Ashes of Creation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Interesting to see how this will work with various playstyles.... Curious if you have a guild like Faceless, which i'm assuming all servers will have 2-3 at least, and then the more casual player base? They act as if this is relatively unscripted but is this more like EQ except you unlock Qeynos and Freeport then Nagafen comes out of the woods and presents a raid opportunity?
Sounds like meta zone events in GW2 more or less. What kinda matters is, will these reset? Will they stay at max level? Cause then I think everything will just end up being leveled eventually so the whole concept seems kinda pointless, other than making the world appear kinda empty at first, which is a bad first impression. I guess they'd have the first few stages progress quickly so you end up with small towns everywhere and stuff, but ultimately it's a bit confusing as to why player would be tempted to stay in an area unless every area provides meaningful content for all activities at all levels. Otherwise whatever zone has the highest content will probably the one that's fully developped first.

Anyway shit's mostly conceptual for now, we'll see what they actually do. Rift invasions also sounded cool on paper but were a lot worse in practice.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The pseudo-action combat looks exhausting for long sessions. Just more dodging the circles/rectangles of death. All the ability animations are overdone, it's looks like a clusterfuck when grouping.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Idk. This game looks good to me. Great graphics, not the same on every server. The combat and abilities look good. All around great package, IMO. This is really the only upcoming MMO that has me interested (maybe Pantheon if it pans out). Everything else is looking pretty bleak.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Somebody hook us up with alpha/closed beta keys, it's better to listen to us than reddit shitters.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
bytes bytes has spoken!

Brahma Brahma and I need keys as well.

This man speaks the gospel!

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
New team members include:
  • Michael Roca – Senior Gameplay Programmer (Formerly of Disney, Daybreak, SOE, and EA)
  • Grat Crabtree – Senior Software Engineer (Formerly of Daybreak and SOE)
  • Devin Lafontaine – Senior Artist (Formerly Daybreak, SOE, Sigil Games)
  • Tad Ehrlich – Senior Artist (Formerly, Daybreak, SOE, Midway Games)
  • Garrett Fern – Senior Game Designer (Formerly Daybreak and SOE)
  • Zin Chiang – Senior Producer (Formerly Travian Games and Publishing)
  • Midori Bond – Executive Assistant (Formerly Senior GM and Customer Service at SOE)
E Elidroth Know any of these folks?

Over 100 people on the dev team now.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why on earth would you hire artists from the company that produced New Freeport?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Meh looks boring.
Oh great they can do lightning and shadows with no pc's/npc's around...

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Supposedly the ceo’s pledged over 30 mil of his own money now. Not sure how long that’ll last with a burn rate spread across 100 employees but I guess we can expect something more impressive than pantheon

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Supposedly the ceo’s pledged over 30 mil of his own money now. Not sure how long that’ll last with a burn rate spread across 100 employees but I guess we can expect something more impressive than pantheon

Well, we know how well that works out thanks to Schilling

• 2Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Graphics look solid, but spell effects seem overdone in this. Weapon collision needs a lot of love too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Looks decent and has a fluidity to its movement which too many shitty MMO's just don't understand is essential. I'd wager that floaty/choppy character movement has cost companies more potential revenue than any other game element.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Graphics look solid, but spell effects seem overdone in this. Weapon collision needs a lot of love too.

I like the graphics but it definitely will need a lot more work on collision. I consider the PvP part of a game to be the hardest to get right so I wish them luck. Much like Schilling, he seems to be trying to do more than he has the ability to deliver? He's pushing a lot things EQ3 was supposedly working on and I'm not sure he can get all of it done, much less great;

1. Dynamic, evolving world
2. Sieges
3. PvP
4. Crafting
5. Better quests?
6. Housing

Sieges and nodes look like areas with a high potential of failure no matter how good the rest is. Questing also looks like the same old tired shit WoW started and everyone has run into the ground.