Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Arrow
fdY4J3nwsMazY87k52dVUz8JkcB.jpg

Spectre of the Gun
Season: 5
Episode: 13
Air Date: 2017-02-15

16 months ago, Rene watched his wife, an addict, being killed by a dealer in front of the former's daughter, Zoe, who was transferred to foster care; and Rene was prohibited from meeting her. He was inspired by the Green Arrow killing Darhk and saving Star City, deciding to start his vigilantism. In the present, an armed man attacks the city hall and kills and wounds several staff members. Felicity identifies the shooter as James Edlund, a former clerk and a gun control proponent who lost his family in a shootout months ago. Thea and Quentin encourage Oliver to deal with the situation as the mayor, not the vigilante. The latter decides to work with the city council for a gun control act. Rene and Curtis locate Edlund's hideout and find his next target, where Oliver confronts Edlund as the mayor and dissuades him from killing anyone, convincing him to surrender. Oliver reaches to an agreement with the council over the act. Curtis promises Rene to help him get to Zoe legally. Meanwhile, John convinces Dinah to return to normal life. She enlists in SCPD.

We haven't talked about Arrow in a while. I was sort of impressed with S5Ep13 Spectre of the Gun. When I saw the name, I was a little worried, and then the direction the show took early made me think it was going to be a giant anti-gun fest. But in the end, I thought they did a great job. It looks like they might have some pro-gun writers. My only nit to pick is that diggles, who's a military man, was calling the AR an assault rifle. But at least he got corrected immediately.

Now, I don't know why Arrow even decided to wade into the issue. I'm assuming the compromise law will be important later in the season. Maybe they're hoping to use it to explain why future criminals are using things other than guns. I laughed at how they copped out of telling us what was in the amazing compromise that made everyone safer from guns and at the same time didn't affect anyone's rights. Maybe they just made it illegal to commit crimes with guns.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
[EPISODE][SHOWTITLE]Arrow[/SHOWTITLE]
[EPISODEPOSTER]
fdY4J3nwsMazY87k52dVUz8JkcB.jpg
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Spectre of the Gun[/EPISODENAME]
Season:
[SEASON]5[/SEASON]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]13[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2017-02-15[/EPISODEDATE]

[/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]16 months ago, Rene watched his wife, an addict, being killed by a dealer in front of the former's daughter, Zoe, who was transferred to foster care; and Rene was prohibited from meeting her. He was inspired by the Green Arrow killing Darhk and saving Star City, deciding to start his vigilantism. In the present, an armed man attacks the city hall and kills and wounds several staff members. Felicity identifies the shooter as James Edlund, a former clerk and a gun control proponent who lost his family in a shootout months ago. Thea and Quentin encourage Oliver to deal with the situation as the mayor, not the vigilante. The latter decides to work with the city council for a gun control act. Rene and Curtis locate Edlund's hideout and find his next target, where Oliver confronts Edlund as the mayor and dissuades him from killing anyone, convincing him to surrender. Oliver reaches to an agreement with the council over the act. Curtis promises Rene to help him get to Zoe legally. Meanwhile, John convinces Dinah to return to normal life. She enlists in SCPD.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

Now, I don't know why Arrow even decided to wade into the issue. I'm assuming the compromise law will be important later in the season. Maybe they're hoping to use it to explain why future criminals are using things other than guns. I laughed at how they copped out of telling us what was in the amazing compromise that made everyone safer from guns and at the same time didn't affect anyone's rights. Maybe they just made it illegal to commit crimes with guns.

Green Arrow has ran a few social commentary like stories in the comics. I think this was more an homage to that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't like how much of the episode was devoted to the back and forth, but I do agree that the (enigmatic, unexplained) ending was fairly satisfying despite that.

I'm just impressed that they continue to bring fucking hotties into the show. The casting directors at the CW have been nailing it (and maybe the girls?) for years! Talia (from various Syfy shows) is hot as fuck, and the new Black Canary or whatever they are calling her is damn good looking too, except for a couple unflattering shots now and then, but overall she's way above average and I sort of like her more than Laurel, hotness-wise.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So...what the fuck? Adrian Chase is Prometheus? Isn't that a big WTFBBQ twist from how it should be (i.e., he's Vigilante in the comics)? So who the hell is Vigilante?

I'm really enjoying this season more than the last few. It feels like they've gotten back to a more season 1/2 style.

*Edit* Also love the ball jokes for the T-Spheres.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So...what the fuck? Adrian Chase is Prometheus? Isn't that a big WTFBBQ twist from how it should be (i.e., he's Vigilante in the comics)? So who the hell is Vigilante?

I'm really enjoying this season more than the last few. It feels like they've gotten back to a more season 1/2 style.

*Edit* Also love the ball jokes for the T-Spheres.

They said that Vigilante won't be revealed til next season.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Getting your nudes plastered all over the place and showing you like to fuck gets you a job back on Arrow. Katie Cassidy back as a season regular next season.

McCheese

This season of Arrow has been really good. I giggled like a school girl at Deathstroke's return.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I liked having Deathstroke back. Interesting reference to Jericho, given that Titans is coming I wonder if they are setting something up there.

So no one noticed that he was wearing a wig and a fake beard when he got rescued? I suppose he could just ditch them when he got 'cleaned up' but that seems a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So no one noticed that he was wearing a wig and a fake beard when he got rescued? I suppose he could just ditch them when he got 'cleaned up' but that seems a bit of a stretch.

These are the same people who can't tell the difference between the Arrow and Oliver Queen because of this
fe1e8c110e75fafeb5645cf03a22b2db.jpg

A wig and fake beard would be like Klingon cloaking technology to them.

• 1Like

McCheese

Awesome finale, and a million times better than the flash.

Prometheus was great, and I'm really looking forward to next season because they did a good job setting up Vigilante.

Overall, Arrow killed it this season.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Arrow was stronger this season then Flash by far. Hell I would put it at the top of the CW shows this season. With probably Flash as last.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Nobody thinks they all died, right? I'm not sure why they even bother with a cliff hanger like that.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nobody thinks they all died, right? I'm not sure why they even bother with a cliff hanger like that.

They had already left the airplane heading for the boat. My guess is they are in the ARGUS prison bunker.