Arrested Development

Tea_sl

shitlord
Another minor complaint, I think they made Michael a little too dumb all around. He was always quirky with how he treated George Michael as well as how he was around women, and I understand those were pretty much his two main story arcs in season 4, but it's still kind of weird to me that he isn't the relatable rock centering things like in the past.
I thought the same thing at first, but my wife has been watching through the series for the first time and both George Michael and Michael are pretty dumb in the original series. They just seem smarter in comparison to the barely functional level of everyone else.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah you dudes make a good point there. I still think the dorm stuff was a little silly but that's ok.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's exactly right. As AD progressed Michael Bluth started showing more and more cracks, and now in season 4 without his family to act as a true(and often deserved) scapegoat, proves he really is a Bluth after all.

The most out of character character I found was Maeby, who embarked on some mad quest for parental affection when she wanted nothing to do with them for the whole of AD proper.
It was never affection, just attention, and it was always there. She went to the party just because her mom didn't want her there, she sang afternoon delight, she pretended to be hurt after Lucille stole the queen mary, etc

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
It was never affection, just attention, and it was always there. She went to the party just because her mom didn't want her there, she sang afternoon delight, she pretended to be hurt after Lucille stole the queen mary, etc
She also spent a whole episode pretending she was moving to Portugal (way down there in South America) just to see if they'd notice and try to stop her.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Yeah you dudes make a good point there. I still think the dorm stuff was a little silly but that's ok.
I must be about the only person who liked the dorm stuff. George Michael as desperate to get away from his father as his father was to get away from the family and trying to do so without hurting his father's feelings (opposite from Michael who just loves announcing how much he despises everyone when leaving them to handle their own mistakes) was good stuff in my opinion.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought the same thing at first, but my wife has been watching through the series for the first time and both George Michael and Michael are pretty dumb in the original series. They just seem smarter in comparison to the barely functional level of everyone else.
Michael was dating a retarded chick and George Michael spent 3 seasons trying to nail his cousin. They really were only normal by comparison.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Michael was dating a retarded chick and George Michael spent 3 seasons trying to nail his cousin. They really were only normal by comparison.
Yeah it's a good point. I still view the dorm and movie stuff as beyond silly for his character. But ultimately, it's not a show where realism really matters and the "point" of it all (he's a Bluth after all) is fitting for the season.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Yeah it's a good point. I still view the dorm and movie stuff as beyond silly for his character. But ultimately, it's not a show where realism really matters and the "point" of it all (he's a Bluth after all) is fitting for the season.
The movie contract were great. Instead of doing his job Michael decided to take the opportunity once again to spurn his family because he once again wound up with something they wanted and wound up tearing up all of the signed contracts one my one (there may be a contract he missed I, didn't actually go back to see if they were all torn up). This is the exact kind of selfish behavior he has been displaying throughout the series, if something in his power is going to make anyone in his family happy he will always deny them.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The movie contract were great. Instead of doing his job Michael decided to take the opportunity once again to spurn his family because he once again wound up with something they wanted and wound up tearing up all of the signed contracts one my one (there may be a contract he missed I, didn't actually go back to see if they were all torn up). This is the exact kind of selfish behavior he has been displaying throughout the series, if something in his power is going to make anyone in his family happy he will always deny them.
He didn't rip up Buster's, the one who just got arrested for murder. This was a significant point at the season finale.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished this (I know I'm slow), holy fuck the whole Gob and Tony Wonder arc was incredibly awesome. Gob tackling Michael and force feeding him the roofie while singing the Franklin song was classic. Ron Howard being a douche to everyone the whole season was also great "There is nothing better than receiving a Lifetime Achievement Opie..... except possibly having it named after you".

One thing I never quite understood, why was Barry trying to break into that school(and getting arrested for it)? Also, young Barry being played by Henry Winkler's son, going over all his retarded law beliefs while his "father" just stares at him like he is a tool was great in the flashbacks. TAKE TO THE SEA!!!

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Just finished this... wish there had been another Maeby episode. I think her character is hilarious. The whole "I'm a movie producer!" spiel should have gone on longer.

Has a fifth season been confirmed already?

Rime

<Donor>
Supposedly, there is going to be an Arrested Development movie. Not sure if it will be straight-to-Netflix or if it will hit theaters.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Glad to hear it was enough of a success for Netflix to go ahead with another season. I still have to watch the last 2-3 episodes of Season 4, but overall I personally found it to be somewhat disappointing. There's some very good moments still, but if you watch a Season 4 episode right after you watch a Season 1-3 episode, the difference in the number laughs and gags is huge. A lot of things just felt off with Season 4, from the pacing and plot, to the limitations they had to deal with in shooting an ensemble cast a few pieces at a time.

Hopefully they can work out some of those kinks and Season 5 will be a full return to glory.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I logged into Netflix and saw the history of Buster come up on mine. Some selections include Our Idiot Brother, The Hands of Orlac, I Killed My Mother, and Coma.

I checked earlier and it gave me the watch history for Piper from OITNB.