Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't touched an AC game since the first, and this looks pretty cool. Going to cave sometime after RDR2 for this.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I finally leveled my spear to level 5 so I could train the rank 3 of abilities. Respected and now have all assassin’s skills at rank 3, doing awesome damage. I was able to assassinate a level 50 legendary mercenary in 1 hit at 46 so that’s pretty good...aside from the fact I wanted to recruit him and didn’t think I would 1 shot him. :)

Didn’t progress the story as I hunted for shards for the spear, went to arena and killed all the fighters there except the 50 and the last one. Also completed a few major side quests.
Recruit?

How similiar is this to Shadow of War, as far as the nemesis system and armies go?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Recruit?

How similiar is this to Shadow of War, as far as the nemesis system and armies go?

Nothing like it at all. Recruit means bring them to your ship and place them in one of a few slots for extra damage while in ship battles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m now the greatest Mercenary alive, as I reached tier 1. :)

I’m king of the arena as I completed the quest and beat everyone. :)

I’m king of the sea as I fully upgraded my ship to legendary. :)

I’ve slayed 2 Mythical beasts. :)

"I killed the wrong twin. :)

I’m rich almost 500K Drachmae. :)

Only 60% progression and region discovered in 90 hours, i get way too distracted, and play way too much. :)

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Valderen Valderen Valderen Valderen you will have to let me know if it gets any worse post level 40 or so.

Ok, i think I can answer that now. It’s a bit hard for me to say exactly because I outleveled everything by so much but I’ll do my best.

At around 55% progression you'll have about 3 main story quest, one of which is to go to 4 different area last area being 48-50. I was way high in level at that point so not sure what the lowest quest was but I think around mid 30s. There’s ton of stuff to do in each area but if you only want to do main story there and you’re barely keeping up level wise...I think there will be some serious “grinding” to do.

I think the game is awesome for someone like me that do all side stuff regardless, but I think the second half might piss some people off. As I said hard for me to be accurate but that’s th feeling I get.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
And just because I figured out how to upload stuff from PS4. :)

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Is keyboard and mouse viable if I buy for PC? I have a controller but I don't like using it and just wondering if this was built from the ground up for a controller if the PC controls end up feeling too wonky?

Molten Core Raider
Been playing on the PC for over 40 hours with no major issue, PC controls are fine. My only annoyance is that you're limited to 4 assigned abilities for ranged attacks and 4 for melee (they are mapped to the 1, 2, 3, and 4 buttons by default and auto switch based on whether youre in ranged or melee mode). Dunno if this is to keep things in line with console versions that use a controller or what, but come on, I have a bazillion keys, let me map more than 4 melee abilities....

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Been playing on the PC for over 40 hours with no major issue, PC controls are fine. My only annoyance is that you're limited to 4 assigned abilities for ranged attacks and 4 for melee (they are mapped to the 1, 2, 3, and 4 buttons by default and auto switch based on whether youre in ranged or melee mode). Dunno if this is to keep things in line with console versions that use a controller or what, but come on, I have a bazillion keys, let me map more than 4 melee abilities....

You get a 2nd set of 4 melee abilities later in the story, which after 40 hours you might have unlocked already. You just need your Spear of Leonidas to be level 2. Not sure how you switch between the 2 on a PC though.

Molten Core Raider
You get a 2nd set of 4 melee abilities later in the story, which after 40 hours you might have unlocked already. You just need your Spear of Leonidas to be level 2. Not sure how you switch between the 2 on a PC though.

Hmm, I had no idea that sort of thing unlocked, I guess I completely tuned out if there were instructions on it. After popping on and actually looking for it, it's the tilde key that does it by default. Not sure how fluid that's gonna be in combat, I didnt check to see if it can be remapped but surely it can.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So this might have been answered in an earlier thread, so apologizes if it has. Never played any of the AC games for reasons, but the RPG aspects they added in Origins and refined more in Odyssey got me very, very interested. Should I play Origins first? From what I read, they are pretty similar overall except for the setting.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So this might have been answered in an earlier thread, so apologizes if it has. Never played any of the AC games for reasons, but the RPG aspects they added in Origins and refined more in Odyssey got me very, very interested. Should I play Origins first? From what I read, they are pretty similar overall except for the setting.

The stories are totally unrelated except for the present day stuff that is pretty much inconsequential at this point and not really interesting anyways.

I personally enjoyed Origins, but Odyssey is pretty much an upgrade in almost every way, especially in the RPG elements.

I wouldn't bother at this point, unless you're totally starved for games to play, but there's probably good deals on it that could make it an attractive option.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
lot of beta invites went out for the google streaming service which currently only has this game in its library, you can play for free until Jan 15 2019. i just got in the beta, pretty cool although i woulda been pissed if I bought the game and got a free beta. You get 1000 helix credits, I assume you should buy the XP timesaver boost to min/max, i wonder if it carries over to "real" PC or ps4/xb1 platforms as well or if the time saver is just for the google streaming version

plays well so far and looks good, playing on a controller too. is this the future of gaming?

if you didn't sign up you can do so here, they seem to be sending invites out in waves
https://projectstream.google.com/aco/invite

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Played 3 hours of this tonight, before peeling myself away from the controller. Really enjoyed the start of it, and I can't wait to get home and throw some more time at it tomorrow.

Got 1000 Helix coins through the Project Stream test as Spronk said. Any further recommendations for what we should use it on? Permanent xp boost the clear choice here?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Actually calls out where I own the game in this promo that popped up when I edited my profile on the Ubi client. I don't own it otherwise.

1539674673807.png

Has it's own profile page too. Ubisoft Club

So seems like it's treated like another platform, which makes sense I guess, but would hope for some overlap by tying account unlocks/benefits together.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda finished it, but not really. :)

I finished what I'd consider to be the main story thread, which was quite cool.

I still have 2 main story in the Odyssey section of the quest journal. I'm around 60% Progression and Region Discovered, so I still have a lot of stuff to do.

Basically I finished the part about the sealing Atlantis which takes you back to the present for the conclusion, not going to actually spoil it since it's quite fun I think. I fought the Cyclops, Minotaur and Medusa(annoying fight). I'm looking forward to them adding more of those Mythical creature.

I still have the story about my mother to do, and still have the Cultist story to do. Since I'm only at 60% progression, I'm guessing both still have a significant amount of content left to do.

As for the exploration stuff.

The mother quest sends me to an region I haven't been to yet. The kill legendary beast sends me to 4 regions I haven't been to. Looking for the Theorems for the math dude sends me to 1 other region also. I think the blind guy will complete as I do those others.

So I'm guessing completing those will make me go to most of the regions I still haven't explore yet.

I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it in time for RDR2.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Went ahead and bought for PC only thing that bugs me so far is M (map) not being a toggle. That just seems so much more intuitive to me than having to hit escape to get out of map mode.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought for PC as well, the controls feel great so far. I'm semi autistic and I like to push buttons not watch talking competition cutscenes so I like that I can skip them all.