Ark: Survival Evolved

fris

Vyemm Raider
there's a ton of custom servers w/ various rules. no offline raiding, no base raiding, no KOS, etc. they also usually have increased gather and exp rates. my opinion is if you want to pvp, jump on survival of the fittest server. if you want to tame and build, then a more carebear server. the game isn't really balanced for pvp. w/ how long it takes to tame each max dino, and w/ the added time of raising eggs which I quit just before, the risk of what can be lost is just too great.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently a popular thing for Chinese streamers is to go from server to server (with their "fans" in tow) and just destroy everything. They refuse to ban the entire Chinese IP block on official servers though, so it will probably never stop. There's not that many of them and there's a ton of servers now so it's not something that happens often, but I'd still bet keeping China around has cost them far more sales than however many keys the griefers have bought.

They also use a cheat program that displays info on where players are, shows nameplates for dinos at long range, and has an aimbot that can shoot you from a mile away. It's undetectable, so that's not going away either.

Not sure what to tell you about relocating. I only ever played on official servers and haven't played the game at all in months. It was a fun game but 1200+ hours from EA release to mid-summer = massive burnout.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
So if I want to start as a fresh newb on a PVP server is there a way to find a newer server? Still downloading right now so if it's self obvious in-game then I apologize.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
You can use a search likeGame Server List - ARK: Survival Evolved Servers

But a new wipe isn't that much of an advantage if you want to prevent getting stomped. As mentioned earlier nothing beats tribes. You don't level dinos up by killing stuff but by crafting. You get 6 people all on dinos next to each other, craft a bunch of stuff and you max out some dinos real fast and go cause trouble.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Killing shit is vastly better than crafting if you have something capable of murdering everything in sight efficiently. Crafting is ok for the first 20 or so easy levels, but past that it's not really viable as a primary xp source. Sure, if you're crafting a huge batch of narcos for taming or a bunch of shit to build a base with, get everyone else to sit on a creature. But if you want xp fast, you need to go out and kill--especially alphas once you have something strong enough to take them.

The part about doing it in a tribe group is correct though. Get one or two people on assbeater carnivores and the rest on gimpy shit to just leech the xp.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
It also depends on if you are on official or modded server. Some modded servers boost craft rate rate per point spent more than normal since it seems like a useless stat. This then lets you get an insane craft rate. The war maps have a great material per XP ratio and can be crafted while you are on a mount. So when everyone crafts those at lightning speed it can be faster than killing stuff.

The christmas event is over too.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
TL;DR EQ actually sucked and nobody wants to go back to that shit. Right?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I've got a group of 6 RL friends and we're all newbing around on an official PVP server if anyone is looking for people to play with. You can hit me up on steam @ eidalon12345.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Anyone looking for an unofficial server should come play mine. Server just wiped clean last night and its highly rated. Were on the Valhalla map with wild tameable dragons and photon cannons for base defense. Just in the last month I've received enough donations to keep it going for many months to come. Server website is dankbones.enjin.com
Max wild dino 240 (another 200 after tame)
Max player level 200
50x XP | 50x Tame | 15x Harvest

Anyone who joins just let me know you're from FoH/Rerolled in game and I'll give you some goodies.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
Anyone looking for an unofficial server should come play mine. Server just wiped clean last night and its highly rated. Were on the Valhalla map with wild tameable dragons and photon cannons for base defense. Just in the last month I've received enough donations to keep it going for many months to come. Server website is dankbones.enjin.com
Max wild dino 240 (another 200 after tame)
Max player level 200
50x XP | 50x Tame | 15x Harvest

Anyone who joins just let me know you're from FoH/Rerolled in game and I'll give you some goodies.
Is this server in the US? I'm looking for a EU server for me and a friend of mine. We won't be playing a whole lot. Totally new to the game too.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a posse rolling on official server 51, good server, good times, more are always welcome

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Buddy talked me into trying this out while it was on sale. It's pretty fun, I'm on his private server right now playing the center map, which I like better than the official one. Probably will dabble with this until the WoW xpac comes out.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
So my buddies got me into this and after spending a week each on 3 different pub servers I just fucking bought my own.

PANDAMONIUM PvPvE-FRESH 4/13-ADULT ADMINS-3xG-2xT-2xExp - (v239 - ARK: Survival Evolved Servers

Welcome to Pandamonium!
Fresh server as of April 13th, 2016. 24/7 up-time on a dedicated provider!
Adult and experienced admins!
3x Gathering
2x Taming
2x Experience
Shorter night cycle (2:1 night/day ratio)
Difficulty (Hard)
NO GRIEFING! (Including but not limited to: Caging other players for hours at a time...a short time is funny, a long time is not)
NO BUILDING IN CAVES! (Everywhere else is fair game except areas with high resource spawn rates...like mountains. We want your mining expeditions to feel like they mean something. Small shacks are permitted if they only block one or two metal nodes)
NO RESOURCE SPAWN BLOCKING! (Let's be real here, this murders official servers. There's nothing quite like crawling all over a mountain and seeing a stone foundation every 30 feet)
PvP is HIGHLY encouraged but please don't be a dick!
NEW **** Vegetation regrowth area now cut IN HALF. Ever build your base in the jungle and accidentally clear out too many trees/rocks? BE AFRAID NO LONGER. Resource/vegetation re-spawn radius is 75m by default, and now it's 35m!

We've got two solid tribes on the server now. Please come join us for the party!

Nearly every "sweet" base location is still available. Ever wanted to build in the middle of the island like all those monster alpha tribes you see? Want an iceberg base? Live like a Viking in the North, or sail the high seas like a pirate that rides raptors! Come on in, you'll find everything you could ever dream of!

We're not engaging in PvP at the moment as we are waiting for more people and tribes to hop in and get set up. Hopefully when we get a few tribes we can start some fun war games and skirmishes!

Custom PvE "raid bosses" are in the works as well. Clear the area I have prepared and you'll have a chance to end up with several items up to ascendant quality based on the difficulty of the encounter!

Every player is welcome on my server. Whether you're new, experienced, want to murder other people and steal their gear, taming dinos, farming, trading...anything you can think of. The alpha "admin" tribe is comprised of Mythic WoW raiders, and since we like a challenge we won't be rolling up to your base with a giga or an assault rifle and just bending you over. So even though there's a tech gap, you don't have to worry about us just steamrolling you with pewpewlazerz. Like I said above, we'd love to have some PvP players on the server but right now there's no "sport" in attacking new players. We want you to tech up so we can have some real fun
biggrin.png
There should be a point where we can all engage in whatever type of battle we want with each other and the ONLY reason you'll get butthurt is if you lead one of your favorite dinos into battle and they die.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just switched the map to The Center and added some mods. Stack size increase, pimp my dino, quality of life shit. The Center is fucking amazing though.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Just picked this up. been playing on some official server for a few days. First spawn ever i was surrounded by 4 Dilophosaurus and gang raped before the spawn animation even finished. After that I was chased down by an AIDS American Inventor, found out that aids (swamp fever) persist through death and is only curable with a level 20 antidote. Was killed by a bunch of chinamen in my sleep, and was knocked out in 2 punches by some random bitch who fed me narcotics for 30 minutes.

Overall, game is god damn fun.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
overall, game is god damn fun.
Some friends, my GF, and myself play on OfficialServer51.

This game is in rare air for me, I'm up to 690 hours played. Very few games get that much time out of me other than MMO's. It's really a fantastic game, I don't understand why so few games have involved dinosaurs, they're just so perfect as environmental creatures/vehicles.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Game turned from amazing to pile of shit the first time a single guy took out 20 players on our flyers with a rifle, headshot on everyone.

Hundreds of hours of building and taming lost. This was pre battle eye of course but.... Game excels with role play.