Archeage

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a real estate noob in AAU, I'm happy with my paltry 8x8 Farm and 16x16 Cottage. After seeing ppl hovering around the areas I first wanted to try ( Mahadevi / Silent Forest ), I've decided to get land down in Sunbite. Seems to be plenty of space there, and the tradepacks make some profit.

Just curious though, is the lvl50 quest for the 16x16 Farm unrelated to the Blue Salt quest that wants you to make a Farm Cart? The materials for that cart seem a bit intimidating to get right now.

Molten Core Raider
Yes, it's a separate quest chain. You can actually start the chain in your 30s, it begins in your factions capital city from a Blue Salt guy. In the 16x16 quest chain you will get your donkey and make your first trade run. Once you complete that initial trade run you have to be 50 for the next quest to show up (it will be offered by someone at the trade center where you delivered that first pack), which is the quest to take a cargo pack across to the other continent.

Zhakrin

Trakanon Raider
Kaylin land rush is in a couple hours, I really had to push it to get to 50 and finish the trade quests last night, was up til 4am and just woke up, sitting in queue.

Whoever was selling ground grain last night made a fucking fortune and sadly I helped...64 gold for 270 ground grain! A short term loss for a long term gain though *shrug*

I'm also hoping for a spot near lacton but we'll see. I barely made it to 50 last night with working and I haven't been screwing off when I have been home. Without spending most of yesterday at aegis island I wouldn't have my 16x16 so I'm sure the land rush wont be as chaotic.

in the Kaylin queue myself right now, thought getting in 2 hours early would give me lots of time...

55 mins to rush and 300th in line

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
in the Kaylin queue myself right now, thought getting in 2 hours early would give me lots of time...

55 mins to rush and 300th in line

I hope you make it! I had a 600 queue and got in within 30 minutes.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Haha I remember that other continent quest. 400 enemies waiting to murder you the second you step off the boat.

Is Kaylin the steam server?

Zhakrin

Trakanon Raider
yes its the steam server.

Ya i remember that too, as long as you got close you got the complete, dont think anyone ever turned in a pack

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Managed to get my 8x8 and 2 16x16s south of lacton without any competition. Only one guy next to my plots got screwed, unless they were friends sharing space.

Many people came by but I guess the fear of fighting for the spots and potentially getting nothing was enough to keep them moving.

Zhakrin

Trakanon Raider
Got my halo Hollow spots, not quite as close to the merchants as when i played the 1st time (had the land right in front) but got down my 8x8 and 4 16x's (had a 2nd account that i ran up to 30 gilda)

Didn't help my 2nd computer's wireless keyboard glitched the minute i started placing land, also glad i had a couple labor pots on my main since i was short on certs (only made it to lvl 48)

Molten Core Raider
Any of you guys completed the story quest "A Shocking Truth"? Quest tells me to go to Kroloal Cradle to find a dude. Ive looked it up online after having issues and the videos I saw show that this guy is just inside and on the right before the first pair of enemies, but he's not showing up for me. I gotta be doing something wrong, just not sure what...

edit - nevermind, apparently he's not inside anymore...the internet lied to me

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
All archepass missions will give max 10g starting tomorrow morning after maintenance. Changing it to a weekly cap of 100 instead of the daily 17. I wish they'd just make it a login bonus or something much more passive instead, there's already too many dailies between hiram, CR/GR, halcy etc. They should use the archepass to encourage more sandbox elements like trade runs and fishing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to find information about apparently obscure stuff in this game is a pain in the ass. So, hopefully someone here can help out.

First, are there teleport checkpoints in the Hostile Lands? If not, can you use Ink to save a spot in the tele book?

Second, can someone do some testing with a battle pet? From what I've seen, the pet can KS you, or block you from getting credit on quests, but not all quests. Example, a quest to kill Greenmen in Golden Ruins. While using the battle pet I would rarely get credit for a kill, without a pet I would always get credit. Yet, the ArchePass mission to kill 30 mobs in that zone would always give kill credit with the pet.

Third, about making a Family. Does the person you want to invite have to online? Was thinking of making a new account and using it to make a Family just so I could do the dailies. Otherwise, if anyone on Kaylin wants to make a forum family, look me up: ign - Ishemi

Edit: Some of the design decisions made for this game are just mind boggling and I hope whoever made the call is out of the industry, lol. You should never, ever get the exact same mission when using the Change Mission option for Pass missions, yet that has happened the past 2 days. Or making a quest in a conflict zone where you need to interact with an object that has a 5 min cooldown timer, and is not party friendly.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Only way I know of to get teleport spots into the safe zones of the enemy continent is to own a house there, or have a friend who does who lets you Ink it into your book. Otherwise you can only port to the contested zones (Hasla, Halcy, Sanddeep, Perinoor, etc) once you've passed through them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I just had to run through the zones up in Auroria and find the various camps, derp derp on my part. The issue with the battle pet is really weird. If anyone here has a tanky pet able to survive fighting mobs in Golden Ruins or Diamond Shores, could you test out whether you get kill credit (all the time) on the dailies? This has happened on all the dailies in Golden Ruins, and at least on the Ghost Menagerie daily in Diamond Shore.

So my character is now both Gold and Asper poor, but still plenty of Labor (haven't upgraded into Hiram yet). Is there a good source of both Gold and Gilda? I know there are a ton of Dailies around, but where they are or how to unlock them is still a mystery. Example, I've seen people mention Blue Salt bounty / hunting missions that will reward Gilda (but cost gold to get). Anyone know how to unlock them, or where they can be purchased?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
5 blue salt dailies for gilda, for west can grab them in Mari or cinderstone. 2 mentor quests, for burnt castle and hadir farm, give 3 each. That's 11 a day pretty quick and easy, then you can get from GR, from CR/GR boss kills, some other world bosses, kill seabugs, and some other stuff that isn't done yet like ghost ships. Gilda is a lot easier to get these days than it was at legacy launch, plus you can buy/sell most gilda plans for gold. Get your ultimate glider upgrade for 30gilda total, then a clipper for 50 and from there its whatever you want, like a 300 gilda thatched farmhouse if you have the land space to fit it, 500 gilda for fishing boat/merchant ship, 500 gilda for underwear you can add stats to, etc.

Molten Core Raider
You mention needing gold too, so this probably isnt a good suggestion, but another source of gilda can be found in the community center of each contested zone on both main continents. Hasla, Halcy, Perinoor, Karkasse, etc etc, there's a blue salt vendor person inside each one that will sell anywhere from 2 to 6 quest starting items for 1g each. Each quest is a "Kill 12 of Something" type and each quest rewards you with 1 Prestige and 1 Gilda star. You can earn something like 25+ gilda per day doing all of these, but, again that's provided you have the surplus gold to burn. I dont recommend it for every day grinding, but when you're close to getting the gilda for something, it's nice to have a boost like this available.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to get enough gold to build my 16x16 farm, so I grow the materials I need to start making tradepacks at a consistent rate, which will make profit. My current 8x8 will take quite a few growing cycles to make 1 pack, so its like 1 pack every couple days or so. I'm hoping with the addition of the 16x16 I can do at least 1 pack per day. Really tempted to buy the 100 slot storage chest for my house, would be really convenient to store all the harvested mats there among other things.

Trying to go out in the world and find naturally grown trees is so hard, so different than gathering in BDO where everything is so easily found.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lumber prices are going down as everyone is growing trees and will soon have houses mostly built. Thunderstruck trees have been dropping really fast in price on Wynn. Also yeah the credit shop storage chest for your house is worth it I think. Packs will be a good gold source, but archepass missions will still be solid too even with 10g cap. Although most everyone still wants them to change the archepass to something less time consuming and maybe give more diligence coins instead of gold.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I always did 2 a day, one you make a bug eyed dude a sammich, the assgoblin king or something.

Then the other you had to deliver something? I can't remember :(

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright so my password is not working, I have reset it multiple times via email , but everytime i log in it keeps saying password or username incorrect. I cant even contact support because I cant actually login. Anyone have any thoughts or heard of this? this just started today.

ok worked after like 1hour or so, that was weird