Archeage

gox_sl

shitlord
Primeval (Arc / Cal / Aur) seems pretty strong if you're looking for some solo pvp scenarios. Not sure about "premier" tho. May I ask what's the problem with Edgewalker ?
Yeah Primeval will be good since it is powerful and it plays just like archer classes in other games. So there isn't much of a learning curve to be super mobile and kite well. I have only been playing that all Alpha so far. I am going to switch to stonearrow to try though. Since i think be anti-archer will be somewhat useful. But in the end on live I think Primeval will be king of the ranged classes just like in the other regions already. Which is kind of sad. I never really enjoyed world of fighting same class/spec.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I do not think it will make a huge difference outside of being able to crit nuke people with the heal nuke (whatever the hell its name is). Edgewalker was never a dps beast. It was mainly a heal spec that had high survivability which it still does.

Also.. holy crap that was a huge patch! I wonder how much an effect the overseas trade materials will have on crafting. I really hope it increases the need to get in the red so to speak. Also, does anyone know if resealing something will allow it to be unsealed to something different? (aka.. I unseal a staff that does not turn into the upgradable version... can I reseal it and try again and bypass having to recreate all the base level items to recreate the staff from scratch?)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
my patcher started updating, I was told we were gonna need to uninstall the game, and do a fresh install, should I do that orlet this run?

I guess ender, but I didn't do my research as I didn't even really follow the game.

whats easier leveling a new toon to 50, or doing 1 tree at 50.

gonna turn my edgewalker into something or reroll.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You can level a tree to 50 easily enough if you have access to burn Labor quickly. However, a new character to 50 would be faster in real life time if you poopsock it.

Would be interesting to see the new experience changes for quests post level 15.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You can level a tree to 50 easily enough if you have access to burn Labor quickly. However, a new character to 50 would be faster in real life time if you poopsock it.

Would be interesting to see the new experience changes for quests post level 15.
So you just dump your labor, wait for it to fill and rinse and repeat? seems like that would take forever.

but it would be a lot easier than actually playing from 1-50, just uprooting shit / mining takes no effort.

I also still haven't finished ynystere yet, so that leaves me with 2 other zones full of quests?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well labor leveling is easy and you don't have to put effort into it. Vitality could tell you better, but he was getting half to almost a full level burning labor.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Well labor leveling is easy and you don't have to put effort into it. Vitality could tell you better, but he was getting half to almost a full level burning labor.
oh yeah I don't doubt it, clem lets me do seed bundles sometimes when I was leveling and that shit is great exp, even if you just go to that one spot in the east and mine underwater, that's how ive been dumping my labor lately.

but once you run out of that 5k it takes forever to fill back up, so id essentially be letting the alt sit and gain enough labor to burn no?

after primevil whats next? idk if I want to do ranged again, melee would be nice to mix it up

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah.
I guess it's context. Labor leveling is great if you're leveling up another tree at 50 while the game is live. For testing purposes where nothing else matters in the game, leveling to 50 on a fresh account is probably best.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah.
I guess it's context. Labor leveling is great if you're leveling up another tree at 50 while the game is live. For testing purposes where nothing else matters in the game, leveling to 50 on a fresh account is probably best.
yeah, Ill start leveling a new toon tonight and maybe in a few weeks when people figure out the new edgewalker and the best way to play them ill go back, since im not losing anything by not playing it.

but then I think of all the quests I have sitting there waiting to be done, and im trying to gauge how long it would take to just burn out another tree by burning all my labor + questing (I still have all zones afyer ynystere to do) and just go something like Templar.

Ender4212

I also still haven't finished ynystere yet, so that leaves me with 2 other zones full of quests?
You have a ton of zones left after that one. Probably misspell have of these but you still have Halycona, Hellswarm, Rookborne Basin, Sanddeep, Windscour, Peri(something), Hasla. There's also another 40s zone on the western continent that I've never been to but plan on visiting.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
According to the scheduled downtime, server is not due back up til around 8pm pacific.

Edit: So, evidently, this is a thing? People are expecting to be able to log in as soon as they're patched up? I mean, it would be nice if they added a little message about the downtime on the launcher, or if the link on the launcher regarding the update went to the correct page. But, there is an official post on the forums about the downtime.

African

Game lost much of its sandbox feel with the 1.2 patch. I feel that they're really pushing people into paying but keeping the f2p tag. There are very limited ways to make gold now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I logged in to see how bad the damage was to my Edgewalker, it's pretty bad, actually it's really totally dead as far as being a hybrid DPS/HEALER. It is still viable as a DPS or as a healer...but hybrid version is totally dead.

I am far from being in the best gear, but my magic power is around 300 and healing power around 60. The thing I would have like to try was to put gear in a way where I could get around 200 in both, but I don't that will be possible. About 3/4 of the magic power comes from the weapon. My intelligence and spirit are already about even, slightly lower spirit but not by much.

I wish they had a weapon type that provided both magic and healing power, yes lower than what each weapon provides by itself but enough to allow for a decent hybrid build. I have no issue not being top dps or top healer...but i enjoyed the play style of the hybrid Edgewalker.

Definitely will be playing something else at release.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Game lost much of its sandbox feel with the 1.2 patch. I feel that they're really pushing people into paying but keeping the f2p tag. There are very limited ways to make gold now.
If you could expnad on this statement or if someone else could? Why has it lost this feel?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah they nerfed cows, not sure what to do for some easy money now.

Is there anything like cows that are consistent income?

gonna try turkeys for pelts + meat to sell.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
yeah they nerfed cows, not sure what to do for some easy money now.
For now? Take advantage of cross-server AH. People are willing to pay for scarecrow quest stuff, lumber, iron, fabric, etc. Since you can use the AH to xfer money, people who are moving there have the gold to pay for the convenience.

For launch? Who knows?

Also should take advantage of the 20 LP every 5 minutes. Haven't seen any official word on why it's like that or how long it will last. Maybe a buff for the extended downtime?

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
noob question, why would people need to reroll to change specs? i thought your points were reset for the update?