Arcane

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The shot makes me think of Graves bc the focus of the frame is on the cigar and he's the cigar guy.

The top hat and body makes me think TF, bc he's skinny af and the only fella with a top hat.
Could just be Silco. Frame fits and he also smokes cigars.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
So last Saturday I waited till around 7PM to catch the stream since the first act didn't drop till 7PM on release. But then I started seeing tweets and posts about the second act way before then.

What time did the 2nd act become available last Saturday then? Just midnight?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So last Saturday I waited till around 7PM to catch the stream since the first act didn't drop till 7PM on release. But then I started seeing tweets and posts about the second act way before then.

What time did the 2nd act become available last Saturday then? Just midnight?

Should be midnight pacific, about an hour from now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus fucking Christ that was amazing and that’s an understatement, just wow.

100% entirely satisfying ending while still leaving so many threads open to move forward with.

The writing on this show has been nothing short of exceptional, every single character is great. The way they move the story along never afraid to go to some very dark places in order to elevate the story. It is satisfying on so many levels.

A masterpiece in my opinion.

Fuck that ending was amazing.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit. That was knocked so far out of the park that you can't even see the park anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Outstanding ending.

My only disappointment now is logging into LoL to get my next fix. Shame they couldn't get an ARPG or MMO set in Piltover/Zaun out in time. I've already had a few friends saying they wanna try league after seeing the show and I've had to wave them all off because it's nothing like the show.

Maybe I'll try that Ruined King game, it's gotten decent reviews but I'm not much into those turn-based JRPG-alikes.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best animation show I’ve seen, loved this. If western animation was all like this there would be no weebs. Genuinely can’t believe the production values here, and the animation is as good as anything I’ve ever seen, blows away gay jap shit. I knew nothing about Riots universe really (hopefully they make a game in a not dogshit genre someday) but the show really makes you want to dive in more.

10/10

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Outstanding ending.

My only disappointment now is logging into LoL to get my next fix. Shame they couldn't get an ARPG or MMO set in Piltover/Zaun out in time. I've already had a few friends saying they wanna try league after seeing the show and I've had to wave them all off because it's nothing like the show.

Maybe I'll try that Ruined King game, it's gotten decent reviews but I'm not much into those turn-based JRPG-alikes.

I have to admit I am curious about LoL after watching this just because I want to know more about the characters. This show has been fucking amazing, the best way I can express it is every single episode I was left wanting more, I was interested and invested in the characters, I wanted to know more of the backstory. The ending of this left you wanting to load up the next immediately. It isn't that they just had solid animation it was that they actually built a rich and compelling story.

One I finished this Netflix recommended Cowboy BeBop remake, what a stark contract from an utterly amazing show to a massive runny dog turd in the middle of your living room floor.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah at this point I think it will be, at minimum, extremely awkward if Arcane doesn't sweep the Emmy Awards for anything even vaguely related to animation, visual effects and sound. I wouldn't be shocked if it becomes the first animated anything to win the best show category.

It will be nigh impossible for Netflix to resist another season. But since the production was entirely self-financed by Riot, the better question would be if Netflix has a lock on distributing the next season since Tencent Video retained the streaming rights to Asia and the app is already being sold in the West.

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
After the disappointment of the cowboy bebop dumpster fire, this show was a welcome breath of fresh air

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm surprised how bad I felt for Jinx. But I also didn't even know she was supposed to be a villain before this, the other animation she's been in was always kind of endearingly crazy. Is the Odyssey Jinx an alternate reality or something? Cause she seemed like a mostly normal person in that.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm surprised how bad I felt for Jinx. But I also didn't even know she was supposed to be a villain before this, the other animation she's been in was always kind of endearingly crazy. Is the Odyssey Jinx an alternate reality or something? Cause she seemed like a mostly normal person in that.
Fuck Jinx.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ahh binged all three episodes of Act 3 this AM. Very pleased with how everything was resolved.

Additional spoiler comments:
The above is a lie -- What the actual fuck?!?? You goddamn cocktease bastards with that cliffhanger?!??

There were more questions raised than resolutions, not to mention the obvious links to Noxus that they can now incorporate.

Absolutely stunning third act with both amazing character moments and incredible visuals. If there is a semi benevolent deity this will get the attention of all the award generating people's.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm surprised how bad I felt for Jinx. But I also didn't even know she was supposed to be a villain before this
She's not really a villain, at least not as she's portrayed in the runeterra card game. She's a reflection of Zaun as a culture and is pretty much considered the "Champion" of Zaun in the present day. She's become the poster girl of LoL for the last couple years and now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense since they've been working on this show for the last half-decade.

I dunno about Odyssey Jinx but Sailor Moon Jinx was the frosty tsundere of the group:

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Also that Vander = Warwick thing is gonna be an argument till the next season now:

• 3Like