Arrow

geffe71_sl

shitlord
can someone who watches both shows PM me to let me know what order to watch this week in, or if to wait. stopped reading the forums once the show started airing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We see him as The Arrow again at the beginning of that Legends of Tommorow trailer.Arrow, and the Flash are talking to that new group on the rooftop.
that may not necessarily be footage from the show, it may just be CW 's two top superheroes introducing their new superhero show characters to the audience. i mean if oliver is retired and barry has some kind of flashpoint moment next week, when it comes time for this, they may not be "available".

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That would make sense. They realize that even with some people bitching they have a new solid franchise with the DC shows. Would make financial sense to lock people in as the can.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Bah. I forgot last week was the season finale and was looking for the new episode last night.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Big Things Were Planned For Harley Quinn In Arrow - Cosmic Book News
What could have been...

Season 2 of Arrow featured a cameo by Harley Quinn played by Cassidy Alexa, with the deleted scene (watch below) featuring Tara Strong's voice as well.

Now while appearing at the MCM London Comic-Con this weekend, Willa Holland, who plays Thea Queen, let it be known big things were planned for Harley Quinn in Arrow.

"We had big plans for Harley," Willa Holland revealed, reports Flickering Myth. "But, I guess something came down from DC execs that told us to shut it down. I mean we had that tease with the pigtails and the ARGUS outfit but, we'll never see it. We would love to [have] Harley in Arrow but it will never happen."

Obviously, what came down was Harley Quinn being a member of David Ayer's Suicide Squad movie, which is what happened with Arrow's version of Deadshot as well. Arrow EP Marc Guggenheim revealed a couple of months ago that Deadshot was off the table.

That's not the only character the WB execs axed - originally, Brandon Routh's Atom was going to be Blue Beetle, but WB said no to using Blue Beetle and suggested Atom.

It will be interesting to see what happens when The Flash movie gets going.
frown.png

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if the Suicide Squad movie bombs hard enough if they'll release the characters to be on the shows.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Harley info from Willa.

Talking at MCM London today, Thea Queen herself actress Willa Holland revealed that the show's producers originally had big plans for Harley on the show - but were shut down due to David Ayer's upcoming "Suicide Squad" movie. She tells MTV:

"Pertaining to all the movies that are being made and stuff like that in the comic book world, it's also taken a side away from the TV shows. Because we had the Suicide Squad and these things inside of it, ARGUS. We were going really heavily into that for a minute.

And then, something must have come down from DC or some higher-up above that said 'No, you must cease and desist because we're going to make it into a movie and we can't have anyone spoil that idea.' We did get to see that little pigtail and the ARGUS uniform and the little treat of Harley Quinn, and it just got ripped away. So if we could actually have Harley Quinn on the show, that would be amazing. But it's never going to happen."

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK so this show is 320 times better than Daredevil so been watching it. At first I was ready to gouge my eyeballs out with the flashbacks but the pacing is so quick in the main story and the flashbacks that it works out OK.

But, I am struggling to see how this is not slightly more realistic Batman. Season 1 I was like 'well, he kills people' but now in season 2 that he's on the whole 'try a different way' thing, it juts seems like he's Batbow with slightly less military hardware? I have to assume they did it for the show and the 'modern' origin story GA is something different?