Ark: Survival Evolved

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
was excited to get this but after watching a few streams its kinda meh...

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
was excited to get this but after watching a few streams its kinda meh...
I cant even get passed the server screens. lol shit give me some kind of crash log. Even just that part, looks generic as fuck.

Rolled on public server 63 got a tier 2 base set up in the south east if anyones interested, having fun so far.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Rolled on public server 63 got a tier 2 base set up in the south east if anyones interested, having fun so far.
lol that level 30 fucked us up lastnight when he raided our base. lol that shit was funny, i was talkign shit to him, then he jumps into the base and it was curtains for us. haha

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just sat down and fiddled with this for an hour.

The successor to Minecraft is here. And it improves upon the core gameplay about a thousand fold.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I've read that the building isn't there yet as far as comparing it to Minecraft. It does seem an interesting game, though not one I'm willing to pay for quite yet.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Building probably is not at the same level of Minecraft, but it does literally everything else better in every way, especially for being early access (though seemingly largely feature complete though I could be wrong)

fris

Vyemm Raider
everyone calls their game Beta or Alpha at release now, i no longer put credit in the descriptor

building doesn't seem on par w/ minecraft, not reign of kings, not rust, probably close to h1z1? i'm not seeing much over 2 stories really. i'm more interested in leveling and riding around on dinos.

how friendly is this to someone that's mostly solo and doesn't play every day? trying to judge what kind of commitment i need to enjoy the game. given you can lose your mounts when in game, i assume it's trivial to lose them when logged out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You don't have to play it multiplayer at all. I was playing a solo game.

Ya building needs some work but you can make as many stories as you want around lvl 27 you get alot more building options ladders trap doors things like that and you can surround your base with a huge fence wall with a jurassic park style main gate.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Once everyone is max level, the newbies are going to have a bad time in this game. the struggle is going to be serious. Right now everyone is just leveling making their bases.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well you can level in the solo game then import a character to multiplayer, at least that's how it looked like to me.

Could be wrong.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i heard only on unoffcial servers? i dunno, but i do know that having even a wood base is absolutely worthless now that people have a few levels in game. They just demolish your shit in minutes. So thatch huts and wood housing= 100 percent worthless. Its like why even bother if they can be broken into soo fucking easy.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
They increased structure damage resistance by 50% recently, maybe that will help some. Seems like they are patching the game almost daily, which is nice to see. Now if I could only get more than 15 fps no matter what my settings are. GTX 970, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM and changing my graphics options doesn't do a damn thing for my fps. Still pretty fun game though.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
The game is anything but optimized for any graphics platform. To help boost FPS performance (considerably) enable shader model 4. Go into steam library, right click properties, general tab, set launch options, and type "-sm4" without the quotes.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I rolled a character on offical #63 server is there a tribe up? IGN gRIPa.
yeah, we have a tribe up there. we are on the east coast, i think something like 70/70 is where our base is located. Hit me up on steam when you get on and i can invite you into the tribe kcxiv is my steam name. WE are also using the Rerolled mumble server for h1z1. I still play both games. Just use the same mumble server

Yes their is a tribe if you spawn in the east of the map our base is at 70, 70 Jungle monkeys is the Guild name have to meet up in game to invite to guild. There is a mumble server we use i belive the info is in the first page of the H1z1 thread.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Ive put about 30 hours into this game in teh last week on a server my buddy hosts. Been having a blast. really like building shit, like riding my dino, I dont know what else a game needs.

With the game still being buggy, playing on an Unofficial server has been great, especially the ability to Godmode after you fall through the world (has happened more than a handful of times in caves). Funny thing is, you can still die as a god if you run out of stamina.

With the update to the spawn rate of metal announced for today (not sure if it is out yet), I am looking forward to seeing what a metal base looks like.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
the lag today is unreal. Im getting like 15-20 fps. this game needs serious optimization.