Ashes of Creation

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
i think Steven boned Mr Sox’s dad and hes all butthurt over his dad converting from a heterosexual male to a homo hence why he constantly trashes Steven’s game. Nothing else makes sense

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Let me reiterate my point I always thought Ash's potentially could be a good game however in the last couple of years he's lit his competition like ArcheAge tax day throwing a liberty New world closed the gap on the delivery of this product he had a 7-year Head start on most of the games that I mentioned and has yet to come out of pre-alpha now the addition to Bill trosk to the team helped greatly improve the speed of delivery but it's going to be at least I'd say two more years before it comes out by that time we'll be old and gray and no one will care and the game will fail again that's my opinion

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly guys I was like you

Zero chance of this.

We let you shit up the Pantheon thread with your schizophrenic ramblings because that somehow fits the theme. Shitting up actual threads with incoherency is just gonna get you shawed again

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Let me reiterate my point I always thought Ash's potentially could be a good game however in the last couple of years he's lit his competition like ArcheAge tax day throwing a liberty New world closed the gap on the delivery of this product he had a 7-year Head start on most of the games that I mentioned and has yet to come out of pre-alpha now the addition to Bill trosk to the team helped greatly improve the speed of delivery but it's going to be at least I'd say two more years before it comes out by that time we'll be old and gray and no one will care and the game will fail again that's my opinion
GaMe DoeSnT ExIsT
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GaMe DoeSnT ExIsT
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
I was curious how they were going to do keeps, settlements, etc. on the map. Hoping they'll give a bit more of an idea at a glance if its a military, economic, religious settlement.

Id say to just put sox on ignore, but enough people quote him that you just see his drug addled ramblings anyways.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I have him on ignore yet people keep replying to what appears to be a bot for some reason. Can Amod Amod permanently ban it from this thread please? Not once has it contributed anything of value.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I have followed ashes of creation for a while I have been in chat rooms with Phoenix initiatives devs and high ranking individuals within the ashes of creation channel including content creators I'm probably the most knowledgeable on the game now I will admit Steven has fallen behind to his competition his competition is bearing down on his heels again don't trust higher that was that was teller that was good mood been able to understand is the classes in combat and I think that was the big issue with pashes will it get released probably will be any good probably for like 2 weeks and then the next game comes out you got to realize as a fan of gaming there's too much competition out there your big companies are buying up all the really good projects and taking them under their wing and financing them and all the small indie studios are going bankrupt because they can't compete that's just a little on speed back now you can get your feelings hurt and you can go cry Steven and he may give you a hug or two guess on the cheek and tell you it's going to be all right but I'm trying to be realistic here .

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Freeholds will be the death of ashes of creation people will get mad that they can't own the housing just like Star wars Galaxy made everyone a Jedi they'll give everyone a freehold and all the hardcore players that grinded the match for the house and stuff will get to pushed away and pissed off and leave the game

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have had him on ignore for a long time. I have no problem with at least banning him from this thread.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Xerex are you with the Ashes guild. Envious. I have seen your name before.

Last edited:

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I like Steven I think he's a nice guy I think he's very business savvy would he turn on you maybe but I think he's pretty pretty much straight forward as the creative director it's not the owner he's not the CEO he's just a creative director kind of like what Holly longdale was in everquest she was the executive producer.

Cybsled

I wonder if it would be possible to make all pvp encounters in the open world ignore gear and level. Just whatever skills your class has. Even the playing field and force "fair" fights. You could sill keep the PvE level and gear stats for PvE content.

High level players with huge gear disparities that victimize lowbies who have zero chance of winning is a big reason why open world PvP games fail.

New World experimented with this and it got a thumbs down by the community. Main reasons:

1) It invalidated the gear treadmill by a significant amount: Why try to gear yourself when you can equip dogshit and still compete?
2) It invalidated time investment: While lower amounts of skills on a lower player might be a hindrance, if they have enough "core" skills, then it becomes too easy to cheese PVP with heal bots or CC bots.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if its because I've taken a decent break from MMO's over the last 4-5 years but really getting excited for this. I hope they don't get TOO much ability bloat especially if there is clickie items to supplement etc as I am getting old and hitting 35 different abilities in a 30 sec span isn't as fun as it used to be.

Game looks great so far. Have me and the wife signed up for Alpha 2. I've mained sorc/wiz 90% of MMO's since 1999 but now that I my wife is kind enough to play with me think I will have to split time between a tank while she heals and then sorc/wiz when she isn't online. Some decent ideas on their cleric spells, we all wish it could be here asap but when the game finally gets all put together I'm still confident its going to be highest quality of work on the market. Just hope they make itemization meaningful, gets so old with the +1 more power bs.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
New World experimented with this and it got a thumbs down by the community. Main reasons:

1) It invalidated the gear treadmill by a significant amount: Why try to gear yourself when you can equip dogshit and still compete?
2) It invalidated time investment: While lower amounts of skills on a lower player might be a hindrance, if they have enough "core" skills, then it becomes too easy to cheese PVP with heal bots or CC bots.

Which are both just timesink complaints. And that's the primary problem with MMO PVP games. The main audience wants fairly uncompetitive PVP where time invested is the primary driver for winning. This turns off the smaller crowd of true PVP players who just want competition. Then you add PVP being a niche section of MMOs and your audience isn't nearly what you thought it would be. I think WoW overall did the best at providing options which could expand the audience, but the Ashes team knows what they want to make, and I'll play it either way. I may not stay though. I play to explore new worlds and PVP centric games usually have massive balance flaws.