Ashes of Creation

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It is a people problem, but good game design can fix a lot of it. And a decent social design can help players solve much of the rest.

No matter how good it is, if winning and losing are meaningful - the playerbase will sour grape up the entire community and most will make lowbie griefer chars

At least in this day and age

The people who can respectfully compete are far and far between within an already small audience of people who dont want another "autorun afk and follow question marks simulator"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if it would be possible to make all pvp encounters in the open world ignore gear and level. Just whatever skills your class has. Even the playing field and force "fair" fights. You could sill keep the PvE level and gear stats for PvE content.

High level players with huge gear disparities that victimize lowbies who have zero chance of winning is a big reason why open world PvP games fail.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
High level players with huge gear disparities that victimize lowbies who have zero chance of winning is a big reason why open world PvP games fail.

As far as I remember, in AoC they'd become a red player quickly doing this, and at that point they'd be dropping their gear on death. Non red players will only drop materials/resources I think.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
If i was a player and lost my shit. Nothing stop swarming a player froa group of players. How are you going Steven and his buddies from controlling all the good shit
As far as I remember, in AoC they'd become a red player quickly doing this, and at that point they'd be dropping their gear on death. Non red players will only drop materials/resources I think.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You will also need an army to fight his

Best possible game play

Requires sportsmanship to keep the community

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Fairplay is a must i agree. Based on his past with RMT. I would not trust him. And who you to complain too. As least AA had an
dobligations to the player base..

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'd like to know which of you had the bright idea to train a chatbot on nothing but FoH posts and set it loose like a demented (and sad, but social) sock puppet.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Fairplay is a must i agree. Based on his past with RMT. I would not trust him. And who you to complain too. As least AA had an obligation to the player base..the one quote i will about Steven is whenh e said that when you spend 30 million dollars of your own money then you can tell me what to do in your because he got banned in ArcheAge for r&t he is making it difficult for the publishers of ArcheAge to make any money in a sequel what baby what a turd.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just wish he would go back to the Pantheon thread at this point. Ignoring him doesnt work and all I want is just content updates from AOC that are relevant. Xerge Xerge - Give us some det's man. Know you got some!

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I would venture to bet that Alex doesn't play this game when it comes out. Why are you so worried about a game that doesn't even exist really seriously.

Xerge

<Donor>
Just wish he would go back to the Pantheon thread at this point. Ignoring him doesnt work and all I want is just content updates from AOC that are relevant. Xerge Xerge - Give us some det's man. Know you got some!
Hmm..

Make sure ya got that 5xxx series card ;)

• 1Worf

Xerge

<Donor>
I would venture to bet that Alex doesn't play this game when it comes out. Why are you so worried about a game that doesn't even exist really seriously.
Im just not sure which angle youre trying to act out here anymore my guy. This game exists in all its forced pvp glory and will release. It'll be a moment of tears and joy as we watch it all unfold on twitch. The Alpha2 persistent test will be a drama filled story of shittery where the players will finally voice this and that and we get to watch Steven react accordingly.

Much like New World's release this game will have a huge launch and following for the month after. It's a meta event in the MMO genre.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
AOC is in pieces much like Pantheon rise of the fallen it's not complete at this current stage so until it gets to the stage of launch it's still considered vaporware according to my opinion.

• 1EyeRoll

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Mr. Sox Mr. Sox You really think AOC doesn't exist??
Untitled.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Honestly guys I was like you I was watching the screen looking at ashes and I thought damn that's going to be a f****** great ass game that s*** looks hot then I side for a moment and I said what about the other ones about the other games that are coming out like our kids toown in Liberty that backstay where's their s*** you know it's good to say that ashes looks nice and it's presentable what about the other competition like I said you can take this to the bank Steven is going to sell off the company to a private firm and they're going to get everything done on east side Central and European parts of the world so that they can get the servers stable and there's not any lag he can't do it with the money that he's raised so far it cost too much money so he's going to need help and like I said he's no different than everyone else eventually they always sell to the man that's my personal opinion hate it praise it or don't forget about it but you heard it here first for me

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I am to the point of getting old that I don't want to play video games anymore I'll finish out EverQuest and have a problem would be yet but I found that a lot of people that started with ashes almost 10 years ago or slowly phasing out too as well I think we've gotten you to point that video games aren't what people want anymore there are thing of the past like vinyl records I don't know what you guys think