. but then returning and siding with Caitlyn, jayce, against her mother is stronger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Is there any particular reason to assume that anyone in the council room survived? With the tone of the show being so dark and the significant changes to the backstories of Jinx and Vi, I don't think we should be assuming Jayce gets to survive almost certain death just for being a champion in the game.

I think either they're all blown up with a couple survivors or none of them are.

We don't actually see an explosion and it wouldn't be much of a hand-wave to say that the folks who have become extremely wealthy because of technology that teleports airships across the planet would have the foresight to protect their most powerful leaders. I'd be disappointed if they pull that punch for sure, but the ingredients for that outcome are all in the story already.

More likely there is a massive explosion but with Jayce and a couple other survivors. It would then be a solid motivation for the survivors to harden their position against Zaun. If Jayce is injured and Mel dies, it could become the keystone of his arc that finally forces him to assume his role as Piltover's leadership, weaponize hextech and to cooperate with Noxus.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This ain't game of thrones they aren't gonna kill off major characters off screen that easily. There is plenty of character death in this season so far, while I am sure some of council will eat it. I would bet with 99% certainty Jayce is gonna live at the very least.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This ain't game of thrones they aren't gonna kill off major characters off screen that easily. There is plenty of character death in this season so far, while I am sure some of council will eat it. I would bet with 99% certainty Jayce is gonna live at the very least.

I expect the explosion will be the first thing we see on season 2. And yea, there is no way Viktor dies before becoming his champion self, he has the power of the hex core and already can withstand that power on his own, so he for sure lives. Maybe he instinctively creates a shield that saves the council idk. We see the hextech having a mind of its own in a few areas, as well as being able to create a shield when needed (vi battle).

Which was pretty cool since vi in LoL creates a shield, nice tie in there.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I know that everyone in this thread is a massive Imagine Dragons fan, but some of us didn't know that Riot actually made an dedicated music video of the intro song with the band and a guest rapper.

I never watched the whole thing because it's not my vibe, but I finally sat through it and it is a kick in the feels after finishing the first season and knowing where poor little Powpow ends up:

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well guess I'll have to be content with everything else coming in 2022 instead.
2022 is looking to be a big year for film and TV but no Arcane... sounds like 2023 is possible though.

I wonder if their animators had a similar situation to The Dragon Prince, they knew there would be a delay before the next season(s) and released the staff to work on other projects. Even after being greenlit for more the studio has to wait for the band to come back together before resuming full production.

edit: grammar

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

This just killed me. The fact that they got him to do this and then didn't say a fucking thing until the episode was released is...*chef's kiss*

I have now resorted to extortion to get people to watch this. So far its been rather successful as I just got a phone call from a friend who is anti-gaming anti-animation and anti-superhero / fantasy and he wanted to know if there was more somewhere.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I dont do it often with TV shows (only once in the past for expanse) but i am 100% rewatching this.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor

This just killed me. The fact that they got him to do this and then didn't say a fucking thing until the episode was released is...*chef's kiss*

I saw his name in the opening credits and I thought "like, THE Sting?".

But it was short-lived because the next name in the credits was someone named "Fantastic Negrito".

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I dont do it often with TV shows (only once in the past for expanse) but i am 100% rewatching this.
definitely. theres TONS of symbolism everywhere. the eyes. eye color. all sorts of visual callbacks. Jayce at the ledge, Victor interrupting him... then later Victor at the pipe.. and Jayce interrupting. Jayces mug having his own face on it.. Zaun overlook, reflecting the opening Piltover one.. The end, Caitlyn crying, cutting directly to her mom voting.. vi grabing Powder, like Vander grabbing silco. Sky being the girl with Victor and the boat as a kid.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What the fuck, this is the best thing I've seen on Netflix. How did fucking League of Legends get the first truly good video game adaptation?

Uh they didn't? Castlevania did.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor

Between rewatching each act while waiting for the next one and rewatching the last act on HDR, I've probably rewatched the whole season a couple times by now.