Arrested Development

Caliane

She's 40 now, and for a woman there's a huge difference between 33 and 40.
she was in better off ted, just 3 years ago. and looked more then fine.
And looking at imdb pics of her in Mockingbird lane in 2012, she looks fine too.

I think they did it on purpose or something?
Lindsey was supposed to be 40 back in 2006.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I only noticed Lindsey looking terrible in the first episode she appeared in. After that, she was looking just fine, and in fact is crazy hot with the short hair.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She looked weird in both wigs(the long blonde and the red), but I thought she looked fine with her real, short hair.

I was pretty sure the shaman was gonna be Tobias as soon as they were leading up to him going to India. But he never had a chance. Maeby shaman was a nice touch.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
She looks completely awful. Its like she can't even control the top half of her face anymore, which takes away a lot of what little acting ability she had.

That said, I did read in some places though, that people are theorizing its just for the show. Her plastic surgery was hinted at continuously during the first 3 seasons that it only makes sense she would have a bunch done in the 7 years since the last season and its just the kind of subtle joke they would do. And somewhere else I read that on the read carpet premier for the show she looked just like normal.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They did mention her having plastic surgery in the show, so could just be for that. Definitely fits her character at least.

Did they ever explain the way George Sr was acting? The way he was wearing a blouse because he hates how his arms look, couldn't get an erection, crying at little things, and mentioned to his doc "I'm taking the pills and nothing" it seemed like there was going to be some sort of him explanation of him taking estrogen pills either on accident or as part of someone's scheme. But as far as I can remember they never did explain it

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everything from GOB 2 to the end is amazing. I also suggest watching the first few episodes again. Once you are used to the format and know the payoffs to the punchlines the beginning is better.

Also you can notice things like this.

SBb5ji0h.png

1MhA6Pqh.png

eg38hXTh.png

J93XrJYh.jpg

zglRoKLh.jpg

hyetiNgh.jpg

SBb5ji0h.png

1MhA6Pqh.png

eg38hXTh.png

J93XrJYh.jpg

zglRoKLh.jpg

hyetiNgh.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Everything from GOB 2 to the end is amazing. I also suggest watching the first few episodes again. Once you are used to the format and know the payoffs to the punchlines the beginning is better.
I rewatched the first couple episodes earlier today and there are a few things that make them more funny. It's great how many times they manage to say "hot mess" without getting that it's a punchline later.

Caliane

haha. holy shit. yeah. episode 4 is pretty great. Ron Howard, andy ricter, conan, etc. Although it feels like 30rock more then anything else.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The episodes are just getting funnier the more I rewatch them and have time to reflect.

I've found myself bursting out laughing at random times thinking about things like George St. masturbating in the MRI (I know how gay that sounds), Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs, and I'm here, I'm queer, now I'm over here!

So much gold

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've rewatched it almost all the way through a second time, as the gf finally caught up to see what the fuss was about. It's much better the second time around, I'm catching so many things I didn't the first time, and things that aren't as funny unless you know what they mean later, so good, so smart

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Damn, looks like they were already taken down.
It would be pretty retarded if Netflix had anything to do with that. They need all the publicity for this they can get; who the fuck cares if someone recuts a show? Fucking entertainment industry!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think the did something really ambitious here and if there really were scheduling difficulties with getting the whole cast together for filming i applaud Mitch as much as I possibly can for taking the time to come up with something so involved and clever rather than sticking to the same formula.

However, I think there's two things that made AD special. First, how fucking clever it was, and second, the interaction between Michael and the rest of the cast. Season 4 is way high up in the first category, but I think kind of lacking in the second. Maybe that's just a necessary evil because of how they were forced to film things.

Still though, I found myself enjoying any scene where Michael and Gob were on screen together the most. Those parts brought me back to that family interaction that was part of the old seasons.

Another minor complaint, I think they made Michael a little too dumb all around. He was always quirky with how he treated George Michael as well as how he was around women, and I understand those were pretty much his two main story arcs in season 4, but it's still kind of weird to me that he isn't the relatable rock centering things like in the past.

So I definitely think there are some things missing from season 4, but the creativity level alone might outweigh that even. Toss up between this and season 2 for me though. 4 might be the most consistently funny batch of episodes but I think 2 ended with some of the best TV comedy of all time.

The last 4 episodes of season 2 were:
Sword of Destiny (Tony Wonder, Buster/Gob Use Your Allusion)
Meat the Veals (You have to lock that down)
Spring Breakout (Zach Braff, surfboard)
Righteous Brothers (Franklin Comes Alive)

I don't think this season tops those four episodes, but as a whole it was pretty amazing. I was in tears during the two Gob episodes.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Michael can only be held up as a likeable character when surrounded by his family who make him look normal and somewhat nobel. Take Michael out of that chaos and he's just my old district manager, and not the one I only kind of hate but the one I hate with such a vengeance that no jury made up of his employees would ever convict me.

I do love that taken out of the family environment did nothing to allow George Michael to become a better person, the first chance he got he started lying to impress a girl and never backed down no matter how out of control the situation got, so much so that for most of the season Fakeblock appeared legitimate to the viewer.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
That's exactly right. As AD progressed Michael Bluth started showing more and more cracks, and now in season 4 without his family to act as a true(and often deserved) scapegoat, proves he really is a Bluth after all.

The most out of character character I found was Maeby, who embarked on some mad quest for parental affection when she wanted nothing to do with them for the whole of AD proper.