Archeage

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PRX is staying with AA for the indefinite future. We still have 90+ people on every night, though those numbers are inflated from the high % of active players who keep their accounts online 24/7 from AFKing. I use my alt to do that, but a lot of people don't.

Very few people in PRX have talked about playing GW2 or ESO.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I can't decide what spec I want. I finished all the skills, and I used to need music for donkeying, but now that I have the car I can pick what I want.

I like sorcery and vitalism and defense but if I pick all 3 I don't have enough points to get all the good stuff.

Not that I ever fight anything, but maybe someday!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mostly run Sorcery/Witch/Defense and enjoy it. It's a tanky caster DPS. Daggerspell is also a lot of fun and is a mix of DPS, escapes and CC. Revenant/Battlemage/Skullknight is also fun but very situational.

Today was a busy day! We started it off by killing Rangora, then defended Caernord from the West. We then heard another Western guild was attempting Hanure so we moved to stop them. We then killed Hanure ourselves. Congratulations to Inztigate on the mount!

67swJyQ.jpg

NA0sL54.jpg

kQ9FuiD.jpg

xJtJjed.jpg

w4eHb9F.jpg

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Your screenshots on a previous page were indirectly representative of just how shitty my AH cluster is; some guy trading an EPHERIUM SQUALL CAP for a fucking LIGHTNING? I've literally been searching for one over the past month (across all 3 servers in the cluster) and probably would've tracked down said individual and tackled them to the ground until they sold me said cap. There's currently nothing, I repeat nothing on the AH right now that is an upgrade for me. Which leaves my 3-man crew and my army of alternate patron accounts to get our own gear through the equipment we craft ourselves. It's shitty.

But hey, I did craft a delph gale jerkin which I'm not even wearing yet given the HP loss from the epherium squall and unique set bonus, so that's nice in case someone wants to offer up a delphinad volcano for gold and item trades in the future or something. Not quite a fan of gale given my penchant for smaller-scale organized pvp.

Edit: I recall earlier in the thread many months ago someone mentioned being able to use non-looped macros via kb to deal with songcraft and such; I was curious if anyone could confirm this is still the case. I generally run open world with an alt for bloody chanty / bulwark ballad and I'd be appreciative if anyone could prevent me from having to swap between mice every twenty five seconds.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guild warfare still seems to be a thing on your server. In Eu-Dahuta (that hardcore esport dedicated pvp guild server) my guild quit after a month mostly because everyone and their grandmother was a MMO faggot, leeching safezones like there's no tomorrow, farming gear on an industrial scale while not giving a single fuck about community or PvP. Also most of them were duping APEX / marketplace items like rabbits during release days.

I had a lot of fun in Archeage because IMO it's a nice PvP MMO crippled with awful amateur game design decisions and poor management / production. I blame XL Games for being too much korean and Trion for buying stuff they didn't / couldn't handle.

Teljair_sl

shitlord
Your screenshots on a previous page were indirectly representative of just how shitty my AH cluster is; some guy trading an EPHERIUM SQUALL CAP for a fucking LIGHTNING? I've literally been searching for one over the past month (across all 3 servers in the cluster) and probably would've tracked down said individual and tackled them to the ground until they sold me said cap. There's currently nothing, I repeat nothing on the AH right now that is an upgrade for me. Which leaves my 3-man crew and my army of alternate patron accounts to get our own gear through the equipment we craft ourselves. It's shitty.
It's funny you mention that, the person offering the trade was a scammer.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Guild warfare still seems to be a thing on your server. In Eu-Dahuta (that hardcore esport dedicated pvp guild server) my guild quit after a month mostly because everyone and their grandmother was a MMO faggot, leeching safezones like there's no tomorrow, farming gear on an industrial scale while not giving a single fuck about community or PvP. Also most of them were duping APEX / marketplace items like rabbits during release days.

I had a lot of fun in Archeage because IMO it's a nice PvP MMO crippled with awful amateur game design decisions and poor management / production. I blame XL Games for being too much korean and Trion for buying stuff they didn't / couldn't handle.
Yeah Kyrios is still pretty interesting. The community has been very stable the last month with few guilds leaving or being made. There's quite a bit of PVP, but the game would be so much better without safe zones.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Epic weekend. TWO has the Marcala castle they paid someone 200k to betray us for, they destroyed the entire thing and tried rebuilding. We got the scroll and have been guarding it 24/7 with 50+ people since Friday afternoon to prevent them from building it. They've been launching everything they can for the last couple days. Most of us are barely sleeping.

The second toughest force on West, GankBus also got the PRX castle scroll and are going to be sieging us. I'm leading the defense and getting everyone I can to form up a reasonable defense so we can send our best and all our tanks to the Marcala siege.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
That sounds nice. We are trying to convince hostile guilds to take our siege scroll and try to take our castle, but none is willing to try =/

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Sorcerer bought someone out? Number of people actually surprised by this: zero.

Gank Bus played on Alpha and they were good, but they only had a few members. Hard to think that they have enough for a siege.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The sieges are over. I led the defense to a successful conclusion, the enemy we fought did not make a real effort to take the castle and didn't really get too far anyway.

The attack started with the castle much like it was on Friday. We had been camped on their base keeping them away for the entire weekend. A bunch of towers were up with cannons but the gatehouse was half built with unbuilt walls around it, here's a SS:

iBdLXdH.jpg

I didn't watch the replay yet so I don't know exactly what happened. We were able to take down the gatehouse within 10 minutes and got the lodestone down to half health soon after that, maybe within half an hour? At some people the defenders were able to finish enough towers and get on the cannons and were able to stymie our assault. When we got the Lodestone below half health I guess it shrunk and we then had to assault a wall or something to hit it again. We were able to do that but we had no counter to the cannons so they were able to destroy our tanks quickly. They brought us to a halt when the lodestone was at 30% health at around 50 minutes left. We then whittled their lodestone down little by little. We ended the siege with the lodestone at 1% health!

We were excited to win a siege and this was a very winnable fight, but the weekend was a great time of meaningful PVP and the defenders ended up victorious.

Cybsled

The biggest nerf they need to give to defending is the unkillable cannons becoming killable. Even if they are relatively more beefy than a tank, there should be a way for attackers to knock them out for 10 minutes or so.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Full report, courtesy of Ghost:

It has been a long time goal since Auroria launch to not only claim a castle for PRX but to also take one by force. With the current siege mechanics in NA Archeage, it is close to impossible to take a castle by siege. It would take outstanding dedication and commitment to even come close. On Superbowl Sunday, February 1st 2015, the Eastern guilds, The Elite, and PRX, aided by Circle of Kakis, Coven Nex, Exalted, Last Resort, Plague, Something Legit, Sovereign and Supremacia would come closer to taking a castle than anyone else on the most populated server in NA: Kyrios. The dedication shown was far beyond what anyone expected. Here is our story...

On Thursday night, 3 days before siege day, a member of PRX discovered something strange about the Marcala castle owned by The White Order |TWO|, a western faction guild.

r6f2bVS.jpg

There was speculation to why the castle walls were completely gone. Was it a bug? Did Trion strip TWO of their castle? Was TWO planning on selling their castle to someone else? Or were they rebuilding from scratch. just days before the siege?

By Friday morning, 5am EST, some castle walls were built. It was evident at this point that TWO was not happy with their current castle design and their intention was to rebuild it by Sunday. It was a risky and dangerous last minute move...

RWdf0fL.jpg

DayuslS.jpg

PRX forums started filling with ideas. Should we camp the castle so they can't rebuild it? We would put them at a great disadvantage for whoever wins the siege scroll. But then again why try if TWO's GM, Sorcerer, ends up bidding an outrageous amount and winning their own siege scroll... buying them more time to rebuild.

Later that day Friday, 2 days before the siege, Archeage login servers suffered a massive failure. Players were not able to log in. Servers were taken down for maintenance for hours to fix the problem. By the time servers were back up, there was less than 1 hour left on bidding on the siege scroll. It was only at 500g.

Bids came in slowly at the last few minutes. Then at the last second, the Marcala scroll was won by PRX. Then came the call...

We would team up with our longstanding ally, The Elite, to siege TWO's castle in Marcala. For the next 24 hours, it was all hands on deck. PRX members, our allies, and even our enemies both from the east and west faction, would come together and work towards 1 goal: To prevent TWO from rebuilding their castle.

Our main priority was preventing the gatehouse from being completed. We used every strategy we could including a fishing boat

2K22H9z.jpg

Reds (Western faction and pirates) showed up to help as promised.

1kasXw8.jpg

In fact, a lot of reds showed up.

xVg9cxa.jpg

It was clear that TWO was a guild that easterners, westerners, and even pirates wanted to see fall.

TWO tried anyway. And wave after wave, TWO gathered their forces in attempts to wipe us out and rebuild their castle. We stopped them each and every time.

KY0MY6T.jpg

It became apparent. This had become #OccupyMarcala.

GMS5bIS.jpg

TWO tried other ways to get that gatehouse built, which at the time was stuck at only 75% completed. They tried sneaking in stealthers with packs.

but failed...

YpJOFr8.jpg

They also sent in the venerable White Angels

0YYJ8Ac.jpg

Since they couldn't get into the castle area without being detected, they tried another plan. They ported straight into Sorcerer's house right next to the castle. This almost worked since we were dozing off after long hours of PVP and down times. They were almost able to put in a lumber pack - the last piece needed to build the gatehouse. With an amazing response time, we prevailed and stopped them.

imW6Av7.jpg

To prevent a surprise attack again, we started camping Sorcerer's house on the inside:

UKz3o9U.jpg

And outside:

9F0L2vR.jpg

s50JCJ9.jpg

It worked. As soon as they ported into that house and opened that door. it was a complete bloodbath.

QjRB9hd.jpg

We scouted other houses in the area that belonged to TWO's commanders in case they would port there. We barricaded and guarded them.

JinJfkA.jpg

#OccupyMarcala would go on for a full 24 hours, testing the mettle of both sides. As of 12pm noon EST on siege day. The gatehouse was still stuck at 75% built.

FfTTVel.jpg

Sunday afternoon. Siege day. With just hours before the siege, TWO finally gave up trying to rebuild. For 24 hours straight, we had prevented them from rebuilding anything. Marcala was quiet. All that remained were unbuilt castle walls and a bloody stonemason table next to their gatehouse.

ZvRK6fr.jpg

And then... it was go time.

jbCkbEH.jpg

6sSPM4D.jpg

They tried to build stone packs to finish the gatehouse but without their 20 reinforcements, the numbers were in our favor and we stopped them dead in their tracks.

s6sTUlA.jpg

We proceeded to take down their unbuilt gatehouse with little effort.

nqn7Kyu.jpg

A3BImAH.jpg

We had a separate special ops raid that camped their respawn, keeping them busy.

rhhPoAP.jpg

LpdBKEE.jpg

We then proceeded to destroy their lodestone. It was working out great. We had the lodestone down to under 50%.

gABaXAV.jpg

Then their reinforcements arrived and they abandoned trying to build anymore packs. They started manning their wall cannons, which obliterated our siege tanks. While the half built castle allowed us to quickly progress to the lodestone, there were still many cannons up at the lodestone and respawn and they presented a formidable defense. With the anti-air cannons we were not able to get on their walls to kill the people manning the cannons. And it would have taken too long to destroy the walls that had the cannons on them. The range and damage from their wall cannons were overwhelming. Our siege tanks were destroyed before we got off more than 2 shots. It was like storming the beach at Normandy. We pushed dauntlessly into the lodestone area and went all out dps on the lodestone.

aM3AliD.jpg

We died, came back, and kamikaze'd again and again.

3XPmkjS.jpg

We got it down to 2% with just minutes left.

hJbR13r.jpg

We got it down to 1%... then time ran out.

1 friggin per cent.

Although we didn't capture their castle, it was the most fun I've had in Archeage. Sometimes it's not the win or the loss but the path to get there. It was an unforgettable Superbowl Siege weekend for sure. Thanks to everyone that participated. It was an honor to fight along side you all. I'll see ya on the battlefield.

Congratulations to The White Order on the successful defense and persisting during the weekend. Even after being barred from their castle all weekend, having a half-finished castle to defend, seeing their gatehouse drop and the lodestone nearly die they never gave up.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Hehe, slackers.

How are you doing on PvE-content, Tuco? With the lack of competition on our server and dropping population, we started to shift our attention to PvE and doing Ringquest and other worldbosses a bit more. But as it seems the harder bosses really need a crapload of people. We brought Anthalon to 60% with ~30 people only to figure out, that he becomes quite rapey at that stage. I figure with the numbers PRX has, you actually can do Anthalon and maybe even give Red Dragon a try!?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Holy crap, I wish I wasn't completely overloaded with work, that looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Good to see PRX still doing work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hehe, slackers.

How are you doing on PvE-content, Tuco? With the lack of competition on our server and dropping population, we started to shift our attention to PvE and doing Ringquest and other worldbosses a bit more. But as it seems the harder bosses really need a crapload of people. We brought Anthalon to 60% with ~30 people only to figure out, that he becomes quite rapey at that stage. I figure with the numbers PRX has, you actually can do Anthalon and maybe even give Red Dragon a try!?
It's complicated. We don't do any big PVE raids because few people want to and almost none of the leadership, including me, likes to do PvE. PRX as a whole is a 100% PVP focused guild and while being able to farm kraken, anthalon and the red dragon would help gear us for PvP, the time requirement and hassle isn't worth it.