Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Blazin Blazin and anyone else that want some advice about leveling, and what to do and/or skip. Understand that this come from someone who is being an extreme completist right now.

There's definitely no right answer as to when to do main quest, side quest or exploration. It is important to understand that the game expect you to do some of the side quest and bounties, either for experience, money or materials.

1. Main Quest (Odyssey Section of the Quest Tab). Well obviously you want to do this. The main quest will take you to most regions, but will not have you explore the entire map on it's own, and will very rarely require you to come back to a previous region. So when the main story sends you to another region, I would suggest finishing what you have in that region before moving on, that doesn't mean doing everything, but what you plan on doing anyways at some point.

2. Side Quest (World and Characters Section of the Quest Tab). These are the Gold on Black icons on the world map. I highly recommend these, first most of them are fun, and can be pretty long taking you to different region and some have good rewards. They are pretty good XP also.

3. Bounties and Contracts (Bounties and Contracts Section of the Quest Tab). These are picked up on the bounty board, or are Silver on Black icon on the world map. These are generic quest with no real narrative to them. I would suggest picking all that you find, but not go out of your way to finish them. Don't be afraid to let them expire if they are not in your way. I say pick all of them up because for the most part they be completed as you do other stuff. It's decent xp, money and materials. Probably the safest thing to ignore. The contracts are long stuff like kill 15 leaders, again this is something you'll complete over weeks as you just play the game...there's no point in not picking them up. You just don't have to actively work on them if you don't want to.

4. Exploration. This I would definitely recommend doing. Explore all POI on the map. There's a few reason for this.

First is the Ancient Tablets, these are required to upgrade your ship and can only be obtained in random POI across the map. You end up with more than needed, so it's not too bad if you miss a few, or if you don't care at all for Sea Battles, although some are required for the story.

The second things is Tombs, these always have Ability points in them, and well more ability points is always good.

The third reason is that most Cultist are not tied to the main story. They are NPC that you can find in Forts, Region Leaders, and some are found on ships in the sea. You can kill them even if you don't know they are cultist members, this is actually how I killed most of them, if you don't do all the POI. You'll eventually have to return to these regions when you discover who they are, so you can kill them.

The fourth reason and I forgot what it's called, but it's those little quest thing that give you a clue to go find something. A lot if not all of these reward with Engravings so they can be useful. You get plenty of engraving even without doing these though, so they are optional.

The last reason is again xp, materials, and gear.

As for actively hunting Cultist, I wouldn't bother too much on this. First a lot of them are high level so you will always be limited by your level. If you do all the POI on a map, you will end up killing most of them by accident. :) I would only concentrate if they have a set you want.

The bottom line, do what you enjoy. The more you do though, the more flexibility it will give you. More legendary weapons and sets and the money/mats required to level them up to try different builds.

Hope that's useful. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
thanks for summary. I did have to do the story enough to get to the leveling spear part I had 7 unspent skill pts because it wouldn't let me spend anymore without being further.

spronk

FPS noob
anyone know what the DLCs are gonna be for this? xpacs for the main story like Origins or rando stuff like Far Cry?

I have the free Google stream version and semi tempted to play it there, but it disappears Jan 15th and I assume all my saves and stuff go with it. I'm probably gonna buy it on Xbox X when the gold edition drops 50% around black friday, by then RDR 2 should be done too. If the google version copied to PC or some sort of cloud save I'd probably play now

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I just finished all of the main quests, 124 hours. Overall the story is pretty amazing, really enjoyed it.

I still have stuff to complete, a few side quests and still about 12% of the world to explore. I should be able to do this before RDR2.

Looking forward to the content they have planned out since they have a lot.

zanrvdbo22m11.jpg

I'm most interested in the Lost Tales of Greece, the 2 DLC, and the Mythical Beats. Epic Ships and Mercenaries don't seem that interesting.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lot of beta invites went out for the google streaming service which currently only has this game in its library, you can play for free until Jan 15 2019. i just got in the beta, pretty cool although i woulda been pissed if I bought the game and got a free beta. You get 1000 helix credits, I assume you should buy the XP timesaver boost to min/max, i wonder if it carries over to "real" PC or ps4/xb1 platforms as well or if the time saver is just for the google streaming version

plays well so far and looks good, playing on a controller too. is this the future of gaming?

if you didn't sign up you can do so here, they seem to be sending invites out in waves
https://projectstream.google.com/aco/invite
Signed up. We'll see what happens. Happy to support the tech either way.

Molten Core Raider
I got the google stream invite yesterday but have already been playing the game via steam/uplay. I bought the flappy pegasus that wont die when Im too lazy to get off the horse before cliff diving but it didnt appear on my steam account when I fired it up. Guess they are separate. Boo.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
63 hours in, level 50, rank 1 merc, 2 of 4 mythical beasts, 3 of 8 cultists (inner circle) dead.

59% progression 68% regions.

Good lord there’s just so many things to do in this game. Gonna try and rush through the rest of the story and then probably call it a day. I’ve had a lot of fun with it, repetitive after a while but can’t complain 😊

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
97% Progression, 95% Region Discovered. I'm almost done, should be done in time for RDR2. :)

I was completing the last side quest I had which sent me to 2 islands I hadn't been to yet, and I picked up a few more side quests, one of which is happening on 2 islands and is pretty interesting so far.

I tried a bunch of builds in the last few days, 2 warriors, one of which was very tanky, and a full on fire build, also tried a hunter build which while very efficient is just not my style.

I'm back to my Assassin/Warrior build with the Poison set which is my favorite so far. The assassin play style is just my favorite way to play the game. I need to go back to a blacksmith to tweak it a bit, since I got a bunch of new engravings that I think might make it better.

• 1Like

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Love the game and the playstyle, but holy shit the writing/dialogue is so cringe worthy sometimes.

*edit* My other minor gripe is being able to light yourself on fire with your own ability.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Okay now so can we get one just like this with even more refinements and upgrades game wise but in an Asian setting? Japan pleaseeee. Pls.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beat all main quests too. Great game. Full Agamemnon fire suit plus Hades bow is pure slaughter. Did the arena quests with ease.

4C823417-8011-4241-B14E-648E4B285769.jpeg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My brother was a casual gamer before his kids were born and gets to play video games maybe once a month now. He was telling me the other week that he liked how the new AC looked (commercials/trailers) and was thinking of getting it because he loves the assassination stuff. He seemed so hyped.

I had to break it to him that the series now is pretty much a hack & slash with a focus on gear stats and the assassinating is barely a secondary element. The sadness I saw in his eyes was heart breaking.

I don't mind it, but I'm surprised I don't see more negativity about them leaving the core essence of the series behind.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My brother was a casual gamer before his kids were born and gets to play video games maybe once a month now. He was telling me the other week that he liked how the new AC looked (commercials/trailers) and was thinking of getting it because he loves the assassination stuff. He seemed so hyped.

I had to break it to him that the series now is pretty much a hack & slash with a focus on gear stats and the assassinating is barely a secondary element. The sadness I saw in his eyes was heart breaking.

I don't mind it, but I'm surprised I don't see more negativity about them leaving the core essence of the series behind.

Because they left the story behind with Unity. Also AC Odyssey non-spoilers

The ending is finally getting a bit back on track. For once thank fuck.

Outside of the oddball AC rogue which I loved(yes spronk spronk from a technical stand point AC:Greece is vastly superior but story wise not so much) this is the best one since AC2.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just reached
Atlantis and met my father

I have a long way to go don't I :)

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha ok kinda glad. Time will be moving over to RDR2 - but I may just pay Gamefly for the game at this point because everything will be a slow burn. Right now I am island hopping to get to level 31 to continue on the main quest.

The one I mentioned in the spoiler requires 35 to start.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Haha ok kinda glad. Time will be moving over to RDR2 - but I may just pay Gamefly for the game at this point because everything will be a slow burn. Right now I am island hopping to get to level 31 to continue on the main quest.

The one I mentioned in the spoiler requires 35 to start.

Actually you’re more than half way.

one of the boss fights is tough you need to be in 40’s. Just use vand build or fire.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, I got Platinum at 12:03 just in time for RDR2. Took me 137 hours.

My first Platinum. :)

• 2Like