Archeage

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's unprofessional is how their new "progression" Fresh Start server program is in fact sketchy as fuck. Of course there's a "phase contents and dates are subject to change" mention but you'd think at this point they'd have a lot of stuff figured out. XL Games, Archeage korean developer, seems so clueles about their own game, it's like both Trion and them don't really communicate, it's just Trion "emailing" them about community reports and them pushing updates like they don't understand English or don't care about it.

It was already suspect having almost no information during the first month, then happens an eerie livestream where some dude was reading stuff he had no idea about, stating that almost every content that was planned won't be in next update. We also have a presentation of some unplanned stuff like Ancient gear, which is basically a slap to every player who was planning their stuff and economy based on their progression phase planner. You spent a month farming your gear, hoping for it to be the best ? Well there's another best gear coming, it's bound and you'll have to grind mobs.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Game was killed before Trion ever touched it. All they had to do was negotiate for more control in the license. But they were floundering due to the failure of Defiance, End of Nations, and Warface, so they couldn't pull it off.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

FAQ - ArcheAge Unchained
What are the differences between ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained?

Your feedback over the years encouraged us to provide a different game experience for you, our community. ArcheAge: Unchained is a new way to play the game with a different business model. We've changed entirely its monetization which was simply not possible to this great extent with the already existing ArcheAge F2P version.
In ArcheAge: Unchained there is no longer a subscription model. With a onetime purchase, you can enjoy the content as often as you want. You will be able to purchase vanity items via Credits and we will implement seasonal ArchePasses. We are focusing on fairer gameplay which is why we decided to change a few monetization features for ArcheAge: Unchained. There’ll be more information in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!

Why didn't you change the monetization of the original ArcheAge F2P version and instead make a new game out of it?
Over the last years, we considered several ideas on how we could change the monetization system to create a more fair game experience for our community. Several changes have already been implemented in the original ArcheAge version such as the Hiram gear, the implementation of exchangeable mounts and pets for Manastorm Crystals and the Merchant’s Favor tokens in crates.
Unfortunately, our idea for ArcheAge: Unchained was not feasible for the original ArcheAge F2P version with an already existing game economy. The original ArcheAge servers will remain and we will keep two different versions of ArcheAge with different business models.
We absolutely believe that ArcheAge: Unchained is the right decision. We want to continue this adventure for several years with our great community for both versions - ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained.

Will I be able to transfer my items or Credits between both versions?
As ArcheAge: Unchained has a different business model, it will be implemented like a new game with a new server environment. There will be no transfer of items or characters between the already existing version and ArcheAge: Unchained. Credits can only be used where they have been bought.
In ArcheAge: Unchained everyone starts fresh! There will be no additional bonus if you switch from the F2P version. It’s all about your skills, your dedication and the decisions that you make!

What will be the price for ArcheAge: Unchained? When is the release date?
We will reveal more information in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned!

Do I still have to get Patron Subscription?
There will be no subscription in ArcheAge: Unchained. No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available for everyone.

What about Apex?
Apex will not exist in ArcheAge: Unchained.

Will there be new content alongside this release?
Both ArcheAge versions will receive a new major update this fall. They will each have the same content and updates which will include a new skillset named Swiftblade, a revamp of the siege system, a new naval arena and lots more. We are super excited about this update!

Source

Last edited:

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Overall i like the idea, but rebuying the game i am not so sure about. Also i want more info on the seasonal ArchePasses .

Cybsled

Shades of Defiance 2050? Basically the same game with different monetization?

The labor regen / housing for all is kinda cool, though

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I mean... I hate them and they super fucked the game over and over but that sounds pretty cool.

Also I don't trust a fucking word of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If this was TLP server I would be down. Would love to restart the game from pre-1.0 with an uncucked business model. But starting over on whatever their current patch is does not appeal to me.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
What is going to be in the marketplace?

The marketplace will have items that are cosmetic in nature like Dye Tickets and Salon Certificates. There is not going to be any kind of lock boxes/mounts/gliders/houses e.g.

Also costumes are going to be bind on pickup.

Land placement is locked for a week I think I read to allow everyone to get deeds. God damnit this is tempting. I loved the class setups and naval combat was some of the best fun I have had in a game.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How does land stuff work? Like what is paid and when and in what currency? Is it 400 people all spamming at once and 1 person gets it?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the interest levels on this? Got a few people interested and looking to get into pvp. I hear the balance will change do we're know if patch notes are out?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Most of the old guild I played with are cautiously interested as am I. Patch notes aren't out but you can look up Korea 6.0 and 6.1 patches for changes. This one is to start with the balance changes in 6.1.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been looking for 6.0/6.1 character builder before the leap with no luck. The swiftblade class looks fun though.

Cautiously interested is about the most accurate way to describe my hype level around this. But I am hyped. Kind of like going bungee jumping but you don't know if the rope is tight off right or is short enough so you don't smack into the ground.

• 1Worf

Molten Core Raider
Part of me is so hyped and excited for this, but the practical side of my brain is saying "remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to get that merchant ship? The land rush? etc? Do you really want to do all that again...?"

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's also Gamigo behind this (with Trion as the fall guy). Remember that. Gamigo.