Archeage

Cybsled

If I were him I'd datamine what caused the most people to quit and fix those, but yea it is a bit late.

People quitting for lack of land should come back because there's tons available now for cheap due to the crazy (but good) tax rates now. Maybe it has been for awhile and I'm only just noticing because the trade channel finally works.

I wonder if they still think it is great emergent gameplay to let a jackass in his farm cart (that is apparently made of neutron star material) block a bridge / entrance / doorway. Every friend I had in the game emergently quit in an emergent way because of that.

My biggest problem is that we never make it to peace in any of the conflict zones anymore. My gameplay consists of doing my starry star quests once a day and spending my labor on tax certs, sitting on a giant mountain of materials that would normally be made into hellswamp or cinderstone packs. Usually we make it to danger 5, then the server crashes, or we get a maintenance, or a patch or something.
One of the main reasons I want the Timber Coupe is because it is the only pack hauling vehicle that can get past the blockades without using rider's escape.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got my characters to 54 and 53 for my main / buffbot, respectively. I'm loving the feel of third floor and the variety of mobs compared to 1st and 2nd. Also not being forced to set up shop in some nook and/or cranny is always a plus. They'd be 55 already if I hadn't slipped into a coma and slept throughout the entirety of Saturday / Sunday.

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Enjoying library some, actually the grinding mobs endlessly isn't a big deal, I like diablo lol. I can't speak for my guildies tho, or my daughter so on their behalf, I have come seeking wisdom! First my daughter she wants those new costumes, what is it the scraps, skeins and disciples tears, yea I have seen very few and I have the most grinding done. Any secrets or tips you all can give a guy to make his little girl happy?

Also leveling I have many in my guild still at 50 struggling to stick with it, trying experia plants too they just can't hang with the grind, grouping up we have a tank, ranged dps, melee dps and cleric as the main group then usually adding in another ranged dps for 5 and they complain the xp numbers go down... Any locations inside, types of mobs that can be easily chewed thru, I have them all getting their dailies and bounties but just trying to lessen the "burden" they seem to have. Any help with the above is much appreciated gents!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I quit because RMT, hacking, and exploits destroyed the economy and it's too late to roll everything back. I quit because my client would crash every 1-2 hours and Trion's support had no clue why. I quit because the NA/EU specific changes were awful for the most part and made no sense to put in. I quit because Trion lied about player factions being broken.

The list goes on. Nothing is going to get me to return to this game.
For me the big one was that PVP literally had no purpose. Without a justification for PVPing, I got bored fast.

Plus the crafting was a pile of dog shit. Oh, and your post reminds me that everything Trion did was a lie.

Morsakin

What spec does your buff bot have and how valuable do you really think it is?
Cleric; I can post the exact skillset when I get home as I'm still at work.

It's an invaluable asset whether I'm solo'ing or grinding with friends.

I generally fun fully potted because 1) I'm generally outnumbered and two-boxing and 2) I can afford to given that I make multiple clubhead runs each day.

That being said, at max Bulwark tick my defensive capabilities are about 9.9K M. Def / 9.4K P. Def; can post a screenshot when I get home if you'd like.

Bloody Chantey adds on average an additional 20% attack damage and 20% attack speed
Bulwark Ballad provides an additional P. Def / M. Def that on average puts it on par with say, a pair of T2 Defense Potions. Think it's 960-1440 range.
Quick Step to send my movement speed into "meep meep" territory.

Then Mana Infuse that I rotate in-between song refreshes + meditate to make her a self-replenishing endless mana battery.

This is of course before she hits 55 and gets Whirlwind's Blessing (stacked on top of bloody chantey) to add an additional 20% attack speed and movement speed while debuffing enemies' same stats by 15% within.. 30m I believe.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For me the big one was that PVP literally had no purpose. Without a justification for PVPing, I got bored fast.

Plus the crafting was a pile of dog shit. Oh, and your post reminds me that everything Trion did was a lie.
One of the things I'm struggling with in ArcheAge is that as we move past the 55 game and start planning for the next phase I'm taking a look at all the ways to organize my guild and lead them in a useful and meaningful way. Unfortunately every route I can think of is PvE centric. Kraken runs, Serpentis farming, helping get stragglers to 55, farming library bosses, farming Obsidian weapons, reminding people that fishing is now excellent wealth generation, helping educate people on trade runs etc.

Even on Kyrios there aren't enough fishing raids to make pirating them efficient and cross-continent trade runs are scarce. There's chances for PvP, but it's generally for funsies rather than fighting over real territory. Pre-library the only way I could guarantee a fight is I raiding the enemy's CR raid, and even though we could go there and obliterate the reds it's not a real fight because their reaction is usually to just leave rather than ruck up and fight.

This game is perfect for continuous wealth generation via risk in a PvP environment, but the current setup removes any chance of that from happening. Literally all they'd have to do is make a lucrative trade route from the southern continents deep into Auroria and this game would have tons of PvP.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Literally all they'd have to do is make a lucrative trade route from the southern continents deep into Auroria and this game would have tons of PvP.
Or it would force non-PvP people to actually travel through gankzones ; you're gonna rob them 3-4 times before they quit the game because in Archeage risk is somewhat high and penalty is at worst afking for 30-45 minutes a day. Or they'll stick to safe tradepack runs. During release I did a lot of GTA : Austera mugging, stealing merchant ships and extort fishermen, it was a lot of fun, then again you figure most people you robbed juste quit the game or went into safe runs. And now they have Library to farm stuff. Heh.

I had a lot of fun in Archeage. It was short though. This game should have been awesome. It's just not.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Or it would force non-PvP people to actually travel through gankzones ; you're gonna rob them 3-4 times before they quit the game because in Archeage risk is somewhat high and penalty is at worst afking for 30-45 minutes a day. Or they'll stick to safe tradepack runs. During release I did a lot of GTA : Austera mugging, stealing merchant ships and extort fishermen, it was a lot of fun, then again you figure most people you robbed juste quit the game or went into safe runs. And now they have Library to farm stuff. Heh.

I had a lot of fun in Archeage. It was short though. This game should have been awesome. It's just not.
I'd rather have my enemies quit when I confront them than not be able to confront my enemies. Right now we're in a pseudo war with another respectable guild on our faction and the opportunity for us to fight eachother is so limited it's laughable.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Yea I'd rather not risk it. Maybe someday when I have some gear, but right now I haven't even spent my skill points. My hotbar is full of seeds to plant instead of combat moves.

Having said that though I had my isp dump me today in halcyona with 10 minutes of peace left. Hackshield got stuck unable to update for awhile. I got back in long enough to see my car had been stolen before it dumped me again. I left for work at that point and came back dead so my first pvp death and lost packs!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Enjoying library some, actually the grinding mobs endlessly isn't a big deal, I like diablo lol. I can't speak for my guildies tho, or my daughter so on their behalf, I have come seeking wisdom! First my daughter she wants those new costumes, what is it the scraps, skeins and disciples tears, yea I have seen very few and I have the most grinding done. Any secrets or tips you all can give a guy to make his little girl happy?

Also leveling I have many in my guild still at 50 struggling to stick with it, trying experia plants too they just can't hang with the grind, grouping up we have a tank, ranged dps, melee dps and cleric as the main group then usually adding in another ranged dps for 5 and they complain the xp numbers go down... Any locations inside, types of mobs that can be easily chewed thru, I have them all getting their dailies and bounties but just trying to lessen the "burden" they seem to have. Any help with the above is much appreciated gents!
So I've only ever grinded out Scraps, but the best thing to do is make a bunch of Tyranneus's Indexes (they're not exactly called that, we just called them Indexes) then just solo farm mobs on the first floor for hours until you get all the scraps. The build you want to use is Sorcery/Witchcraft/Auramancy, taking Fireball, Mudhand, Enervate, Feign Death, Baleful Recharge, Witchcraft Mastery, and Meditation. This will allow you to pretty much infinitely farm mobs on the first floor without ever running out of Health or Mana. I did it at level 50 in Maggy gear and it was moderately easy, so if you're level 52 or even 51 it should be a complete cakewalk.

You can group up to kill the mobs even faster, and then just pass on all the scraps so your daughter gets them.

For levelling, you need to pop Indexes and do all the dailies/bounties/etc, then just grind, grind, grind. Experia patches are mostly a waste of money and farm space IMO, you could be putting woodlots there so you can have Earthmana leaves for making Indexes. I CANNOT stress enough how important these Indexes are. When you have an Index up, you can mow down mobs like you would AoE grinding level 50 mobs in Auroria.

Morsakin

Is it me or have Auroria seemingly increased? I ask because we saw three divine garden gear drops in two separate instances totaling around 45 minutes of farming for basic obsidian mats, and I've heard similar reports from friends who were farming for their respective obsidian mats. Please sweet fluffy jesus let this be the case; I've already spent a good 50 hours minimum farming for the move speed cloak.

Edit: Well, server maintenance set back the clock on twelve of my experia patches by roughly 18 hours. Oh joy.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
KR 1.8 disables PvP in housing zones unless it's War time.

Let me say that again.

KR 1.8 disables PvP in housing zones unless it's War time.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
wtf that doesnt make any sense haha. they might as well just remove pvp. i get the feeling xl doesnt really know what direction they want to take this game

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No way to confirm it, since I don't read Korean, but one of the comments on the reddit article about these patch notes claims that one of the comments on the original article states that it's only non-pvpinsidehouses.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
No way to confirm it, since I don't read Korean, but one of the comments on the reddit article about these patch notes claims that one of the comments on the original article states that it's only non-pvpinsidehouses.
My friend who still plays KR told me it's everywhere in housing zones. I'll ask him to stream and see if it's the whole housing zones or just inside houses.

Morsakin

If I recall a video was already posted, whether it was on the subreddit or the official forums I can't recall, showcasing someone safe-zone hopping between the housing zone boundary on the KR version.

Unrelated: Just saw Fine Fire Lunarite for 1g each. 1g. I heard "Mine" seagulls from Finding Nemo as I proceeded to buy out all 89 of them.