Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
100 hours. Still tons of stuff to do. This other main quest just split into 3 sending me to 2 regions I haven’t been to yet.

Going to be around 120-140 hours before I’m done at this pace.

I’m definitely getting my money’s worth. :)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
okay, i said i was going to boycott this because of microtransactions, but it just sounds too good to avoid despite the wallet squeezing...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've been playing the Project Stream version. It's exited the game a couple times, but so far, aside from a few areas where quality degrades due to a potential spotty connection, it is quite fun. This is definitely unlike the previous AC games because this game exploration is actually fun. As always, underwater combat is always the scariest. (Nightmares of getting that component in Everquest with hammerhead sharks)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
100 hours. Still tons of stuff to do. This other main quest just split into 3 sending me to 2 regions I haven’t been to yet.

Going to be around 120-140 hours before I’m done at this pace.

I’m definitely getting my money’s worth. :)

Do i need to worry about saving points? I'm pure Assassin now but I can see we'll probably have enough to spend points on another class but wondering if I get enough for all 3 classes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Do i need to worry about saving points? I'm pure Assassin now but I can see we'll probably have enough to spend points on another class but wondering if I get enough for all 3 classes.

You won't get enough for all 3 classes. I have all skill in assassin to rank 3, and maybe 6 or 7 skills to rank 3 in warrior and none in hunter.

You can respec at any time for cheap, so don't save points, spend them in any way you want and respec later if you need to. :)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You won't get enough for all 3 classes. I have all skill in assassin to rank 3, and maybe 6 or 7 skills to rank 3 in warrior and none in hunter.

You can respec at any time for cheap, so don't save points, spend them in any way you want and respec later if you need to. :)

Awesome, I have points in Hunter too as i'm capped until the next story portion. I got off the newbie island onto the main land and it feels like an awesome single player MMO. Another really fun thing for a newbie in this series like me is the bounty hunters, i'm only mid teens and I have like 8 of them tracking me and hunting me down all the time. I love that they are so aggressive and give you loot and bonuses.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
5hrs in and it just brought up Opening Credits :) Enjoying it so far. It gave me some starter items from twitch prime that I now can't figure out how to get out of my inventory.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm about 2 hours in and I love it. Compared to Origins the game-play is smoother and the interface is more intuitive. I liked Origins but this is just a better game. I miss my old Assassins Creed derp combat adventures, but Ubisoft has really stepped it up in terms of making modern action combat RPG's.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Ooook so finally back from a severe medical hiatus and can game again!
Picked up Origins two weeks ago and dropped 50 hours into it and really enjoyed it but the reviews for this game made it impossible for me to wait any longer.

Phenomenal so far and a huge quality of life upgrades noticeable from jump. LOVE the more in depth item, stat, and crafting system.

I’m only about an hour and a half in but I’m wondering if I’m the only one struggling with some of these camera changes or angles? I might just need to adapt but I’m not used to it getting so close to my hero in AC games or RPGs in general and typically swing my camera around a lot for cinematic flair while assassinating people and it doesn’t seem to have that same flow.
Something else, I played Origins from start to finish on Nightmare and had zero issues and had a good time (except for getting money but fuck Ubisoft for that whole ordeal...) I’m noticing I’m basically getting one or two shot now and it’s surprising how much harder it is. Is it like this for my other Nightmare bros or is it just because I’m a scrub with no gear and I won’t be getting one shot constantly down the line?
Also, is money farming any better? Origins was ridiculous on that note. I could only get enough to like upgrade the same two weapons over and over with just enough on the side to get basics and the occasional Heka chest and I looted EVERYTHING.

Other than that, love the setting and story is immensely better so far already. World design is incredible and holy shit new 60’ 4K with a PS4 Pro thanks to my main man Bandwagon has my jaw dropping to the beauty of this game. A+ so far.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just reached 120 hours, 85% Progression and 83% Region Discovered.

I switched to a warrior and hunter build. It’s a very tank build, I might have overdone it really. 2% of damage done returned as health, if I die I get 20% health back, if I get hit I have a chance to get a shield for 30% of my life. I have a bunch of resistance. A 25% or so cooldown réduction for abilities.

Basically I walk in, and don't even try to be sneaky or avoid being seen, and just destroy everything. It’s kinda fun, I use fire damage.

I’m thinking of switching to to the set with fire damage and go full fire damage build.

Or try a hunter build, I just got a nice set for it.

I hope I’ll be done before RDR2, but I’m not sure at this point. :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am about 100 hours in and I gotta say I love this game. It is fucking amazing.

(alot of that opinion is in 4k and HDR)

Anyways holy shit the story isnt bad imagine that! Even fucking Utnayan Utnayan likes it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Now 20 hrs in I struggle with knowing when I should progress stories vs side quests /exploring. Sometimes I think I do this too early only to find the game is still unlocking features. When I check store it says I'm 25% thru the story but only 11% explored @ lvl 19. I was surprised at the 25% as I've been pretty much ignoring it.

Is it okay to focus on killing cult members for awhile? Is there a clear part of the story where they intend you to focus on that?

I also can't tell if I'm overly hoarding resources. I haven't spent money upgrading items because you just have so many of them . I have 90,000 drachmae but I don't know if that is a lot or a little for my level

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's a good sum especially if you haven't done a certain pirate story mission yet where you will see another influx.

I mostly stick to only upgrading my legendary items. So that can get swallowed up pretty quick once you upgrade every item in your slot base to catch up if you want to use those over blue/purps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just hit 33 last night and I am way over the level of the areas I am in. Am I doing too many side areas / side quests / bounties etc?

Valderen Valderen sounds fun, thought about swapping warrior. That Agamenons (sp) set has burning damage which is what made me want to swap.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just hit 33 last night and I am way over the level of the areas I am in. Am I doing too many side areas / side quests / bounties etc?

Valderen Valderen sounds fun, thought about swapping warrior. That Agamenons (sp) set has burning damage which is what made me want to swap.

how do you out level an area? It seems like the zones adjust upwards to your lvl

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
how do you out level an area? It seems like the zones adjust upwards to your lvl

When you start the game each zone has a "base" level for example 22-26, which is the minimum level you need to be to do that zone. If you're 40 (at normal) the zone will be 38-38. So technically you're about 12 levels over the base level of the zone.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
When you start the game each zone has a "base" level for example 22-26, which is the minimum level you need to be to do that zone. If you're 40 (at normal) the zone will be 38-38. So technically you're about 12 levels over the base level of the zone.

The quests still show as the lower level also in the quest menu. Im grabbing quests and flying all around now hunting cultists and doing the main line.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
okay, i said i was going to boycott this because of microtransactions, but it just sounds too good to avoid despite the wallet squeezing...

Its pretty good. I am not that far into it just got my boat but they did a really good job with the look/feel of ancient greece and the gameplay is very enjoyable so far. I got a really good sparta kick on my first boarding action to punt the enemy captain to the sharks very satisfying.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am about 100 hours in and I gotta say I love this game. It is fucking amazing.

(alot of that opinion is in 4k and HDR)

Anyways holy shit the story isnt bad imagine that! Even fucking Utnayan Utnayan likes it.

My mom rarely notices video games but I was at the top of a statue of zeus when I flipped it from day to night and that got a wow out of her. Very beautiful game and I don't even have a great TV I can only imagine what it looks like on 4k.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My mom rarely notices video games but I was at the top of a statue of zeus when I flipped it from day to night and that got a wow out of her. Very beautiful game and I don't even have a great TV I can only imagine what it looks like on 4k.

4k on an OLED with HDR and having it configured properly is pretty good :)

• 1Like