Arcane

Chris

Potato del Grande
I watched Episode 3 and 4.

Some stuff finally happened in ep 3. Probably a bit ham-fisted that brother v brother turned into sister v sister. The reasoning for that was childish, seeing as powder got her friends killed and she just expected to be forgiven? I guess it’s okay because powder IS a kid but at least Simba (The Lion King) has the balls to fuck off and mind his own business elsewhere after killing his dad. If they expect me to accept emo kid just because she’s a fuck up… well I have no sympathy. 7/10 overall rating

Episode 4. Emo kid grew into emo teen. Setting the stage for stable energy source? Jayce continues to be a black-hole of charisma. Not quite 7/10 overall rating.
Well it's not a hard break in the relationship, it's being seperated due to circumstances.

I'm up to ep 5 I think, I assume that more is going to happen to seperate them.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hah. I get criticism as it goes along. Agree that Jayce isn’t a likeable character, and the show starts fairly slow. I wasn’t blown away at the beginning other than the incredible visuals. The wrap up of everything and growth of characters by the end made it exceptional.
Jayce being an unlikable cunt seems intentional. He's the kind of Chad asshole where everything in his life goes in his favor constantly even his wild gambles but he still won't stop being a whiney cunt about woe is me shit.

Really stuck it to me when he didn't even remember his partner for the past 20 years was actually from Zaun and was more concerned about how it looked for him.

Fuck Jayce.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Jayce is almost literally Iron man amusingly. Just without the heart issue. Which was foisted onto Victor.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Heimerdinger being really out of touch for more than just eccentric reasons was good too. In the new retcon Yordles are effectively immortal as they are fae creatures not just furry humanoids now. He simply doesn't care about spending 50 years on some minor thing and always cautions doing nothing. Absent mindedly not realizing his inaction led to a lot of the differences between piltover and Zaun.

Props to riot for not being afraid to actually retcon their shit for the better.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Heimerdinger being really out of touch for more than just eccentric reasons was good too. In the new retcon Yordles are effectively immortal as they are fae creatures not just furry humanoids now. He simply doesn't care about spending 50 years on some minor thing and always cautions doing nothing. Absent mindedly not realizing his inaction led to a lot of the differences between piltover and Zaun.

Props to riot for not being afraid to actually retcon their shit for the better.
I liked that about his character too. He was just “better just to not do anything” which is how an immortal would probably be. Don’t like change, take things super slow. Doesn’t really pay attention to short lived people’s suffering.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Jayce is almost literally Iron man amusingly. Just without the heart issue. Which was foisted onto Victor.
I didn’t get that from his character. He wasn’t rich, wasn’t brilliant. He just was gifted that stone as a kid and obsessed over it. Also don’t use “almost literally” on this board. wtf man?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Veigar could theoretically show up since he was some Noxian warlord's (probably Swain's) prisoner/slave around this time. He eventually escapes, which may coincide with the show's timeline.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The story was fantastic, but from my own desire I just wanted to see more of the world in this show. So hopefully when season 2 comes out, they’ve incorporated more than just a handful of places.

Im a bit shallow on some of this cause I hated half the cast cause I hated playing them in League. 😂 Next season will probably have that stupid rock bitch I hate playing, too!

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Christ this was good
It's ruined animated television for me. It's just too good. I can't even sit through Blade Runner Black Lotus because of lingering comparisons to Arcane; and I was seriously hyped for that.

In fact, we rewatched Into the Spiderverse just because graphically it's the closest thing to Arcane. Although the movie is still amazing, it never strays beyond its lane as a young-adult superhero/comic-book genre piece. Arcane has managed to transcend its genre with the script's impeccable restraint.

If I had to compare it to any other animation, I would have to go all the way back to Akira or Grave of the Fireflies.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Makes me wish The Dragon Prince would redo the animation to be consistent with S3 but no one's going to spend the money and time on that. Arcane is amazing graphically right from the start.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Riot/Tencent needs to buy up that studio (if they haven't already) before those fuckbags at Disney do

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Riot/Tencent needs to buy up that studio (if they haven't already) before those fuckbags at Disney do

I was just about to say, the only negative of this show is riot is owned by tencent

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished, what the fuck. That's WAY darker than I expected.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just finished, what the fuck. That's WAY darker than I expected.
james franco GIF

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like