Arcane

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yep, Riot's gonna go the whole MCU route with multiple shows in the LoL universe. Via Forbes:

Forbes said:
Looking to the future, Riot says that it will continue to partner with animation studio Fortiche for not just Arcane season 2, but other projects:

“Arcane' is the launch pad for what I believe will be many stories," Spenley said. "We're going to double down with Fortiche in building out stories in the 'Arcane' visual style.”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
As of November 24, Arcane is now #1 Globally on Netflix's official top 10.... by a huge margin of 8 million more hours than Tiger King Season 2:

arcanetop10.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was annoyed that this show was separated into three different dates, but the show itself was fantastic. If a season 2 is announced, Ill be really hyped.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was annoyed that this show was separated into three different dates, but the show itself was fantastic. If a season 2 is announced, Ill be really hyped.

It's already been announced bud, but it's probably a couple years out still.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My mom texted me today asking if I'd heard of this and claims it's the best thing she's ever seen on Netflix. She's 74 lol.

Riot execs must be having such massive coke parties right now.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
My mom texted me today asking if I'd heard of this and claims it's the best thing she's ever seen on Netflix. She's 74 lol.

Riot execs must be having such massive coke parties right now.

Pretty much.

nu_11

Watched Ep 1. Know nothing about LoL.

Boring. I really don't give a shit about homeless zoomer kids. At least the DOTA series started with killing a dragon then grabbing a beer.
Watched Ep 2.

Also boring. Practically nothing happened. They guards are looking for the zoomer kids (bleh) and the guy who was researching magic and "destroyed" the building was expelled.

There's probably some foreshadowing for some people who know LoL but those little nuggets mean nothing to me.

• 1Edgelord

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished it up. Definitely a super solid show. A few parts were a little formulaic early on, but there really wasn't anything I'd call bad. The show definitely gets better in the second half where there's a lot more adult themes and gray characters. The sharp turns and unexpected happenings as we got deepering into things made this show a very enjoyable ride. Lots of bluehair diversity nonsense on the screen, but they never once clobbered me on the head with it so it never bothered me. Show definitely had a lot of very cool artistic things going on.

About the only criticism I can level is that I think this show probably stands out a bit more than it should, because so much of its competition is utter shite. I'd put it on par with invicible, which I enjoyed a ton. So, looking forward to more!

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This was really quite superb. Even if you never touched League for a single day or even heard of it this would be great shit.

Excellent character development for many of the Piltover and Zaun champions we know and love. I wonder what they'll bring out next.

Where is my Dr. Mundo?!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Watched Ep 2.

Also boring. Practically nothing happened. They guards are looking for the zoomer kids (bleh) and the guy who was researching magic and "destroyed" the building was expelled.

There's probably some foreshadowing for some people who know LoL but those little nuggets mean nothing to me.

Can't please everyone, don't worry there are plenty of shows out there for retards with zero taste.

You sound like someone who watches

Storage Wars, Hoarders, and Whores of Trash County.

Don't worry they will still make retarded slop for you.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

nu_11

Can't please everyone, don't worry there are plenty of shows out there for retards with zero taste.

You sound like someone who watches

Storage Wars, Hoarders, and Whores of Trash County.

Don't worry they will still make retarded slop for you.
🧂
its-still.gif

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
She was on Jimmy Fallon the other day promoting Hawkeye on national TV, and while she was dolled up pretty good, I've never really seen Hailee Steinfeld as a great beauty. But she's almost unrecognizable at home in her pajamas promoting her voice acting gig:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Watched Ep 2.

I was the same, it's a standard but slow fantasy setup (orphans steal mcguffins, genius is misunderstood) with an interesting world to build and fresh animation style.

Initially.

Watch episode 3 and get back to us. The less you know about League of Legends the better episode 3 is, knowing a character name and missing those little nuggets as you say made something a HUGE twist moment for me.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

nu_11

I was the same, it's a standard but slow fantasy setup (orphans steal mcguffins, genius is misunderstood) with an interesting world to build and fresh animation style.

Initially.

Watch episode 3 and get back to us. The less you know about League of Legends the better episode 3 is, knowing a character name and missing those little nuggets as you say made something a HUGE twist moment for me.
I watched Episode 3 and 4.

Some stuff finally happened in ep 3. Probably a bit ham-fisted that brother v brother turned into sister v sister. The reasoning for that was childish, seeing as powder got her friends killed and she just expected to be forgiven? I guess it’s okay because powder IS a kid but at least Simba (The Lion King) has the balls to fuck off and mind his own business elsewhere after killing his dad. If they expect me to accept emo kid just because she’s a fuck up… well I have no sympathy. 7/10 overall rating

Episode 4. Emo kid grew into emo teen. Setting the stage for stable energy source? Jayce continues to be a black-hole of charisma. Not quite 7/10 overall rating.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I too give movies a final rating when I’m 1/3rd the way through them!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is called efficiency.
Hah. I get criticism as it goes along. Agree that Jayce isn’t a likeable character, and the show starts fairly slow. I wasn’t blown away at the beginning other than the incredible visuals. The wrap up of everything and growth of characters by the end made it exceptional.

• 1Like