Arcane

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I like that song but I really dig the cover of "Rise" they made for their new turn-based RPG that came out on Steam early access (like, today):

The original version was for the 2018 world championships cinematics performed by Glitch Mob:

Saw that. Was like wait what? Trailer released...same day as the game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Saw that. Was like wait what? Trailer released...same day as the game.

They released like four games today, but this one has been announced for a couple years, they just went radio silent since then. I think the others are meant to be mobile games, which is Tencent's primary market, but this one isn't on android or ios at all. It's on nintendo switch so I'm sure they've got a mobile version in the works.

This one looks pretty interesting if you're into the isometric turn-based RPG style, but it definitely oozes that LoL look. Plus it's got Missfortune and Ahri:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They released like four games today, but this one has been announced for a couple years, they just went radio silent since then. I think the others are meant to be mobile games, which is Tencent's primary market, but this one isn't on android or ios at all. It's on nintendo switch so I'm sure they've got a mobile version in the works.

This one looks pretty interesting if you're into the isometric turn-based RPG style, but it definitely oozes that LoL look. Plus it's got Missfortune and Ahri:

Think that vid sold me. Gonna pick it up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Think that vid sold me. Gonna pick it up.

Bunch of ppl streaming it now if you wanna take a look first. I kinda want to say that they released them all to coincide with the buzz around Arcane but the one or all of the devs got hit with COVID delays so they were late, but that particular game was obviously designed to coincide with their Ruination mega-event from around the summer.

In which case, it's waaay late.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ruined King is the first game they made as part of their "Riot Forge" program... which basically means 3rd party developers making games using the LoL IP.

• 2Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Ruined King is the first game they made as part of their "Riot Forge" program... which basically means 3rd party developers making games using the LoL IP.

I kinda get why they'd go quiet after announcing it a couple years ago: the whole game is based on the Ruination event that wouldn't start until early this year---almost a year after the game was announced. Viego and his queen are actually in some of the promo footage. They were careful not to include any of that in the trailer they released with PS5 event last year but the game itself more or less announces the Ruination event that wouldn't start for a few more months:

But then someone derped and they weren't ready to coincide with the Ruination event so they must've just decided to ride the Arcane hype train later in the year.

Last edited:

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
New sneak peak has the first shots of Vi with her gauntlets and Mel's mom. She's not Camille or any other champion, though.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Clearly Ekko at 0:37 with the board on his back standing next to Caitlyn.

Is Mel's family from Noxus I wonder? Boat at 0:18 looks Noxian as well as the weapons of her guard & the colors & style of their garb.

I hope we get a full 3 episodes with Vi & Jayce using their hextech weapons.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Is Mel's family from Noxus I wonder? Boat at 0:18 looks Noxian as well as the weapons of her guard & the colors & style of their garb.
Yeah I guess they're making House Medarda either originate from Noxus or have some roots from there since Mel's large painting was the Immortal Bastion in Noxus with some Noxian warships in the foreground.

I love how this screencap looks like a painting within a painting. Every frame in this show looks like concept artwork:

Noxus-in-Arcane.jpg

She must've been painting from memory of this:

5a709bcb74758f2951000001.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I hope we get a full 3 episodes with Vi & Jayce using their hextech weapons.

This.

I've enjoyed the development, but enough foreplay already. Let's see some epic fight scenes!

• 2Like

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this show is great. beautifully animated, cool story. burned through all the episodes last night and was disappointed having to wait for the rest.

also imagine dragons is gay

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
This.

I've enjoyed the development, but enough foreplay already. Let's see some epic fight scenes!

I get the feeling Act III will be a setup for a broader conflict that will rope in Noxus and Demacia at the very least. Heimerdinger has mentioned how magic has destroyed "nations" several times now and we haven't seen the fallout from his removal. He's already declared that he would have the hexcores destroyed one way or another. I'm sensing that removing him from the council wouldn't be enough to dissuade him from saving civilization lol.

Either he batphones Teemo and Veigar or just appeals to the anti-magic Demacians, who were literally founded to suppress magic.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I think getting their brand promoted inside other colossal platforms like PUBG, Fornite and Among Us is a way, way bigger flex than getting it projected onto the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. That was just a gimmick, this gets it into millions of eyeballs. Prolly cost an order of magnitude more too.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
this show is great. beautifully animated, cool story. burned through all the episodes last night and was disappointed having to wait for the rest.

also imagine dragons is gay
All of the episodes are out actually. There's a website called soap2day dot com where I watch basically everything and every episode is on it.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
All of the episodes are out actually. There's a website called soap2day dot com where I watch basically everything and every episode is on it.
ok I took the bait and went there, I only see ep 1-6 on their site. I assume next you'll say they took 7-9 down or they are behind a secret door.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I use soap2day because Netflix can eat my ass. They release episodes as they are aired, not by magic.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
ok I took the bait and went there, I only see ep 1-6 on their site. I assume next you'll say they took 7-9 down or they are behind a secret door.

On that note people have been saying that the whole show has been more or less complete since this teaser was released more than two years ago at their 10th year anniversary (October 2019). Since there's footage in it from the two acts that have been released so far, that sounds plausible.

But then there's a character in it that we haven't seen yet who may even be a champion. The guy with the oversized tophat who shows up twice in the teaser:

Here's a screencap of him. It's possible he may have just been cut but considering the costs of composing and animating entire character scenes it's unlikely. Plus the beard makes me think it's Ryze, who we may have seen earlier in the show in Jayce's intro.

tophat2.png